• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
What the heck happened?

Also, been playing Abyssal Underlord in the test client, and, man, he seems pretty dern strong. The ult is one thing, but that aura is just insane. Still at odds on where he feels like he should be. Could push out waves in mid while making last hitting impossible for your opponent/easy for you with a firestorm/aura build, but it feels like you need to max his pit out before the aura.

inkls

What the heck happened?

Also, been playing Abyssal Underlord in the test client, and, man, he seems pretty dern strong. The ult is one thing, but that aura is just insane. Still at odds on where he feels like he should be. Could push out waves in mid while making last hitting impossible for your opponent/easy for you with a firestorm/aura build, but it feels like you need to max his pit out before the aura.

the bonus attack is temporary right?

traveler

Not Wario
the bonus attack is temporary right?

Yeah, but as long you're mid, waves are dying around you and you're regularly sitting between 15 - 30 bonus attack, depending on how much you level it. He already has beefy starting dmg too and the aura drops your opponent's damage, so last hitting seems like it will be a complete pain against him. It's like you have a mini-Static link online at all times on all enemies around you.

One thing his current tooltips don't indicate is that the actual disable period on his pit scales with levels. The duration of the pit itself stays the same, but since the disable lasts longer, it feels like it's maxing it second will allow you to gank and teamfight better early than the extra points in the aura. I think 1 point in the aura- assuming he is mid- is mandatory, though.

NBtoaster

What the heck happened?

uh what? Hes playable in test client?

traveler

Not Wario
uh what? Hes playable in test client?

You can activate him the same way you can play terrorblade.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=122945&page=3&

See Wombo's post on that page for the specifics on him and the OP of that thread for the details on how to get both TB and him working. There are no art assets for either, so I'm currently using the base Doom model for him.

While I don't see any bugs on him (like TB has- his Conjure image is currently instant and his ranged form doesn't receive bonus dmg like it should) you don't have any graphics for his q or w, so you just have to go off the initial targeting circle to gauge where your pit and firestorm will land. Can't tell after the fact aside from seeing the bots get stopped/taking dmg. It's still playable enough to get a decent idea for how he might work though. (Assuming you wouldn't rather just install WC3 and play him there.)

inkls

Yeah, but as long you're mid, waves are dying around you and you're regularly sitting between 15 - 30 bonus attack, depending on how much you level it. He already has beefy starting dmg too and the aura drops your opponent's damage, so last hitting seems like it will be a complete pain against him. It's like you have a mini-Static link online at all times on all enemies around you.

One thing his current tooltips don't indicate is that the actual disable period on his pit scales with levels. The duration of the pit itself stays the same, but since the disable lasts longer, it feels like it's maxing it second will allow you to gank and teamfight better early than the extra points in the aura. I think 1 point in the aura- assuming he is mid- is mandatory, though.

how much duration are we talking here? 2.7s?

traveler

Not Wario
how much duration are we talking here? 2.7s?
RbyBSP5.jpg

Much longer.

Edit: Oh whoops. Misread. Thought you were referring to the duration on the damage boosts. Pit disable scaling is:

Duration: 1/1.5/2/2.5

The game just doesn't show it.

NBtoaster

You can activate him the same way you can play terrorblade.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=122945&page=3&

See Wombo's post on that page for the specifics on him and the OP of that thread for the details on how to get both TB and him working. There are no art assets for either, so I'm currently using the base Doom model for him.

While I don't see any bugs on him (like TB has- his Conjure image is currently instant and his ranged form doesn't receive bonus dmg like it should) you don't have any graphics for his q or w, so you just have to go off the initial targeting circle to gauge where your pit and firestorm will land. Can't tell after the fact aside from seeing the bots get stopped/taking dmg. It's still playable enough to get a decent idea for how he might work though. (Assuming you wouldn't rather just install WC3 and play him there.)

I see. Thought I missed some big update.

Have another question. What heroes is ghost sceptre a good counter against? From reading it's description I'm guessing right click heroes like Ursa, Riki, TA, PA, Lifestealer. Are there any more? I was thinking Drow but does Frost Arrows count as magical damage?

Also what about Anti-Mage? I'm guessing that would be situational based on how much mana you were missing?

Razzer

Have another question. What heroes is ghost sceptre a good counter against? From reading it's description I'm guessing right click heroes like Ursa, Riki, TA, PA, Lifestealer. Are there any more? I was thinking Drow but does Frost Arrows count as magical damage?

Also what about Anti-Mage? I'm guessing that would be situational based on how much mana you were missing?

You are pretty much right, it's mostly picked up by supports so that the carry can't blow you up before you even cast your shit. Orbs like Frost arrows can still be used on a ghosted target AFAIK.

Skab

Jugg.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I need to figure out what the hell is causing dota 2 to stutter all the time now that I have a fresh install :(
I have found the game will stutter if your hard drive reas speed isn't fast enough, usually when loading up sounds.

Troll is another one, ghost scepter royally screws him. After the whirling axe nerfs I wish icefraud made troll's ult last twice as long on himself. Its too easy to kite him.

Hylian7

I fucking hate this game.

No matter what, I cannot win a game.

I lose the lane, I lose the game. I win the lane by a lot, still lose the game. I pick the most OP hero in the game, still lose.

Lh5EiFQ.png

f0rk

Is there some sort of bug where the i key randomly stops working in chat? If I press it out of chat it does the default view model thing but I couldn't type it in chat for some reason :/

shira

I lose the lane, I lose the game. I win the lane by a lot, still lose the game. I pick the most OP hero in the game, still lose.

Lh5EiFQ.png

You know what you have to do don't you?

Activate all regions and all languages.

Lh5EiFQ.png

ES picker karma kicking in m8. ;)

How the hell did you lose that SS game? I was watching it, but I didn't finish it. You guys were dominating.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I used to be able to play and watch Dota 2. Couldn't get enough of it.

Watched the NSL and PyrionFlax earlier, and now I can't muster the motivation to play a game myself. I spend more time watching Dota than playing it recently. :lol

That's the biggest graveyard I've seen since the DMC4 goes multiplat thread.

The post:ban ratio is insane.

That's the first time I've ever seen Pudge banned.

IhdFuW8.png

Atlantis

Ghost Scepter is absolutely amazing, especially in the deepest level of the trench where I currently am. It's very rarely used so no one knows what the hell is even going on. On the rare occasion where I end up with Force Staff and a Ghost Scepter I feel godly.

It's an item that I feel doesn't SEEM useful on the surface, but once you see the effect is can have in practice, you end up loving it.

Ties

Banned
Ghost Scepter is absolutely amazing, especially in the deepest level of the trench where I currently am. It's very rarely used so no one knows what the hell is even going on. On the rare occasion where I end up with Force Staff and a Ghost Scepter I feel godly.

It's an item that I feel doesn't SEEM useful on the surface, but once you see the effect is can have in practice, you end up loving it.
iQscfDCWB8jPu.png

Chris R

I have found the game will stutter if your hard drive reas speed isn't fast enough, usually when loading up sounds.

Game and Windows are installed on my SSD, but it still might be a driver issue. Still digging, because it can make getting last hits a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom