• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I'm waiting for the nerfs to put any serious time into learning ES, don't want to get kneecapped.
I would go ahead and learn it anyway. I highly doubt the nerf will change the basic concept of the hero, so it will still be the same at the core. Learning it now will make it easier to practice on human players, and when the nerf comes, you can adjust your play style accordingly.

What is Phoenix's role? Some guides say support, others say he can semi-carry. Is he in that awkward "sorta support but doesn't need to be" place where Abaddon, Necro and Elder Titan live?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What is Phoenix's role? Some guides say support, others say he can semi-carry. Is he in that awkward "sorta support but doesn't need to be" place where Abaddon, Necro and Elder Titan live?

Speaking of Abaddon.
Just had a game where our Aba refused to purchase any support items.
When asked why he replied with "I'm rushing Radiance."
We lost.

Jex

At least you have someone to play with. I got so sick of solo-ing and finding random people in chatrooms that I just gave up on the game for now. I have no real life friends that play Dota so it just sucks when I have to hope that at least one other person on my team isn't a non-communicative asshole. whenever I did play I'd either support or go mid so I didn't depend all that much on others.

I love this game but it doesn't love me back :(

Me and my friend actually tend to play support because we don't trust the rest of our team to play position 4 and 5 without screwing it up. It tends to work out okay as along as the carries have some sense in their heads.

Hylian7

He sounds more like an Elder Titan to me, where he can be anything but a 5, and probably not a 1 either.

He's definitely not pure support, I think he belongs in mid or hard lane. Farm up a quick atos and then just spend the rest of the game team fighting.

NBtoaster

Probably shouldn't think of Phoenix as a farmer, for 6 seconds in teamfights he wont actually be doing using any of it with the ult. Also he starts with negative armor and has awful agility (12+1.3).

Last 4 ranked party games we've been losing to dudes from peru, with 2 total steam games on their account and 200 total hours hours played. 3600mmr.

Can anyone explain that? Is it 4-5k smurf accounts playing low mmr or whats going on? I'm stuck in this hell.

fierro

Banned
Last 4 ranked party games we've been losing to dudes from peru, with 2 total steam games on their account and 200 total hours hours played. 3600mmr.

Can anyone explain that? Is it 4-5k smurf accounts playing low mmr or whats going on? I'm stuck in this hell.

lol, the fact you lost to Peruvians is probably what makes all off that even worse.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The Peruvians are just better then you, gotta accept the facts.

kasane

He sucks cause he is in awkward position. His heal sucks but it can do damage, he has an escape mechanism too. I dunno since its a couple of years since i played him

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I did it guys! 200 W's!

EQo9w9Y.png

Y3ulQeF.png

Carry Naga is hard

Manus

Screw Death Prophet's ult. The cooldown on it is to short. Mix her with an early push strat and it's almost impossible to stop.

Marcus

fuck this game. im never gonna break 3.6k mmr. i always get to exactly 3588 and then lose all the way back down to 3.4k.

why can't they just do fucking all random ranked. i'm tired of retarded captains and ap is unplayable. last game i just had some genius pick am and medusa and then pretend it wasn't his fault we got crushed

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
why can't they just do fucking all random ranked. i'm tired of retarded captains and ap is unplayable. last game i just had some genius pick am and medusa and then pretend it wasn't his fault we got crushed

Yeah RD and AR really need to be added to ranked (and SD). AP and CD can be just as imbalanced as though 2 modes, so there's no reason they should be withheld out of some sense of "zomg balanced, competitive modes." The only true competitive mode is CM and if you only want to play ranked CM, that's an option (that's all I play, but if they added RD, I'd play that as well). Hell just throw in all the game modes and scrap normal mode.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You can bet your ass that we will get bananamancer arcana.

Why would we? Bananamancer is complete garbage and inferior in every way compared to the new model. This is like asking for old ES or Slardar arcanas. Arcanas are $35, they better be a damn good alternative, not just an alpha build of a hero. You start releasing trash like that and the perceived value of arcanas will drop significantly.The Lina one gets a pass because it's high quality and a distinctly different style with new icons and animations.

It reached seven minutes, I don't know why I joined the match.

Fuck me.

fuck you and fuck this game

Then solo queue against a 5 stack

Okay game Ok

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I just broke 100 matches and I hate Dota just as much as when I started.

On to another billion matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom