• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Perfect World guys jumped the gun a bit and have announced the new Replay Takeover mode to their user base.

Basically when watching a replay you will have an option of instantly creating a lobby from that point in the replay. You can then get 10 people in the lobby and play from where you timestamped the replay. Everyone locks into a hero from that team and you play out the rest of the match as you see fit.

This will only work on games after the New Bloom patch.
That's pretty damn cool. Now I'll make sure Dendi's TA gets a chance to defend the rax :-(

Pratfall

My MMR has dropped to complete garbage lately (from 58% to 48%) and every single game I'm getting now are scrubs who don't have a clue how to play. Should I just make a new account? DotA2 over the last month has been completely ruined for me.

New patch looks great though.

You should play some unranked RD or SD to try and have fun with the game again. People tend to be much more relaxed. I know people wanted Ranked Match Making, but the biggest change I have seen come from it is way more complaining about match making, from the pros all the way down. I cannot think of a single person who has posted something positive about it in the last 40 pages in this thread (I'm most likely exaggerating here, but it sure feels like that). It seems to have done more harm than good. I would be really interested to hear from some people who think it is working really well, I'm sure they exist.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how that system will deal with different versions of the game. Maybe valve will finally implement version switching again.

Haunted

I thought you guys liked spoilers.

ibopeQZQdJprZ0.jpg
hrmhmhmm

So across the Internet people seem convinced Phoenix is going to be announced today

I am too, but I imagine the disappointment, if that isn't the case, to be pretty wide spread. I honestly want Phoenix more so to see how they squeeze him into all of the menus that were not formatted for so many Radiant Strength heroes, than to actually play him lol.

traveler

Not Wario
Valve should look into adding workshop support for the actual map. I realize it'd be a lot more involved than a hud, hero model, announcer pack or courier, but I think it's another revenue stream waiting to be explored and the moment they put the Winter map on the store, there would be support for it.

So across the Internet people seem convinced Phoenix is going to be announced today

I am too, but I imagine the disappointment, if that isn't the case, to be pretty wide spread. I honestly want Phoenix more so to see how they squeeze him into all of the menus that were not formatted for so many Radiant Strength heroes, than to actually play him lol.

They've got so much in this patch already that I'm cool with it regardless of what we get today. I will say that, of the heroes to be released, Terrorblade is probably the least interesting to play, so it is good that he came alongside a bunch of other goodies. Phoenix would have been preferred, but we can get Phoenix some other time without another major patch and event and I'll be happy. Although, we do need another Broken Hero of the Month to play, if ES is well and truly nerfed. Phoenix would fulfill that role much better than TB, if she's anywhere near as powerful as she was the last time I played her.

Why is everyone convinced?

Because "reborn" was in one of the paragraph headlines?

Pheonix had more "late development" work done on him than Terrorblade and had been in the files longer. He also fits the theme of the update really well, and the theme of being reborn used in a few places on Day 1.

traveler

Not Wario
Wonder if it's worth going blink on ES now. Between the dagger buff and the moderate reliability loss on ES' standard kickback combo, it seems like it could basically function the same way for him as it does for Bat, only you already have your force staff in roll.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Patch notes updated with the changes to Phoenix.
Phoenix
Fire Spirits Attack Speed slow reduced from 150 to 80/100/120/140
Fire Spirits can now be cast during Icarus Dive
Fire Spirits DPS reduced from 20/40/60/80 to 15/35/55/75
Icarus Dive is now interrupted if you are stunned during it

bounchfx

day 3 = cosmetic boogaloo?

I'm hoping Phoenix, new map, maybe map tools, free cupcakes, back massages, and a subscription to animals gone wild: your guide to the outback in 2014

EDIT: holy fuck, it just went up

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I'm hoping Phoenix, new map, maybe map tools, free cupcakes, back massages, and a subscription to animals gone wild: your guide to the outback in 2014
Lolwat

EDIT: holy fuck, it just went up

Congratulations on a new set bounchfx! I love your Lich set and the ES set looks so good!

manfestival

congrats to bounch for having another item accepted. I thought that ES set was sick and glad to actually get the opportunity to get it. SOOOOO many good items coming this way from this event.

MLCodest

HYPE! Surprised by no Wraith-Night reskin but still anything after day two was gravy anyways. Super happy with the two new heroes, new games mode, and almost all of the balance changes. Can't wait for it to hit the main client.

Zeknurn

I was about to say that day 3 was disappointing but then I read this:

Items that have been purchased while dead can now be sold, if that item was bought during the same death. Previously, no items could be sold while dead.

Highlighting an allied Ward will now display its effective range.

Holding ALT and clicking on an ability will now issue a context-sensitive ping for that ability. This can be used to indicate whether the pinged ability is ready for use, if you do not have enough mana to use this ability, or to indicate the number of seconds remaining on that ability’s cooldown.

All excellent changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom