• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

So in Ability Draft it seems you want heroes with the best innate qualities, though you're randomed so you cant abuse it. It would be pretty bad if you got something like Visage and have only 10% magic resistance, negative armor and low speed, without ablities to make up for it (unless you pick your own abilities, but where's the fun in that?).

That's one of my problems with it so far. Getting stuck with someone like Pudge sucks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you plan to team fight early with phoenix I think sunray is still better.
I don't think you've had enough early team fights if you really believe this is the case.

You're also not factoring in base magic resists for your fire spirit damage.
Yes I am. That's post magic resistance damage. Pre-magic resistance damage is 560.

They're going to have to either move Terrorblade or the pick button
05028347ACE35D7D2F9A54FFA1073D30E71599AB

He's half behind the pick a hero button

G.ZZZ

They should slot him under Slark.

Edit: Terrorblade seems to have great carry potential. Gonna play him a lot when the main client patch hits.

Terrorblade is one of the hardest carry of the game, and the hardest carry-pusher overall. 3.2 agi gain, low bat (1.5, 1.6 in meta), +80 damage in meta (that transfer to illusion because it's base) and 550 range, 2 illusion at 60% damage, plus the ability to swap your health, while unreliable, can make for some cute tricks like keeping one illusion behind to swap ur health to max. He also has 7 armor and 2 hp regen at level 1, making harassing him not the best proposition ever, and a 6 second 50% slow give you some killing presence in lane, even if you have to play really safe against nuking lane with 400 or so hp at level1.

Lategame he just bring down towers so absurdly fast it ain't even funny.

inkls

Terrorblade is one of the hardest carry of the game, and the hardest carry-pusher overall. 3.2 agi gain, low bat (1.5, 1.6 in meta), +80 damage in meta (that transfer to illusion because it's base) and 550 range, 2 illusion at 60% damage, plus the ability to swap your health, while unreliable, can make for some cute tricks like keeping one illusion behind to swap ur health to max. He also has 7 armor and 2 hp regen at level 1, making harassing him not the best proposition ever, and a 6 second 50% slow give you some killing presence in lane, even if you have to play really safe against nuking lane with 400 or so hp at level1.

Lategame he just bring down towers so absurdly fast it ain't even funny.

its actually a 60% slow for 5 seconds

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
...not playing with groups of other people?

Other reasons notwithstanding, I like to know i'm on even ground with others from a communication standpoint. It's hard to talk with someone who's just chatting with someone else in their own world the whole time.

Matchmaking also only checks the amount of people queued up, not how that number is distributed. So for example, i've had many games where there will be two two-stacks vs one four-stack, which isn't really the same thing from a communication and teamwork point of view.

It would split the matchmaking pool far too much. Between these seasonal game modes (maybe even custom game modes soon), unranked, ranked, and the somewhat dead TMM, the matchmaking pool is already pretty divided (this is discounting language preferences and server locations of course).

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
No events on test realm, which is curious, since they had Wraith Night on there.

I'm guessing that the Year Beast thing isn't actually something you can do all the time. The lore for it suggested something about it coming around at various times, and also you're supposed to be saving up Ingots through regular games to fight the boss. So I imagine the boss will be available at certain times.

It would split the matchmaking pool far too much. Between these seasonal game modes (maybe even custom game modes soon), unranked, ranked, and the somewhat dead TMM, the matchmaking pool is already pretty divided (this is discounting language preferences and server locations of course).

I really don't think it would. I see more people being vocal about this in game now. A lot of solo players want it. I think this would be a great opportunity for solo MMR. Possibly have a wider skill range of players in a match for a greater rate of a point increase/decrease. Like if you are the lowest rated player but had a really good overall match and based on several combined stats (tbd) did a top 3 performance you gain extra rating points. Pretty much just set it up where if you are not in a party it's solo queue and all parties regardless of size go into group mm.

It realy sucks finally getting grouped with a 4 stack to find out two of the players are new grouped with two others that are decent. It's just not going to work for the solo person within this group. You are at the wrath of mm.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I really don't think it would. I see more people being vocal about this in game now. A lot of solo players want it. I think this would be a great opportunity for solo MMR. Possibly have a wider skill range of players in a match for a greater rate of a point increase/decrease. Like if you are the lowest rated player but had a really good overall match and based on several combined stats (tbd) did a top 3 performance you gain extra rating points. Pretty much just set it up where if you are not in a party it's solo queue and all parties regardless of size go into group mm.

It realy sucks finally getting grouped with a 4 stack to find out two of the players are new grouped with two others that are decent. It's just not going to work for the solo person within this group. You are at the wrath of mm.

What happens when you have a 4 stack party then?
Where would the 5th player come from?

I think it is fine the way it is.

What happens when you have a 4 stack party then?
Where would the 5th player come from?

I think it is fine the way it is.

True with that happening. It still makes no sense to have a solo ranking when your going against parties who are getting a party MMR. The two should not be mixing in a match.

Skab

Hm. You can use items freely during Icarus Dive. Force Staff wont push you, but you can blink out of the dive animation. Wonder if that's a bug or intended.

Also you can use Ghost Scepter or SB after casting and it works.

Nirvana

Really impressive update from Valve so far, much more than I expected. 2 heroes, 2 new games modes, 1 part-time game mode, a new map style, 6.80 patch and a buttload of high quality cosmetics.

Great work.

Using global silence at lower levels where people aren't familiar with the hero is pretty hilarious fun. Just initiating a teamfight with it when the other team is moving in to initiate with a stun is so entertaining, just by the reactions from the other team.

"Okay time to stun...wait...uh...okay now...no... ... ... oh .... OH SHIT" while they're running back and forth before my team gets their stuns off.

Alright, Terrorblade sucks. Fuck him. He needs a stun babysitter (or two) like a lot of hard carries, but he needs them for much longer...and since he has no escape, a weak as shit disengage, and no tanking ability to speak of, he feels like a perpetual sitting duck until he has like 3 major items up. He's also completely dependent on support disablers to get to and stick to targets. Nobody is going to just let him walk up on them and Q them. Also the cast delays on his W, E and R are just infuriating at times.

I get that when he's 3+ slotted, he starts to become a problem...but getting to those 3+ items is probably more difficult and requires a really good team comp than any other hard carry in the game.

Maybe I'll try Shadowblade + Dagon troll TB. Idunno. Maybe I'm just frustrated and over-estimate the ability of your average players to make his life miserable. I know one thing: he's going to be a feeder tomorrow in pubs, where you may or may not get a support or a disabler picked or wards purchased.

Are we confirmed for Sunder ---> Dagon shenanigans against noobs?

Dunno, but probably not. Not unless the enemy team comp is just that bad (read: no or poor cc).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isn't TB supposed to jungle? Now that I say that, I'm guessing his ability to jungle was destroyed at one point, since I can't see how it would work.

Also, now that I am home, time to get some Drkirby pre-matt patch annalist going on, oh yeah.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Isn't TB supposed to jungle? Now that I say that, I'm guessing his ability to jungle was destroyed at one point, since I can't see how it would work.

Also, now that I am home, time to get some Drkirby pre-matt patch annalist going on, oh yeah.

He used to have Pugna's Drain Life as a normal skill, which allowed him to jungle indefinitely with a few clarities. It was replaced by Reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom