• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played support in a game where we had an offlane Chaos Knight buy Brown Boots and nothing else for like 30 mins. When queried about the fact that he was sitting on two thousand gold and didn't have things like Treads or Drum or Armlet components all we got was "just wait" and "mind your own items". He bought a hyperstone. Brown boots and a hyperstone.

Game went about as well as you can imagine.

Took a stroll through their Dota profile and saw many hilariously bad item builds like Traquils, double Crytalis Invoker. A lvl 25 Lifestealer in an hour long game with Tranquils, a Basher, AC, 3 Crystalis and 79 LH. And they were mad that our Terrorblade went Safelane.

Just played support in a game where we had an offlane Chaos Knight buy Brown Boots and nothing else for like 30 mins. When queried about the fact that he was sitting on two thousand gold and didn't have things like Treads or Drum or Armlet components all we got was "just wait" and "mind your own items". He bought a hyperstone. Brown boots and a hyperstone.

Dude had it right. 55 + attack speed imba :p

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
man omniknight blows,

is icefraud ever going to do anything about him other than really crappy buffs that do nothing?

i wish he had a great cast animation on purification like jeraziah in HoN, leads to a guaranteed nuke and allows him to be played as a carry >:)

i wish he had a great cast animation on purification like jeraziah in HoN, leads to a guaranteed nuke and allows him to be played as a carry >:)

a cast point decrease wouldn't hurt. I also wouldn't mind if his aura had an activation that gave the AS and MS to your nearby teammates.

Karakand

Took a stroll through their Dota profile and saw many hilariously bad item builds like Traquils, double Crytalis Invoker. A lvl 25 Lifestealer in an hour long game with Tranquils, a Basher, AC, 3 Crystalis and 79 LH. And they were mad that our Terrorblade went Safelane.

#dead

Dota 2 |OT3| Mind your own items

Seance

Banned
I only seem to have fun in this game when i play carry. Otherwise my terrorblade has 700hp at 20 minutes with brown boots and radiance.

Chris R

Thanks to whoever suggested Skywrath as the TB counter. Team forced me mid against pudge and I tried my best to throw the match, but we finally came back. Silence and burst him down, so nice.

Thanks to whoever suggested Skywrath as the TB counter. Team forced me mid against pudge and I tried my best to throw the match, but we finally came back. Silence and burst him down, so nice.

Satch.

She accepts donations in $10 denominations, minimum.

few things beat the feels of a well-placed Sky ult.

Roaming is so rewarding and easy in low mm. Roamed as Bane and it worked out well every time and we gg'd in 20 minutes. Nobody wards and everyone expects the lanes to be 2-1-2 and nobody ever moves away.

Kard8p3

iil1sX8XBGcET.gif

Felt so good to save Naix's life..no idea how RP didn't hit me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Really? I though he was handy in a team fight, really handy.
Yeah but:
No stun
No slows
Soso nukes
Needs setup time
People can just run away

If you fight early while Tomb is strong or setup with some steals first everything is gravytown. But then people get blink initiation and their HP/DMG scales up to counter Tombstone and your STR steal.

Like, you are helping but other supports are going to actually be doing stuff. They had no blink initiation and only 1 (super low hp) right clicker.

ViviOggi

I have yet to see a single acceptable TB. The one I just had to play with was unable to fucking attack-move properly and finished 2-8-1, losing us like three teamfights in a row when we actually had a decent advantage.

Boken

Banned
Yeah but:
No stun
No slows
Soso nukes
Needs setup time
People can just run away

If you fight early while Tomb is strong or setup with some steals first everything is gravytown. But then people get blink initiation and their HP/DMG scales up to counter Tombstone and your STR steal.

Like, you are helping but other supports are going to actually be doing stuff. They had no blink initiation and only 1 (super low hp) right clicker.

cmon you nerd lets play

Raytow

Yeah but:
No stun
No slows
Soso nukes
Needs setup time
People can just run away

Zombies have slow, and his ulti aura does too, and both of them stack with other slows IIRC, his nuke is also a pretty good healing skill as well.

M.D

I have yet to see a single acceptable TB. The one I just had to play with was unable to fucking attack-move properly and finished 2-8-1, losing us like three teamfights in a row when we actually had a decent advantage.
Is it just TB tho? In my MMR, in 90% of the cases people that play or ask for the carry role in CD/CM are usually the worst players on the team and have no idea what they're doing.
I've noticed this with Faceless Void players in particular, they always like to fight when they can't or shouldn't and feed a ton. This is even worse with Anti-Mage players.

ViviOggi

Is it just TB tho? In my MMR, in 90% of the cases people that play or ask for the carry role in CD/CM are usually the worst players on the team and have no idea what they're doing.
I've noticed this with Faceless Void players in particular, they always like to fight when they can't or shouldn't and feed a ton. This is even worse with Anti-Mage players.

TB is an absolute glass cannon so he's prone to either dying constantly or not contributing anything in fights due to the player being too cautious. Void just doesn't fit into the current meta, although I haven't seen or played him in 6.80 yet, unsure about the significance of the Chrono buffs.

inkls

Its understandable for faceless void. A single misplaced chronosphere can throw the game regardless of your skill level.

I think people suck at tb because they fight in his farming form and farm in his pushing/teamfight form.

ElyrionX

TB is an absolute glass cannon so he's prone to either dying constantly or not contributing anything in fights due to the player being too cautious. Void just doesn't fit into the current meta, although I haven't seen or played him in 6.80 yet, unsure about the significance of the Chrono buffs.

In my trench tier, I've seen a couple of FVs thus far and he remains almost exactly the same as he was before; absolutely useless without a lot of farm.

In my trench tier, I've seen a couple of FVs thus far and he remains almost exactly the same as he was before; absolutely useless without a lot of farm.

I'd like to see them give him an AS/AP bonus when in the sphere to make him more useful early on. Now he gets 4 hits in and it's a bad ult early on when you want to make shit happen.

What's the skill build for Jakiro now? I think ice path is still his best team fight spell, but liquid fire is pretty hard to lane against, and it's nice for early push as well. Max dual breath is also some nice damage. So I'm not sure.

Does anyone sometimes skip his ulti at 6? I think I'll get flamed if I try this but if you don't have a cogs/chrono/kinetic field type spell to combo it with I think it's easily his worst spell.

ElyrionX

I'd like to see them give him an AS/AP bonus when in the sphere to make him more useful early on. Now he gets 4 hits in and it's a bad ult early on when you want to make shit happen.

Yeah, that's the big issue. Even with a MoM, he is rarely able to take down one single full-health hero solo at level 6 when using chrono and has to rely on support or pickoffs.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What's the skill build for Jakiro now? I think ice path is still his best team fight spell, but liquid fire is pretty hard to lane against, and it's nice for early push as well. Max dual breath is also some nice damage. So I'm not sure.

Does anyone sometimes skip his ulti at 6? I think I'll get flamed if I try this but if you don't have a cogs/chrono/kinetic field type spell to combo it with I think it's easily his worst spell.

Generally I grab Liquid Fire at 1, 3, and 5 and just take one point in Ice Path until 10, maxing Liquid Fire and Dual Breath. However if my team composition or the enemy comp is going to push us towards a lot of early teamfights then Ice Path and Liquid Fire trade priorities.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

TB has the highest base armor in the game. That's some sturdy glass.

Such a long painful game

2 sets of our racks were down for half an hour! We were locked in a total stalemate for half an hour! They couldn't take our Tier 4s and we couldn't leave our base for a half hour! It was nuts.

They ended up letting our Luna and Druid get huge and one bad last ditch "we need to end this now, I'm so bored" team fight for them and we instantly won afterwards because they had ridiculous respawn times.

Phoenix is mad fun though

Guys

Key or Bloom Harvest chest?

The lockless chest gives strange items, the key chest just gives a battle booster, but no strange items. The lockless also has better items imo, and also a Dragon Knight kinetic gem.

ElyrionX

Has anyone been getting error message about not being able to sync their files with Steam Cloud since last week? It's been coming up everything I try to launch the game and it's causing me to lose access to my own custom hero builds in-game.

spirit breaker with static link, split shot, dragon tail and rupture + threads, MOM, bkb and manta (movespeed and some mana to cast the combo more than once)
I say fuck your bkbs :p
absolutely insane build there is no escape and you can rampage the entire enemy team with it in seconds and it didn't need a lot of items and they're all easy to build

Also made a bristleback with bristleback + anchor smash + ion shell + can't remember what ult I had and he was pretty much unkilleable with vanguard and pipe

so many possibilities in ability pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom