• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

fun fact I learned tonight: you can press Q again while diving to STOP THE DIVE. So if you don't want to go all the way back, you don't have to. Just press Q again. It's a helluva escape/re-positioning tool. Based on the tooltip, I assumed you could only stop the return flight of the dive if you ulted. Was pleasantly surprised to find this was not so.

Super useful information. That should make things a bit easier.

docbon

So basically it works the same as Timberchain on Timbersaw.
Great escape/mobility skill but can be stunned before/during the animation.

Yes. From what I've seen so far, you need to be on point with the timing though, otherwise Phoenix will just outpace a projectile stun long enough to get some distance.

Daedalux

Neo Member
I missed Icarus so much :D

They did an awesome job on the model and spells.

It's gonna be a feed fest tho when the patch gets released.. TB + Icarus? Trenchmode activated..

Razzer

Yes. From what I've seen so far, you need to be on point with the timing though, otherwise Phoenix will just outpace a projectile stun long enough to get some distance.

I didn't know what Dreams just pointed out when I tried him so I had a fun moment where a Sven stun followed me around in a loop, arcing gracefully through the sky.

ElyrionX

AM's new ult

Rqa9Z8e.jpg

sephi22

Drow's new silence might be the best non-item, non-ultimate silence in the game.
Flank the enemy and silence them into your team. Teamfight won. Great with Vacuum.

I might be exaggerating a bit. Need more experienced opinions. I feel like this should bump her up a couple of spaces in the tier list.

Frost Blast. It remains the exact same as before except that the radius is noticeably bigger now and it has an AOE targeting cursor.
So is it better than before or worse?
How do you target the hero with the most missing mana? Does it target them automatically?

So is it better than before or worse?
How do you target the hero with the most missing mana? Does it target them automatically?

Its better since the area got buffed. Showing the aoe circle made it more surprisingly big but its only +100 buff.

It works like Lich's Frost Blast.

Vaporak

It works exactly like it did before by clicking on a hero. The ability already had an AOE before, they just added an indicator to make it more clear what happens.

ElyrionX

It works exactly like it did before by clicking on a hero. The ability already had an AOE before, they just added an indicator to make it more clear what happens.

Yeah but they buffed the radius of the AOE now. Could be a really potent nuke mid to late game if timed well.

ElyrionX

Anyone here have experience with Quas Wex Invoker? Thinking of giving it a shot but I'm not sure how to go about the skill build.

Acinixys

Nothing like a one hour base race where both Ancients are sitting at 100hp and both team only have one set of rax left

@Archie

Likes Mirrors Edge got me

SamVimes

Anyone here have experience with Quas Wex Invoker? Thinking of giving it a shot but I'm not sure how to go about the skill build.

You start with quas-invoke-quas-wex-quas, then you can either get another point in quas and start maxing wex. You can either get exort after maxing wex or whenever you feel you need defeaning blast.

Acinixys

This is the best thing ever.

Just read Terrorblades lore

Hes so evil that the other demons in hell sent him to hell 2.0, were he looked into a mirror, saw that he was a badass, and then became more badass, and then showed how badass he is by breaking the mirror and escaping both hell and hell 2.0

wtf Valve

Get your shit together

Raytow

Just read Terrorblades lore

Hes so evil that the other demons in hell sent him to hell 2.0, were he looked into a mirror, saw that he was a badass, and then became more badass, and then showed how badass he is by breaking the mirror and escaping both hell and hell 2.0

wtf Valve

Get your shit together
Blizzard secretly writing for Valve confirmed.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I thought all the lores are intentionally bad in order to give more personality and character to the heroes.

Alchemist wants to turn mountains into gold...Magnus's kind live and died on a volcano. N'aix has a split personality disorder.

inkls

So far my skill order with terrorblade has been Reflection>Metamorphosis>Conjure image

Max Metamorphosis first, then Conjure image.

Also skipped his ult at lvl 6 due to the mana cost and cd.

First point in reflection is just for the slow, for the damage it does to be relevant at all your enemies need to be pretty strong, which is not something you want to capitalize on. Also the range puts you at risk early on, which is dangerous for a guy with a lack of escapes.

80 dmg is too good to pass up and it counts towards the damage on your illusions, think of metamorphosis as if it was Death prophet's ult. It melts towers with conjure images and makes you a beast in teamfights.

Dunno about items though. Power treads seems good on him, wraith band too.

edit:

Oh man, I want that Death prophet set so bad, wonder how much it costs

ElyrionX

You start with quas-invoke-quas-wex-quas, then you can either get another point in quas and start maxing wex. You can either get exort after maxing wex or whenever you feel you need defeaning blast.

Given that the build starts with so many points in quas, would an early point in exort to unlock Ice Wall be ideal? I've looked around and it seems some people prefer to get just two points in quas before maxing wex since they view EMP (especially after 6.80 buffs) to be the key skill of the QW Invoker.

Soule

Some of those cosmetics they picked yikes. . . .

free2play ward woooo
http://static.ongamers.com/uploads/scale_super/0/22/5026-dota2_wards_f2p.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
They ever gonna release that shit? They showed it at TI3 so that kinda makes me think it's been finished and it's been fucking ages, just sitting on it... would love to know why.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Funny thing happened, Tiny tossed Sniper at me while I was in Icarus Dive, it brought Sniper out all the way to my cast point for ID and got him killed by 5. that could fuck over people playing Tiny's and Huskars maybe. You can also dodge Sniper's ult with Supernova. Wonder what else you can avoid with it.

All in all, two really interesting heroes.

This sounds amazing. I can't wait for it to show up on Fails of the Week

Oh god, why do I feel like I won't be able to buy the Earth Spirit set outright and have to go through some crafting shenanigans.

That would be stupid, I'd really hate that a lot.

Forkball

Wow I just read about the New Bloom update. What an awesome theme and the new additions sound amazing. I want to just jump into that Orange game and not deny the aegis and see how the rest of the game would've played out.

I JUST WANT TO STOP PLAYING DOTA WHY VALVE WHY

Forkball

Oh god that Ember set looks amazing.

Oh god so does that Lina set.

Legion's dragon banners... OH GOD.

I love the aesthetic for this update, everything looks amazing. This is way better than "Christmas trees on everything!" that you see in a lot of theme updates. I wish it wasn't the year of the horse and instead a much cooler animal. Lemme see what's next year...goat. Dammit.

BigAT

Its better since the area got buffed. Showing the aoe circle made it more surprisingly big but its only +100 buff.

It works like Lich's Frost Blast.

150 actually. It's a 50% increase, that's a significant buff.

Quas Wex is all I play, so this patch is pretty great. Buffing my Invoker while nerfing the ones I usually play against. Skill build is easy, start with Q, then Invoke, then max Wex getting Invoke when you can, Quas when you can't level Wex or Invoke. Get Exort around 13 or 14.

Nirvana

How are people playing ability draft? Can you just play with bots in the test client, because it's not working for me, or do you need an inhouse crew?

EDIT: Ok servers are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom