• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratfall

Death Prophet is the most cancerous pubstomp hero in the game, no question. Her ult should be as powerful as it is right now but it should have the cooldown of black hole.

Satch

Banned
Death Prophet is the most cancerous pubstomp hero in the game, no question. Her ult should be as powerful as it is right now but it should have the cooldown of black hole.

my friends and i were bitching about that the day the patch came out

i just do not feel like the cooldown is long enough. she can take two towers in one go if her team supports her.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It happened

7Qq0AsC.png

Chris R

nah, riki is terrible if nobody buys wards/gems/dust

Just had a game where riki got out of hand and was fat as fuck at like 35 mins :(

Pratfall

Just had a game where riki got out of hand and was fat as fuck at like 35 mins :(

I would agree he is a pain, but literally all it takes is your support buying some dust and sentries. There is no item counter to DP outside of everyone getting blademail. Who do people think the best hero counter to her is?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would agree he is a pain, but literally all it takes is your support buying some dust and sentries. There is no item counter to DP outside of everyone getting blademail. Who do people think the best hero counter to her is?

The item counters are things that give armor to make the spirits not hurt as much, with Vlads and AC giving armor auras.

Kard8p3

Apparently Bloodseeker and Invoker are good against her.

I might be wrong though.

Yea that's why he's a low/mid-level pub stomper. Riki necessitates the purchase of consumable items and requires coordination. Coordination that doesn't happen in pubs unless people are partied or at least can communicate enough to be organized.

boosh5

Banned
I really wish the matchmaking didn't think that when I party up with one friend, an appropriate enemy team is made up of four or five guys in a party. It seems like this happens constantly these days.

EGM92

I really wish the matchmaking didn't think that when I party up with one friend, an appropriate enemy team is made up of four or five guys in a party. It seems like this happens constantly these days.

The same thing happens in Solo Queue.

inkls

my friends and i were bitching about that the day the patch came out

i just do not feel like the cooldown is long enough. she can take two towers in one go if her team supports her.

Someone hasn't seen terrorblade's metamorphosis' pushing power.

Terrorrblade is the most devastating split pusher, holy shit. Give him Drums, BoT's, Manta, Skadi and it's GG.

Speak of the devil

Quesa

fntDxNN.png

I normally wouldn't do this, but I'd like to call out the rubick in this game for being a complete dick. SF got an abandon super early, and no stats were gonna be recorded. Everyone on the enemy team left cept rub, and he told all of us to leave since it was "the gg." We didn't want the game to count as a loss on DB, so we didn't leave, and this dude kept pausing and wouldn't leave -- he wanted us to leave instead. It's fine for him to do this, I guess, but he specifically told us he was staying because he liked ruining people's games. Fuck him.

Seance

Banned
Magic is TB's weakness methinks. He has crazy good armor and agi gain but awful HP and strength gain. SM might be just the counter for him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've gradually added All Pick back into my mode rotation. It's really not so bad, even before the new anti-counterpick change. 9/10 games I end up just hitting random anyways cause dat gold.

Surprised myself with a monster Chen game today. All that micro practice on Visage starting to pay off.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/495743547

ElyrionX

I am so fucking tired of getting stomped by Riki in pubs. The problem is a good Riki requires two things to counter:

1. Strong and smart support players
2. Good teamwork

If you lack either of them, you're fucked. For supports, it's not as simple as buying sentries and dust and stuff because you will always be limited by the amount of gold you have. It's about knowing when to buy them as well as when and where to use them. For example, you don't fucking plant a sentry less than 1000 units away from your safelane tower when you can clearly see Riki farming your offlane. It's just a waste of gold. As a support, you need to know when your carry needs to be babysitted while he farms in the early to mid game.

Yesterday, I faced Riki twice in two ranked matches. One was solo queue and one was a 5-man party. The solo queue was terrible because the supports were bad and the teamwork was bad (people running off to NC when we should be pushing mid with sentries in hand as Riki clearly was fat and had map control). On the other hand, we had good teamwork for the party game but our support was useless (CM bought Treads and Drums, FFS). Both times, we got stomped.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Blademail and necro books hurt her really badly, but more than anything you just need to kill her early game. A few ganks early or a lost mid lane and she's hardly a threat. Focus her squishy ghostly form in fights and she won't contribute much.

my mmr dropped like 500 over the last week so i decided to play ap and got matched up with weedman. he literally afk in the middle of the game to smoke weed. at least he doesn't pause

i've seen the most ridiculous things over the last couple of days too. i don't know if it's the new patch or the huge loss streak i'm in

manfestival

my mmr dropped like 500 over the last week so i decided to play ap and got matched up with weedman. he literally afk in the middle of the game to smoke weed. at least he doesn't pause

i've seen the most ridiculous things over the last couple of days too. i don't know if it's the new patch or the huge loss streak i'm in

lol.... i cant stop laughing at your post. I do enjoy watching weedman but he has a horrible habit of not caring and going for the weed. Also his PA sucks. If he plays invoker then there is a good chance you are gonna win and his pudge is hit or miss depending on how high he is

domstah

I got an Staff of the Enduring Colt (NP Horse Staff) that I'm hoping to trade for the Equine Battlehelm (Legion Commander horsey hat) or the Banners of Battle Fortune (LC Flags) if anyone is interested. Send me a PM, or you can add me on Steam if you are interested.

I almost always get in matches were I'm alone, in my team a pair of stacks (2 and 2), while the enemy team is a pair of 2 and 3.

Valve pls.

Hylian7

So after it has been in game for a few days, I want to hear opinions on this: Tinker: to Aghanim's or not to Aghanim's? That is the question.

Pros:
Cheaper than Scythe
Smaller parts than Scythe, 3/4 can be bought at regular shop
Makes you be able to participate in team fights from a safe distance
Allows you to effectively disable right clicking carries without getting close to them
Gives you nice stats, HP, and Mana
Allows you to deal more damage overall in fights, in addition to just marches and two missiles

Cons:
Not a real disable like Scythe, so won't disable those troublesome casters
Ties into the above, but you can't permasheep an extremely troublesome target.

Honestly in most situations I think it is worth it, still going for Scythe after if you can. I've only gotten to do it once, but laser range made a huge difference. The enemy Medusa did not go MKB, so she was pretty useless and easy to kill.

Quesa

So after it has been in game for a few days, I want to hear opinions on this: Tinker: to Aghanim's or not to Aghanim's? That is the question.

Pros:
Cheaper than Scythe
Smaller parts than Scythe, 3/4 can be bought at regular shop
Makes you be able to participate in team fights from a safe distance
Allows you to effectively disable right clicking carries without getting close to them
Gives you nice stats, HP, and Mana
Allows you to deal more damage overall in fights, in addition to just marches and two missiles

Cons:
Not a real disable like Scythe, so won't disable those troublesome casters
Ties into the above, but you can't permasheep an extremely troublesome target.

Honestly in most situations I think it is worth it, still going for Scythe after if you can. I've only gotten to do it once, but laser range made a huge difference. The enemy Medusa did not go MKB, so she was pretty useless and easy to kill.

Any merit in going for it as an alternative to dagon instead of scythe?

I wouldn't replace a scythe with an aghs. I'd replace a dagon with an aghs.

So depending no how the game is going, I'd go

Soul/Bottle/Travels --> Aghs/Sheep --> Sheep/Aghs --> whatever else is appropriate.

Never abandon the hard disable on Tinker. Ever. For any reason.

RS4-

I don't think I'd get aghs either; I'd just go sheep, orchid and some other disable like halberd, euls, necro 3 etc.

Laser their right click, sheep, orchid whoever then rearm repeat. The 4 missiles are nice, but it's a big investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom