• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I need to stop playing Dota.
It seems like when I submit feedback as "Very Low" it just decides to throw me into games with worse players than the last one..
Games won were from enemy players D/C'ing.
If there was a sewer of Dota, I would be in it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
is it happening?

jO975RT.png

Hey guys just had a query. Have been looking into Ethereal Blade and I wondered what heroes it would be best for? Just from my basic understanding it would be useful for Agility heroes with damage nukes like Gyro although is it advisable to get it on non Agi nukers like Lion, Skyrath Mage? I know a lot of Dota is situational but I'm just trying to figure the item out.

SamVimes

Hey guys just had a query. Have been looking into Ethereal Blade and I wondered what heroes it would be best for? Just from my basic understanding it would be useful for Agility heroes with damage nukes like Gyro although is it advisable to get it on non Agi nukers like Lion, Skyrath Mage? I know a lot of Dota is situational but I'm just trying to figure the item out.

It's pretty much only core on Morphling (and by no means is that his only build). Sometimes if you have a lot of gold and there's one or two really strong right clickers on the opposite team you can buy it just to use it on either them (if they don't have bkb or strong illusions like an antimage or a CK) or on your ally that is getting focused down.

chippie

E-Blade is generally mainly picked up on Morphling. The reason being is he can at any moment chose to have very high agility. If you put all your stats to agility, eblade someone, that adapative strike (scales based on your primary stat) then waveform you can pretty much blow up any support.

Your thinking is right it is strong with any hero that has a strong nuke but they time they could farm an eblade there are much better items you can get such as a hex.

It's actually pretty strong on pudge late game too if you get lots of passive stacks as your strength can be really high.

Tinker is another hero it's seen on a bit as you can eblade > dagon 5 > re-arm and continue the combo over and over.

shira

fun as hell on magi: Lina, Silencer, CM, Lion, Ogre, OD, Zeus if you are screwing around or have the farm.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok guys, I have a potentially dumb question. How, if possible, do you put something into your stash when your stash isn't already open?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just put 'something' on the chick and press E(default) :>

Ok I didn't know I had to get the chicken involved. Thank you for teaching me something about a game I have played more than 500 games of.

ViviOggi

Random Slark managed to feed a (completely unnecessarily built) Rapier twice and when we lost the game he was in the process of building another one. Fuck this shit.

Acinixys

E Blade on Riki is hilarious with a Dagon 5

Not only do you get a massive Agi boost for your backstab, but using items doesnt take Riki out of invis, so you can instagib a support and they wont even know youre there

Its a super troll build though, and only viable if youre balling out of control

LiQuid!

I'm seeing so many games abandoned at hero selection by opponents during pro streams lately.

Mohasus

Dagon + E-Blade QoP.

ElyrionX

Random Slark managed to feed a (completely unnecessarily built) Rapier twice and when we lost the game he was in the process of building another one. Fuck this shit.

People who don't understand that rapiers are only meant to built by a losing team are the worst. So much unnecessary risk.

E-blade is such a wierd item, I'd like it if you could switch the agility on the item to your preferred stat. I think maybe only nyx and morph are where it could be used regularly.

Metroid

Fuck this. I was 15 games positive in my ranking but now I lost matches almost consecutively. 10 losses and 2 wins. I used to get normal teams but apparently Valve thinks it is an awesome idea to give you noobs just that you get back to your 50/50 rating. Sucks.. :/

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Fuck this. I was 15 games positive in my ranking but now I lost matches almost consecutively. 10 losses and 2 wins. I used to get normal teams but apparently Valve thinks it is an awesome idea to give you noobs just that you get back to your 50/50 rating. Sucks.. :/

MM system don't work like that, you're just forgetting all the times you won because you had the "better" team.

Metroid

MM system don't work like that, you're just forgetting all the times you won because you had the "better" team.

Strangely the last 10 losses we were being STOMPED due to wrong picking, no support or DCs. Can't remember that that happened to me so often.. It's infuriating.

Metroid

Then play Support yourself?

I do actually, I like playing support. But then our carry sucks. I don't mind losing at all if the game is fun, but most of my last game it just is not. Are there any goog MM groups in the neogaf channel? Would love a proper match right now..

Raxus

My advice Metroid. Be friendly. Get to know people online. Make friends. Play together. That way you reduce the random factor and get consistent people to play with.

Metroid

My advice Metroid. Be friendly. Get to know people online. Make friends. Play together. That way you reduce the random factor and get consistent people to play with.

I am friendly, all the time(Most of my commendations are for friendlinessif that is any indicator) I try to teach and to be kind, but then you have a whole team of russians, solo players and just downright crappy people. Makes me wonder if there is any chance playing alone and having fun again. Do you want to be my friend?

EDIT: Nothing against Russians, but I hate how they downright refuse talking english most of the time even if the whole team is.

shira

I am friendly, all the time(Most of my commendations are for friendlinessif that is any indicator) I try to teach and to be kind, but then you have a whole team of russians, solo players and just downright crappy people. Makes me wonder if there is any chance playing alone and having fun again. Do you want to be my friend?

EDIT: Nothing against Russians, but I hate how they downright refuse talking english most of the time even if the whole team is.

The opposite is also very true.
Don't be a scumbag stacker.
i4DtkrQPBQfcF.png

ElyrionX

What is offlane Slark's role in the team? I don't find I can usually find enough farm to be that effective in mid-game when laning him in the offlane.

G.ZZZ

-250 since yesterday, game about to be won, server kick me can't reconnect.

Volvo plz.

EDIT: YES GOT AN ABANDON BUT WON FUCK YEAH.

We've already seen the materials they're using for Phoenix, haven't we?

Plus his name is 'Icarus', which is about as Chinese as windmills and tulips.

Those seemed to be really early. I'm reminded of Tusk's early appearance which had a monocle and was entirely different.

His name is Icarus in Dota. That doesn't mean anything for Dota 2. They could keep the name or change it to fit as they needed.

Acinixys

Dire instantly locks Jugger and CM

Goes top

Gets raped by a Lion/Viper lane

"Juggernaught has abandoned"

Hope you get LPQ you time wasting pos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom