• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
How the fuck do you even kill this fucking terror guy. Every fucking fight is a giant waste of time, you're literally killing yourself when you try to kill him.

dude i wouldnt lie to you

skywrath mage has a slow, a damage amplifying silence, and his ult is a low cooldown/high damage nuke

he will think he can walk up to you and attack you and crush you because youre squishwrath mage but you will have him crippled and fleeing from a creeping arcane bolt if the ult doesnt turn him to chili first

god damnit dota gaf im gonna make you fall in love with Dragonus the Skywrath Mage even if it kills me!

dmshaposv

skywrath mage has a slow, a damage amplifying silence, and his ult is a low cooldown/high damage nuke

he will think he can walk up to you and attack you and crush you because youre squishwrath mage but you will have him crippled and fleeing from a creeping arcane bolt if the ult doesnt turn him to chili first

god damnit dota gaf im gonna make you fall in love with Dragonus the Skywrath Mage even if it kills me!

You've thought this through?

What role do you usually play?

My solo mmr is at around 2.8k b/c I usually support. Often times I got shit carries/people who just plain made bad decisions. Only reason my mmr has gone up was due to me taking a higher impact role.

I really don't think playing support is ever an excuse for low MMR, I'm 3.8k MMR and I primarily play support, if you're playing support well then you pretty much have the most high impact role in a game.

Not that I'm good but you can easily win games by playing well on a support, have a 14 game win streak on Crystal Maiden right now and sure I can't win every game single handily but you can win your lane for your carry, help your mid win, turn around team fights with a Mek.

The important thing to remember is that their players are as bad as yours, if you're a good support then you're the one making the difference

Man it did not take long for people to start taking Random Ability mode serious. Somebody got mad at me cause I wouldn't Rosh with Ursa. Which I couldn't do cause I had none of Ursa's abilities to do it.

Pratfall

Man it did not take long for people to start taking Random Ability mode serious. Somebody got mad at me cause I wouldn't Rosh with Ursa. Which I couldn't do cause I had none of Ursa's abilities to do it.

Its the best, it really reveals how some people understand dota. A Medusa with fury swipes I just played against (which is totally broke), went linkins first instead of a damage item. She basically was 3 shotting us and then just fell off because she was buying stuff for normal medusa. I was Dark Seer with Burrowstrike, Whirling Death, Shockwave and RP. I was a one man wombo combo.

Ha, didn't even see Taborcarn's one-man wombo combo. So much fun to be such a high impact team fight hero.

SamVimes

I'm not a fan of "get every nuke that's possible" builds, i'd rather get some real sinergy between my spells. Last game i was playing Bane with Eidolons, Spiderlings, Sandstorm (because they took the skill i actually wanted) and rearm. I just went to town with armies of eidolons+spiderlings destroying towers, even though they had a lot of aoe clearing skills the push with BoT-Force Staff-Bloodstone and Necro3 was way too strong.

Having played Earth Spirit last night, he seems a lot more balanced. He's probably pretty close to being perfectly fine.

Things I found
- Your escape isn't really as good as it used to be, meaning there aren't any easy do-overs for bad positioning.
- It's harder to get in position, I bought a Blink Dagger and it worked well. I think that might become core on him. Blink in front of them, drop a rock, kick it to stun instantly, use that same rock to pull for silence and then ult.
- Not being able to target rocks in the fog hurts more than you'd imagine. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not?
- If you use all your rocks in a team fight, 6.80 added a whole extra minute worth of waiting for them to come back. I found it easier during laning to drop some rocks around key spots, just to have the refresh timer starting because it's so long now. I certainly ran out of rocks way more than before, you definitely need to get used to conserving them as a resource.
- Grip doing the bulk of the damage now is actually a buff. It's easier to land for finishing off people in the distance.
- His cosmetic staffs don't have magnetic energy particles :(
- He's now "Skill Shots: The Hero"

TB has low health so naturally any hero that can do significant burst or cc would be good against him. Nightstalker (silence/miss chance + heavy magic nuke), Centaur(early game burst and stomp + ult to help those ganked by him), Omni (ult + heal), Tiny (burst magic damage is effective against his low health), Viper (ult effective in shutting down right click damage), Zeus (high magic damage), Skywrath (silence + slow + high magic damage), SD (create powerful illusions, slow him down), Brewmaster (drunken haze, tclap, ult can cc), Lion (cc, burst damage), Bane (enfeeble can destroy early game damage and also applies to illusions), QoP (high burst) could be good against him.

manfestival

Is there a video of his play style? I tried ember a couple times and really liked him, especially the versatility of his ult, I just wish I was better at knowing how to use his skills properly. He's definitely a bad ass when you get going though!

I looked on his twitch and I see no VOD. maybe on youtube but he plays him from time to time on twitch so that might be best. Hes got really high win ratio in the higher 4700 bracket I believe. He also plays ember as rat.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/494594977 is this last game

Sibylus

Banned
tyrannosaurs-in-f-14s.jpg

Holy shit, why did no one tell me.

ACE 1991

Man, the proliferation of non-English speaking solo queuers is THE biggest current problem with matchmaking in my opinion. It's just so incredibly frustrating. I also don't understand how 9/10 Russian and Brazilian players are frequently the worst players on my team. Is there some relationship between skill/game knowledge and choice to queue on US servers for foreigners?

EDIT: Also I've been having such fun totally wrecking inta Phoenix picks with Blood Seeker. Rupture + Icarus Dive is so good

Sibylus

Banned
Also, I want them to keep the dinosaur barks. Just add more.

A good 'ol SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE as it swoops with Q, for instance.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Ksan is Clan_Iraq from PD? Lmao. What a disaster.

No he's a Swedish gypsy

I agree with you that swm is a decent answer to TB, but you've got to be careful. With most heroes you silence right away for the extra magic damage, but unless you know you can kill him outright you will have to hold it a little longer. Beware the sunder.

And I love skywrath, just don't get to play him often because he is hard to fit in lineups.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's really easy to tell who the assholes are right away. If I find someone to be whiny, dickish, an asshole while trying to order everyone around, or a rager of course I just comm report them even if they haven't sworn or done something offensive in particular. Those kind of people are a negative impact game after game, and I get that thanks for reporting message all the time.

EDIT: New page is the perfect time to ask: Phoenix is here but where is IHL MILKMAN?

i agree i hate assholes

dude sniper owns tb i even carried drunksan jugg with it
I's think Sniper would the the bane of a TB's existence. That mini stun and range.

Maybe Drow even more so because she takes away his saving grace: his closing speed. Kite him like Ursa with frosty arrows and he never gets close enough to Sunder. No?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If you can get it early, why not get a midas?

Because you just tossed you early game advantage out in favor of a mid to late game advantage. If your can draft a team that can effectively fight 4v5 or prevent kills on a carry, its a good pick, but if the enemy team is going for a quick win a Midas is suicide.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I go 8-2 on my solo calibration games and my solo MMR is under 3K.. So demoralizing...
That just means you climbed up a lot!
Having played Earth Spirit last night, he seems a lot more balanced. He's probably pretty close to being perfectly fine.

Things I found
- Grip doing the bulk of the damage now is actually a buff. It's easier to land for finishing off people in the distance.
Nah. Combos damage was garunteed and now you have to use a rock to farm waves/jungle. If you wanted someone dead as ES you would just pull and roll anyway so it doesn't matter. Or GITGUD at kicking.
It isn't that it's a whole minute to get all rocks back, it's that extra 10 or 20 seconds to do your basic combo (and then your ult is useless). Suffering.

Kard8p3

I really don't think playing support is ever an excuse for low MMR, I'm 3.8k MMR and I primarily play support, if you're playing support well then you pretty much have the most high impact role in a game.

Not that I'm good but you can easily win games by playing well on a support, have a 14 game win streak on Crystal Maiden right now and sure I can't win every game single handily but you can win your lane for your carry, help your mid win, turn around team fights with a Mek.

The important thing to remember is that their players are as bad as yours, if you're a good support then you're the one making the difference

Meh, guess I have shitty luck then. I made some good plays last match, but my team never followed up.

RS4-

Went 4-6 solo, predominantly as support, finished with 3.9 MMR.

Just a tossup as to how they're really scoring these things. I don't think there's actual concrete evidence on how you're ranked.

Quesa

Went 4-6 solo, predominantly as support, finished with 3.9 MMR.

Just a tossup as to how they're really scoring these things. I don't think there's actual concrete evidence on how you're ranked.

Pretty sure it uses your unranked mmr (since you've played a bunch by the time you can play ranked) as the starting point, then adjusts with x amount of uncertainty each game.

Satch

Banned
i love playing PA, farming in the jungle, then seeing anti mage come down the lane trying to farm and push down the tower

then grinding him to dust with the might of your crits

assassination at its finest

i love playing PA, farming in the jungle, then seeing anti mage come down the lane trying to farm and push down the tower

then grinding him to dust with the might of your crits

assassination at its finest

I wish they would rework AM so he wasn't so farm dependent. His design feels so outdated.

Satch

Banned
I wish they would rework AM so he wasn't so farm dependent. His design feels so outdated.

honestly, yeah, it's the one thing that keeps me picking other carries over him. he can hardly defend himself early on, and the nature of the current meta just does not favor his play style. at level 6, most of the other popular carries in the game are awake and ready to hit hard as hell, and he just cannot keep up. it's fine if the enemy team ignores you for 40 minutes, but it's considerably more likely that, in 27 minutes, your towers are going to be decimated by the enemy pubstomp pushing-ball-of-death, leaving you to waste valuable time walking to the jungle and the lanes so you can farm some more and inevitably lose the game.

alsoooo just got finished with a solo queue game and it was rough. i picked slark and rubick went with me to the offlane. bristle solo'd the safelane. Legion Commander and Lycan argued in the beginning about taking the jungle until we realized we had nobody mid. Lycan decided to just take mid but they would not stop making fun of each other whenever one of them died. i told them to stay positive and work together as a team and we turned the game around. the results were pleasing. :)

http://dotabuff.com/matches/495746122

fucking drow though holy shit fuck the new silence. i had the dust and the sheepstick specifically because of her bullshit.

Chris R

So just had my first non-bot invoker game. Didn't go terrible... Just need to find a better guide and stick to it so my invoke level is way behind my E :( Still got fucking rolled though because the team was utter shit.

Satch

Banned
So just had my first non-bot invoker game. Didn't go terrible... Just need to find a better guide and stick to it so my invoke level is way behind my E :( Still got fucking rolled though because the team was utter shit.

quas wex or quas exort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom