• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

They finally fixed auto attacking after using a spell when auto attack is off, praise Zeus
Do you hear that? It's the sound of Tinker's win rate going up.

... or at the very least there won't be so many dumb deaths where you BoTs in, shift queue blink into the trees and march, then end up automatically right clicking someone, giving them vision on you and you die because of it.

shira

Still lost.
I don't remember all the details, it was like some teen drama shit.

One day in 6.79, Milk posted chatlogs of some random guy he carried to victory using RTZ naga build. This rando guy and his friend flame milk the whole game, but they win.

Next day milk has a scrim with this random guy and his clan casted by travdood and milk posts in allchat excerpts from the chatlog last night. teamgaf wins easily.

Then I think they played 1v1 for pink slips and boom milk lost his computer.
iPa9rUvIgXeGE.gif

One day in 6.79, Milk posted chatlogs of some random guy he carried to victory using RTZ naga build. This rando guy and his friend flame milk the whole game, but they win.

Next day milk has a scrim with this random guy and his clan casted by travdood and milk posts in allchat excerpts from the chatlog last night. teamgaf wins easily.

iPa9rUvIgXeGE.gif

This is accurate right down to the gif.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/494017080

Just had my best game as a carry ever, as Faceless. Even had my first RAMPAGE!! CK disconnected but the opposing team was too trench to actually use it to their advantage. Please disregard Batrider's item build.

The low cooldown on sphere helped out big time. Also the enemy team grouping up every time didn't hurt.

Side note: That was on the EU west server and I'm pretty sure I was the only English speaker out of all 10.

Question: BKB on Faceless? Felt not worth it but I was too fed for it to matter.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/494017080

Just had my best game as a carry ever, as Faceless. Even had my first RAMPAGE!! CK disconnected but the opposing team was too trench to actually use it to their advantage. Please disregard Batrider's item build.

The low cooldown on sphere helped out big time. Also the enemy team grouping up every time didn't hurt.

Side note: That was on the EU west server and I'm pretty sure I was the only English speaker out of all 10.

Question: BKB on Faceless? Felt not worth it but I was too fed for it to matter.
Against a Pugna, normally yes because he can Decrepify you under Chrono and make you useless. However I'm guessing that Pugna was bad.

I pretty much never complain about my teammates (I'm a friendly Dota player, for the most part!), but MAN. Guy picks Phoenix in a ranked game. Feeds mid, then feeds bot. Tells us he's never played Phoenix before. Complains that Phoenix "is a shit hero".

Why? Why play a hero you've never played before in a ranked match? And then when you feed blame it on the quality of the hero?

EDIT: I accidentally a word.

Hey uh, does someone have a problem with their huds? None of the ones i have show when i play. I dont mean the new ones, but in general.

Edit. Nvm someone was messing with my stuff >.>

Smilax

I pretty much never complain about my teammates (I'm a friendly Dota player, for the most part!), but MAN. Guy picks Phoenix in an unmatched game. Feeds mid, then feeds bot. Tells us he's never played Phoenix before. Complains that Phoenix "is a shit hero".

Why? Why play a hero you've never played before in a ranked match? And then when you feed blame it on the quality of the hero?

I'm guessing because he thought he could be like a carry and get all the kills. Also gotta keep the self-esteem up man. Joking aside, I haven't seen that happen. I've seen some new Terrorblade players but they play it safe and do pretty well.

Artanisix

I pretty much never complain about my teammates (I'm a friendly Dota player, for the most part!), but MAN. Guy picks Phoenix in an unmatched game. Feeds mid, then feeds bot. Tells us he's never played Phoenix before. Complains that Phoenix "is a shit hero".

I'm confused. Was it a ranked game or a nonranked game? What do you mean by unmatched?

KingKong

Im watching the Speed vs Sad boys game 1 and did Bone 7 seriously get a midas on Nyx, no wonder they lost

e: and a dagon 5? lol

Goddard

iPa9rUvIgXeGE.gif

AND THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER...

1x10_Pier_Pressure_(42).png

..wait no, I still have absolutely no idea why the OP is just a copy paste of an animal crossing OT. One hell of an inside joke. Lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm confused. Was it a ranked game or a nonranked game? What do you mean by unmatched?

Whoops, typo. Was writing that in a hurry before leaving the house.

It was a ranked game. Not sure why I wrote unmatched. Heh.

I'm guessing because he thought he could be like a carry and get all the kills. Also gotta keep the self-esteem up man. Joking aside, I haven't seen that happen. I've seen some new Terrorblade players but they play it safe and do pretty well.

Yeah, probably. I honestly wouldn't have been that upset if he hadn't started claiming it was because the hero was bad.

Acinixys

AND THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER...

..wait no, I still have absolutely no idea why the OP is just a copy paste of an animal crossing OT. One hell of an inside joke. Lol.

Milk lost a 1v1 mid match to a scrub because the rules weren't clear, so he quit DotA to play Animal Crossing becase AC is easier

Thats all

Milkman was pretty much dominating that 1 v 1, it's pretty obvious.

Just won my first game playing as TB, was a lot of fun. A common error I see with other tb's I play with/against is that they play him as a late game hero, when his power growth, imo, is highest at midgame, level 7-11.

My build is nothing special, I think its mostly common sense. First point in snare, second/third in meta, fourth in illusion, max those both and pick up ult at 10 & 11. I dislike sunder early because it's cost is prohibitive, and it won't help you push lanes.

PMS for inlane, first big item I picked up was yasha. The MS is really good on TB who lacks an escape option, and a short ranged snare, the stats also carry over to his illusion. Treads for more health and AS. BKB is core on him imo, magic damage is his weakness (he has an insane amount of base armor). After that I helm of the dominator or manta is a good pickup on him, and finally for a luxury either skadi or daedalus.

Playstyle is usually being super agressive. You can get kills pretty easy against non strength heroes at level 2. Should be trying to force fights whenever meta is up, or split pushing with it. Try to pump out your illusions with meta up. I like to pop meta and illusion before revealing myself in the fog, casting illusion in combat can cost you a kill due to it's cast animation. People will usually run as soon as they see you in meta.

Low Tier
OK HERES HOW U OWN WITH TB I OWNED DEMOLI'S TEAM WITH THIS

meta, reflect, meta, illusion, meta, ulti, meta, then points into conjure. I always keep his 1st spell at lvl 1, cuz that hero loves stats and it loves pushing. pms, regular boots, bracer, treads, drums, yasha, skadi, bfly/manta, then go luxury depending on how the game's going. Legit just start owning people at lvl 3 or 4 whenever ur ulti's up.

ksan

holy shit everyone sucks fucking ass hole at this game

meta, reflect, meta, illusion, meta, ulti, meta, then points into conjure. I always keep his 1st spell at lvl 1, cuz that hero loves stats and it loves pushing. pms, regular boots, bracer, treads, drums, yasha, skadi, bfly/manta, then go luxury depending on how the game's going. Legit just start owning people at lvl 3 or 4 whenever ur ulti's up.

you should stop telling baddies to skill before they know if they need meta at lvl 1, its not so fucking hard to click ctrl+skill button to lvl up the skill

actually, you should probably delete the game if you skill in any other way than ctrl+skill hotkey

Yeah I considered just pumping stats after 11. Illusion damage doesn't seem significant unless they have diffusal or it's am.

Razzer

Care to share some of the finer points of your item build? (I've been using the same skill build so no questions there). I assume the bracer before treads is for early tankiness which is important with how low his hp is, the only other difference is I go S&Y before Skadi then Daed. Thinking out loud, is it because butterfly gives stats your illusions benefit from rather than raw damage like Daed and Manta is to have maximum illusion power? The benefits of Sange aren't necessary? I saw IceIceIce go manta too so I should try it.

Vilifier

Neo Member
This game makes me rage so much sometimes, in ranked I keep getting winning streaks followed by losing streaks. Had 5 game losing streak, followed by 6 game winning streak and lost the last game. The last game had a morphling player who was calling everyone baddies, and when I check his profile he had lost all his recent games playing hard carries (a few games with morphling and terrorblade).

I have also used up all of my report players, and have not got any notifications for players getting put into lower queue like it used to.

Satch

Banned
for anybody looking for a signature Terrorblade counter like they were for Legion Commander when she first came out, the hero is Skywrath Mage

ur welcome

Dahbomb

Care to share some of the finer points of your item build? (I've been using the same skill build so no questions there). I assume the bracer before treads is for early tankiness which is important with how low his hp is, the only other difference is I go S&Y before Skadi then Daed. Thinking out loud, is it because butterfly gives stats your illusions benefit from rather than raw damage like Daed and Manta is to have maximum illusion power? The benefits of Sange aren't necessary? I saw IceIceIce go manta too so I should try it.
Bracer is to turn into Drums.

Butterfly is better than Deadalus because agility grants direct bonus to the illusions over just raw damage (ie. +24 damage is worse than +24 agility).

Manta is pretty good on TB because you can use Manta while in Meta then use Conjour to have like 5 Meta TBs.

SnY is still a good item on TB especially for newbies because it gives you quick stats fast. Something like PMS, Treads, Bracers -> Drums, Yasha -> SNY is a solid beginner build because its stats intensive. After that you can get BKB and Butterfly with a Skadi if you have the farm. You should also look into early Aquila as well.

I remember back in the early Dota 1 days building 3 wraith bands on TB was common. People didn't have Aquila/Drums back then for those early game quick stats. Of course back then everyone used to suck.

Illusions can benefit from the crit on daedalus, its not just a visual effect like vlads is. Butterfly is just more well rounded in offensive/defensive stats. I usually don't build it just because the build up is expensive.

Razzer

Bracer is to turn into Drums.

Butterfly is better than Deadalus because agility grants direct bonus to the illusions over just raw damage (ie. +24 damage is worse than +24 agility).

Manta is pretty good on TB because you can use Manta while in Meta then use Conjour to have like 5 Meta TBs.

SnY is still a good item on TB especially for newbies because it gives you quick stats fast. Something like PMS, Treads, Bracers -> Drums, Yasha -> SNY is a solid beginner build because its stats intensive. After that you can get BKB and Butterfly with a Skadi if you have the farm. You should also look into early Aquila as well.

I remember back in the early Dota 1 days building 3 wraith bands on TB was common. People didn't have Aquila/Drums back then for those early game quick stats. Of course back then everyone used to suck.

Yah I knew the bracer was for Drums, like I say I was going PMS Treads drums S&Y Skadi Daed before. Just tried this build though and it also seemed good. At my level it's hard to tell how much difference the items make there though as it's mostly decided by who is throwing more.

I finally had a good Ability Draft game!

Got Warlock and picked:
- Wraithfire Blast
- Lucent Beam
- Fatal Bonds
- Permanent Invisibility

Two stuns, and I can cast them and stay invisible? Fuck yes. They wised up and bought Sentries, which slowed down my snowball for a bit. Then Gyro bought a Gem which made things even worse for me... until we killed him and I grabbed the Gem, and then the snowball was rolling once again and didn't stop.

NBtoaster

Thinking about it, as terrorblade it is better to use manta style while in melee form. Manta Style has a longer cooldown (35->50) and has illusions that do less damage (33%->28%) and take more damage (350%->400%) for ranged heroes. While +80 damage from meta is enough to negate the damage reduction, you have less attack speed and cant use manta as much. And if you get diffusal blade the mana burn only works on melee illusions.

Low Tier
Thinking about it, as terrorblade it is better to use manta style while in melee form. Manta Style has a longer cooldown (35->50) and has illusions that do less damage (33%->28%) and take more damage (350%->400%) for ranged heroes. While +80 damage from meta is enough to negate the damage reduction, you have less attack speed and cant use manta as much. And if you get diffusal blade the mana burn only works on melee illusions.

um

domstah

for anybody looking for a signature Terrorblade counter like they were for Legion Commander when she first came out, the hero is Skywrath Mage

ur welcome

Brewmaster also stops TB dead in his flaming tracks. That ground pound just dispatches the illusions, splash with beer for the misses and then Ulti them to stop their streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom