• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Someone on reddit posted this:

Folder structure has been renamed to Nevermore from Shadow_Fiend.

Model files has been renamed to nevermore.mdl from shadow_fiend.mdl

ShadowFiend has been renamed to Nevermore

nevermore.mdl is still the old Shadow Fiend Model

New Voice Sounds such as "Nevermore is here", "Never say Nevermore" and "It's now or Nevermore." when spawning(I'm sure Cyborg will release them all soon)

shira

Phoenix is one of those heroes that will never need an in-game item. He's perfect as is.

I'm surprised they didn't commision anuxi for a custom chinese arcana. Feathers and balls for days.
abstract-phoenix-1280x800.jpg

Chinese-Phoenix-3.jpg

BraXzy

Oh wow we are being spoilt. This update looks incredible.

The replay takeover thing sounds insane! So now you can get a bunch of friends together and try and reenact 'the play' from TI2 or something. Epic.

Razzer

So, whilst I am not really getting phoenix that much gameplay wise, his visual and audio effects are sublime. I tried his E for the first time and suddenly I was firing a massive laser, it's beautiful. And Supernova has already been posted so no need fro me to explain. The other two look nice as well.

Mohasus

Can't wait to play a Bristleback with fiery soul/centaur's passive/berserk's blood (just one of these). A mage riki (WITH CONCOCTION) also seems fun.

Hellish

Someone with in-house powers should make one in test so we could play ability draft as the bots seem to just afk in fountain.

Low Tier
Someone with in-house powers should make one in test so we could play ability draft as the bots seem to just afk in fountain.

wont you just rage quit and leave soon as draft is over?

On the real though conceptor was hosting this mode already a few monthes ago. It was the omg lobbies if anyone remembers. Also yall dont know shit til you do the overpower take aim psi blades impetus build

Kard8p3

So GAF, this might be a dumb question so apologies in advance, but with blink not costing any mana, think it would be worth it for TB?

what the fuck is at thing, ballad?

So GAF, this might be a dumb question so apologies in advance, but with blink not costing any mana, think it would be worth it for TB?

I don't see why, no. His movespeed is STUPID fast (like CK fast), and his Q is a slow. I think he has enough ground-closing tools to not need it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm here to tell all of you guys that based on first hand knowledge, Magnus' RP into Aghs Lion's finger is a clusterfuck of badness that needs to be removed from Dota.

spk

Someone on reddit posted this:

Folder structure has been renamed to Nevermore from Shadow_Fiend.

Model files has been renamed to nevermore.mdl from shadow_fiend.mdl

ShadowFiend has been renamed to Nevermore

nevermore.mdl is still the old Shadow Fiend Model

New Voice Sounds such as "Nevermore is here", "Never say Nevermore" and "It's now or Nevermore." when spawning(I'm sure Cyborg will release them all soon)

Someone also posted this
Just enabled him so I could play him. Can confirm remodel incoming.
http://i.imgur.com/xRufoFy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/urhYdjw.jpg

Holy shit TB is insane, loved his demon form. The normal form feels a bit stiff with its attack animations, Illidan was a bit more fluid and fast. I really want to see the arcana now.

Also going to be so much trolling with his ult, stole sniper bots health on my team :p.

Strider

gah damn Terrorblade is fun. Purposefully taking damage from a tower then swapping health with an enemy is too funny lol

About to try Phoenix. Then Ability draft.

Razzer

So does anyone know how you are meant to build Phoenix. I just played a hilarious bot game where I went mid and got a radiance and a heart, going 4-4-0 for my skills. The W does a ton of damage if you can get all 4 onto one target. With that, Q, ult, then spam spirits again upon emerging from the ult I was almost teamwiping them on my own. Ofc this was with a good level advantage cus it was bots and I had an easy time in lane where a human would punish me, but the damage was good. Does that sound legitish to people? (I doubt it is.)

JustinBB7

Played both heroes, tried doing RAD but server disconnected (was lobby game with bots because I'm not level 13 in test).

Terror is fun, but nothing really special about him I feel. Illusion based hero with a neat little ult. Phoenix however is fun as fuck. Shame the other team usually kills you before you can get your ult off.

Still have no idea how you can kill the "beast". Maybe it's just not in test yet. The new map also doesn't seem to work unless you load it somewhere or something? I only ticked themed map and just got the normal one when I got a match.

So does anyone know how you are meant to build Phoenix. I just played a hilarious bot game where I went mid and got a radiance and a heart, going 4-4-0 for my skills. The W does a ton of damage if you can get all 4 onto one target. With that, Q, ult, then spam spirits again upon emerging from the ult I was almost teamwiping them on my own. Ofc this was with a good level advantage cus it was bots and I had an easy time in lane where a human would punish me, but the damage was good. Does that sound legitish to people? (I doubt it is.)

Phoenix is a support, you build as you would look to build any STR support. Hearts, Shivas, meks, blink are all legit. Rad is a facerolling item. Should not be a common purchase.

inkls

Update 2

- All game modes are now unlocked in Test.
- Fixed minimap when playing with the themed map.
- Fixed Sunray Drift movement speed.
- Fixed Shadow Fiend not being enabled.
- Fixed Sunray Drift movement speed.
- Fixed being able to control TB illusions when using the control override.
- Fixed familiar magic resistance.

its not happening guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom