• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I go 8-2 on my solo calibration games and my solo MMR is under 3K.. So demoralizing...

You were probably "hidden MMR" 3K before. The calibration period was merely confirming your 3Knessness. You can't just go 10-0 and expect 6K dendi matches.

I went 2-8 in my solo calibration and was around 3.4K. So at least it's not fully win/loss based.

You were probably "hidden MMR" 3K before. The calibration period was merely confirming your 3Knessness. You can't just go 10-0 and expect 6K dendi matches.

haha...I was hoping to be at ~3.2K. I know I'm not a 4K MMR player but it's weird seeing my friends who I play with 24/7 get 3.2K with a worse W/L record and I get 3K. I can only think that the difference between my MMR and theirs is simply due to a 3 month hiatus that I took.

Kard8p3

haha...I was hoping to be at ~3.2K. I know I'm not a 4K MMR player but it's weird seeing my friends who I play with 24/7 get 3.2K with a worse W/L record and I get 3K. I can only think that the difference between my MMR and theirs is simply due to a 3 month hiatus that I took.

What role do you usually play?

My solo mmr is at around 2.8k b/c I usually support. Often times I got shit carries/people who just plain made bad decisions. Only reason my mmr has gone up was due to me taking a higher impact role.

What role do you usually play?

My solo mmr is at around 2.8k b/c I usually support. Often times I got shit carries/people who just plain made bad decisions. Only reason my mmr has gone up was due to me taking a higher impact role.

a little bit of everything...mostly support and solo offlane when we're in try hard mode though.

I just want to reiterate that I know I'm not good...just I didn't think I was this bad given how long I've been playing (855 games under my belt since I got into the beta in 2012)

ksan

a little bit of everything...mostly support and solo offlane when we're in try hard mode though.

I just want to reiterate that I know I'm not good...just I didn't think I was this bad given how long I've been playing (855 games under my belt since I got into the beta in 2012)

hey man, every mmr is ok, just remember some of us guys, like me, have played 3-5k+ games of dota, and i can promise you that i was worse than you after my 3k games of dota 1
as long as ur having fun its good

Hupsel

Time to complain about Terrorblade again... cant win against this guy and every game has one of them. And, of course, my team has people from Peru, China, Middle Earth and Jupiter... cant communicate even if I try and say where Im going, placing wards, etc

inkls

Time to complain about Terrorblade again... cant win against this guy and every game has one of them. And, of course, my team has people from Peru, China, Middle Earth and Jupiter... cant communicate even if I try and say where Im going, placing wards, etc

hmmm...

for anybody looking for a signature Terrorblade counter like they were for Legion Commander when she first came out, the hero is Skywrath Mage

ur welcome

LuuKyK

I just had a game where every player left on the other team, and one in my team. The only player left on the enemy party was a TB. It was safe to leave, but I kept playing because lol. He literally almost won, wasn't for me to be smart enough to push on one of the lanes. Doesnt help that my team was composed of complete idiots that kept complaining on chat in a language I never even heard of instead of helping. Ugh.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
How the fuck do you even kill this fucking terror guy. Every fucking fight is a giant waste of time, you're literally killing yourself when you try to kill him.

CC and not being dumb enough to try and fight him 1v1.

It really is that simple. CC blows him right the fuck up. All that has to happen is one person on the team saves their stun/silence for TB once he gets to half hp. It's really not a complicated process in most pub matches, though having someone disciplined enough to not blow their disable before the appropriate time can sometimes be challenging. Venge, Sven, Nyx, Lion, Lina, Shaman, Drow, DP, Sky, Puck, Storm, etc. are good options because of their low-cooldown CC. I'd think Zeus and Sniper would also be scary for a TB because of their damage output and ministuns. But again, you have to have some discipline with regard to *when* to use it on him.

Alternately, buy an orchid or sheep.

ability pick is turning out to be a one trick pony gamemode

every time a ranged hero picks up 2 stacking dmg passives they can rampage the entire enemy team (or a melee hero picks up a dmg passive + something like flack cannon or glaives)

If you play this mode you need to deny pick the dmg or aoe (flack cannon or glaives etc) passives on the first round (which then prevents you from going for the builds that seem a lot more interesting)

ability pick is turning out to be a one trick pony gamemode

every time a ranged hero picks up 2 stacking dmg passives they can rampage the entire enemy team (or a melee hero picks up a dmg passive + something like flack cannon or glaives)

If you play this mode you need to deny pick the dmg or aoe (flack cannon or glaives etc) passives on the first round (which then prevents you from going for the builds that seem a lot more interesting)

I think once people figure all this out, it will become a much more strategic affair. Right now it's very derpy.

Nirvana

Not to mention that Sunder has a stupidly low range, so if you can kite him and then CC him when he is low rather than at full, he's pretty awful. He doesn't do much damage outside of his ranged form either, so you want to catch him when that's on cooldown, since he is actually super squishy and it has a huge cooldown.

Like many people have said in past posts, you can shut him down early fairly easily because he has no escape and a shitty health pool and strength gain.

fallagin

The lag in my last game was sooo bad, I just qeued up walking back and forth in the fountain so that I wouldnt feed.. we lost anyways of course.

I love these videos. I was just thinking, "this is what makes dota so amazing", and then I hear in the video: "this is why dota is the best game ever made". Yep.
It was quite the throw.

They went in one at a time and died, eventually snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They had megas and were down 2 one T4 tower, so all they had to do was stay alive and fight as 5 or just delay their pushes. Megas control the game at that point, as the Dire would eventually have to back and defend. So why force fights undermanned? Why keep throwing yourself at the enemy in small groups and die? Why not buy BoT's, tp to a pushed lane and force them to fall back?

It was like a bad movie. Greed is bad.

manfestival

I just played my first game as ember spirit after watching weppas play him and deciding to copy his style. GREAT SUCCESS!

I cant wait to play more but I need to go to bed for my own sake. This is really cool cause now it seems like there is an actual spirit which I actually care to buy his set of. I know bounch already had some of my money but that ember spirit set is looking very tempting

Nymerio

It was quite the throw.

They went in one at a time and died, eventually snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They had megas and were down 2 one T4 tower, so all they had to do was stay alive and fight as 5 or just delay their pushes. Megas control the game at that point, as the Dire would eventually have to back and defend. So why force fights undermanned? Why keep throwing yourself at the enemy in small groups and die? Why not buy BoT's, tp to a pushed lane and force them to fall back?

It was like a bad movie. Greed is bad.

5UATOcY.jpg

bounchfx

I just played my first game as ember spirit after watching weppas play him and deciding to copy his style. GREAT SUCCESS!

I cant wait to play more but I need to go to bed for my own sake. This is really cool cause now it seems like there is an actual spirit which I actually care to buy his set of. I know bounch already had some of my money but that ember spirit set is looking very tempting

Is there a video of his play style? I tried ember a couple times and really liked him, especially the versatility of his ult, I just wish I was better at knowing how to use his skills properly. He's definitely a bad ass when you get going though!

M.D

You know what? Trying to be nice and give advice and play support when no one else does doesn't fucking work.

Just pick a hero that can do a lot throughout the entire game and you will have way higher chance of winning

Ended up with a fun initiator build in ability pick

I got PA and firefly, sven stun, battery assault and the silencer ULT

Build magic wand into null talisman (for the mana for my combo) into phase boots into skepter (for the increased silence duration, extra hp and mostly extra mana even though I don't get the passive from the Q from silencer) into blademail into SnY (more movespeed and more tank) into BKB

I flank from the highground or jungle, find enemy team behind the tower, firefly in behind them through the trees/over terrain , pop my silence the second they see me, phase in with battery assault, if they run i catch them in a stun the LONG range aoe stun from sven, if they turn on me instant blademail (combined with battery assault and firefly it's a BAD idea for them to try especially with the tankyness from the items and PA agility gain armor )
those 5-6-7 (skepter) seconds of silence are enough for my team to mop up several of them in the chaos, enemy carries can't ult or pop their wombo combos because of the silence either

We had some good teamfight on our other heroes too (echo stomp, totem, razor ult , mirana ult and a scary carry qwop ) and they got rolled pretty hard despite having a wombo combo carry razor (eshaker totem + kunka splash ) and Sven ( static link + sven ult + decay)

the build was super strong in lane with a stout shield + fireflying in behind them and running in front of them backto their tower as they run away

also firefly in general seems like the best ability in ability pick, , you can farm jungle insanely fast every minute like on batrider which you normally can't do on other heroes

Skab

I think once I accepted that it's not about the winning but the taking part, solo queue was more enjoyable.

Oh it's not even losing games that gets to me. It's the people. There are just so many damn assholes out there that I it makes me want to only queue with friends/gafs.

G.ZZZ

AD is all about who take that burrowstrike + second nuke combo. With everyone and their mother taking damage passives, going for that + a blademail or a forcestaff guarantee going 24-2 in every game. Greed be bad.

Oh it's not even losing games that gets to me. It's the people. There are just so many damn assholes out there that I it makes me want to only queue with friends/gafs.

I've learnt so much Russian swearing from the ones I befriend that I ended up charming the annoying ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom