• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

I like this fanart

terrorblade_hero_concept_art_by_gothicmalam91-d64qidt.jpg

I think people expecting a slightly modified Illidan are going to be disappointed. Given all the changes done recently to old heroes to make them different, Illidan is probably the last character they want to take inspiration from.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They just need to give Terrorblade tits.

Bam, instant differentiation from Illidan.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems lol is adding some 6v6 map, and I have been invited to test it. What are the easy/fun heroes, I used to just play taric and sine fiddle sticks.

http://dota4life.com/2014/01/25/phoenix-and-terrorblade-to-be-added/

old?

Few hours ago, Valve has released a small update thats brings new tournament tickets,bundled item sets and couriers to the game. While this kind of content should be interesting to every single individual that enjoys watching matches or tends to collect exclusive items, the question most of you are going to ask is, if there are any new heroes released. Well, although this patch didn’t add a single hero yet, the strings Cyborgmatt managed to find unveil the possible soon release of two of them. Yes, Phoenix and Terrorblade might soon been added to DOTA 2, and according to the following strings, Valve’s developers are currently working on them or finishing them.

Nymerio

I've had my first good game with PA today. I went Phase->HotD->BKB->MKB. Is this an acceptable build? Battlefury was recommended in the build I used but I figured I'd rather kill heroes than creeps. MKB because they had a Faceless Void.

SamVimes

I've had my first good game with PA today. I went Phase->HotD->BKB->MKB. Is this an acceptable build? Battlefury was recommended in the build I used but I figured I'd rather kill heroes than creeps. MKB because they had a Faceless Void.

MKB doesn't work against backtrack. Nothing does.

sixghost

Hey guys just had a query. Have been looking into Ethereal Blade and I wondered what heroes it would be best for? Just from my basic understanding it would be useful for Agility heroes with damage nukes like Gyro although is it advisable to get it on non Agi nukers like Lion, Skyrath Mage? I know a lot of Dota is situational but I'm just trying to figure the item out.

It's really good on Meepo if your first big item after blink and scepter is a skadi. I like it on Tinker after you have dagon 5 and sheep, or after dagon if your team doesn't need more disable. If you're super farmed with Lina it can be fun.

Jex

So, DotaGAF, how do you folks find people to play with somewhat regularly? Me and my friend have done alight by making friends here and there by actually talking to our teammates during random matches and it's certainly great to know enough people so you don't have to soloqueue. However, it's still a bit unfocused and when we're 3 stacked and partnered with a couple of people of randomers vs a 5 stack things can go pretty badly and we don't learn really learn that much, except that people everywhere need to carry TP scrolls.

Demoli

So, DotaGAF, how do you folks find people to play with somewhat regularly? Me and my friend have done alight by making friends here and there by actually talking to our teammates during random matches and it's certainly great to know enough people so you don't have to soloqueue. However, it's still a bit unfocused and when we're 3 stacked and partnered with a couple of people of randomers vs a 5 stack things can go pretty badly and we don't learn really learn that much, except that people everywhere need to carry TP scrolls.

Most of the people I party with are from an old tf2 community i frequented and has since disbanded. We have like 3 new guys from Dota only though. Gaf chat can give you one or 2 people who would like to play, and you can always meet new people in inhouses if you're american, for euros it's slightly harder due to time diferences and whatnot.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Add lots of people. I finally have enough people that I can consistently 3-5 stack in the evenings, between having a dozen plus people from GAF, a couple real life friends, and some guys who I've added after particularly fun matches where they seemed smart and communicative.

At least you have someone to play with. I got so sick of solo-ing and finding random people in chatrooms that I just gave up on the game for now. I have no real life friends that play Dota so it just sucks when I have to hope that at least one other person on my team isn't a non-communicative asshole. whenever I did play I'd either support or go mid so I didn't depend all that much on others.

I love this game but it doesn't love me back :(

Atlantis

Hey guys just had a query. Have been looking into Ethereal Blade and I wondered what heroes it would be best for? Just from my basic understanding it would be useful for Agility heroes with damage nukes like Gyro although is it advisable to get it on non Agi nukers like Lion, Skyrath Mage? I know a lot of Dota is situational but I'm just trying to figure the item out.

Mirana.png

Not something to build every game, but man is it fun.

Still hoping for TB's base form to look similar to AM but with cracked skin/glowing eyes. Hoping valve omitted the AM lines on purpose or the demon just doesn't know who AM is.

Is there a reason why Terrorblade is being added so late? I remember him being one of the older heroes and liking him while DotA 2 has a bunch of the newer ones I never actually got to play as in DotA (anything post Clockwerk/Kunkka I think were the newest ones).

Also the game needs more Gambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom