• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Man, Phoenix looks really good. I wonder if they'll go back and redo the older models that already have cosmetics because the amount of special effects they've added to the new heroes make them really stand out compared to like a tidehunter

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Gr7bjEh.jpg

Footprints

Well, Valve has awoken again it seems. And they're doing a really good job posting regular, substantial updates of late.

I know I've been one of the more vicious critics of Dota 2, but its only because I love it. Great job Valve.

The new map has god damn fireworks going off on it. Minimap is busted, had to load it though the console.
Cherry blossoms and melting snow. Looks beautiful. Kind of wish that the maps would be available throughout the year, but its not really worth it if it requires separate queues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, Valve did a somewhat Kludge solution to the lack of space in Captains mode. The last space for Radiant Strength is just a blank black box, it doesn't even show ES/Phoenix.

Dahbomb

wha... what happens if eartshaker selects take aim? carry earthshaker from distance? =D
I think only ranged heroes can pick it.

Some combinations are hilariously broken. A ranged agility hero getting Backstab means you win 1v1 lane pretty fucking free. Or getting Slark's Essence Shift on a ranged hero is fucked up. I hope some abilities are Range/Melee only.

traveler

Not Wario
It's an inherently broken mode. I just want to see every ability functional without the whole thing breaking. Screw balance.

Also, you can get backstab + enchant totem in the same pool lol

elyetis

It's an inherently broken mode. I just want to see every ability functional without the whole thing breaking. Screw balance.
Agreed.

And if each people pick 1 skill each turn ( I'm guessing it work that way, or the first player would be at too much of an advantage ), most skill combo wonbo can be prevented by the opposing team pick.

bounchfx

wait so what are the chances of a day 4 update as well? I think I've seen it in TF2 once or twice but honestly we've gotten SO much already that I'm not expecting anything else.

I can totally see another hat drop in a week or two though with the rest of the great workshop submissions.

Man I am so pumped to try Phoenix, RAD, and the new map.

Phoenix is one of those heroes that will never need an in-game item. He's perfect as is.

Terrorblade, on the other hand, is ugly as sin. He needs a set fucking pronto. Weapons are fugly. default items are fugly.

Lotto

Man, Phoenix looks really good. I wonder if they'll go back and redo the older models that already have cosmetics because the amount of special effects they've added to the new heroes make them really stand out compared to like a tidehunter

Whoa now, watermelon monster stays. He stands out plenty right now compared to all the other heroes.

Razzer

There's an icon that appears on the scorecard that must have something to do with treasures we collect throughout the event. Not sure how it works though.

Also, Terrorblade seems fun. His attack speed is great and his animation is one of the best I've seen. I can see why S&Y Skadi is recommended though, with my Q plus them it was like they were standing in Warlock's slow.

Edit: I also tried Ability draft and the way it works is each of the 10 heroes picks one skill at a time (mostly, at one point it looked like I could pick two but I wasn't sure). The time to decide is really really small, you really have to make your decision quickly. And if you don't then it randoms one for you. Only allowed one ulti, and you can pick the ulti in whatever round of picking you want so it may be the one to go for first.

manfestival

Oh this is totally exciting. I havent played league in a while and I do miss playing dominion but valve has done a stand up job in creating new material AND activities for its playerbase. Bravo. Its like the mmo experience of getting events but shrunk down into moba mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom