• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Alright, need some OD tips. He seems really fun to play, but I can't figure him out, I also don't understand the threshold part of his ult. When should start fighting, how/when do i use my ult, what should I do when there's someone who makes me useless in the other team (ex: nyx).

Also, competitive viability of sladar? No mana cost for his first ability and blink dagger as well as his bash buff seems nice. Minus 20 armor is nothing to scoff at too.

I'm wondering, why do people build manta on Terrorblade? It's only 28% dmg on ranged illusions vs your two 60% already built-in illusions on ranged form. Seems to me you could build a better item. Without manta you have an extra 120% dmg from illusions, with manta it adds 56%. Compare 220% vs 276% doesn't seems worth the cost to me. Opinions?

manfestival

so far ive managed to get 2 keys and 1 chest from jade tokens. I kinda like the key items more but its true that the bloom harvest ones have more value with the sockets. I have so far the ember coin(which I love), the natures prophet staff (looks cool but its one of the last things I wanted), and the beast of vermillion wilds(the first mythical i have actually found playing this game and it came with a cool roar kills gem)

Mohasus

I'm wondering, why do people build manta on Terrorblade? It's only 28% dmg on ranged illusions vs your two 60% already built-in illusions on ranged form. Seems to me you could build a better item. Without manta you have an extra 120% dmg from illusions, with manta it adds 56%. Compare 220% vs 276% doesn't seems worth the cost to me. Opinions?

Stats.

G.ZZZ

Since the amazing server maintenance, i have less ping on USE than on EU servers. 200 ping everyhwere, projectile not showing, visual glithces all day long gg volvo.

my mmr dropped like 500 over the last week so i decided to play ap and got matched up with weedman. he literally afk in the middle of the game to smoke weed. at least he doesn't pause

i've seen the most ridiculous things over the last couple of days too. i don't know if it's the new patch or the huge loss streak i'm in

lol

ElyrionX

Why is Lion not in the competitive meta? AOE stun, hex and a heavy nuke all on relatively low CDs seems like a good thing. Is it because of his mana requirements?

rugioh

Banned
Back when valve didn't patch out the fact you could see your MMR before finishing placement matches, I was around the 2300 mark(ive only been playing a few months) Since then I've only been doing unranked matches, but is it possibly that my MMR has changed since then even if I'm playing unranked?

Why is Lion not in the competitive meta? AOE stun, hex and a heavy nuke all on relatively low CDs seems like a good thing. Is it because of his mana requirements?

Terrible movement speed, super squishy + he has a very short cast range, bad cast animation for ult if I had to guess

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Since the amazing server maintenance, i have less ping on USE than on EU servers. 200 ping everyhwere, projectile not showing, visual glithces all day long gg volvo.

• Combined US East and US West servers and renamed them as "The World". Removed all other servers.

inkls

Manta (5050 gold)
+10 str
+26 agi
+10 int
+15 Attack speed (41 total if you include the 26 agi)
+10% movement speed

+26 damage
+190hp (+0,3 hp regen)
+3 armor
+130 mana (+0,4 mana regen)

Illusion active

Compare Skadi (5675 gold)
+25 str
+25 agi
+25 int
+250 hp (725 if you count the +25 str) (+0,75 hp regen)
+250 mana ( 575 if you add the +25 int) (+1 mana regen)

+25 dmg
+25 attack speed
+3 armor

Auto-attacks slow movement speed and attack speed by 35% which is really useful due to the short range and 5 seconds duration of reflection.

Only a 625 gold difference. If you already built Sange and Yasha there is no point in building manta when you can build skadi.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/498466317

Man playing against a team that is good at defending and splitpushing drags games out so much. We dominated, as you can see from looking at Viper, but everytime we tried to push we had to defend. I spent most of the game fighting off Brood and NP by myself (and SS occasionally) which is why my score looks so small in comparison to the team. I almost never went in the jungle and still got that GPM, just because of the summons I was clearing. That's the first time in a while that it has felt like work getting the win rather than having fun.

Demoli

Manta (5050 gold)
+10 str
+26 agi
+10 int
+15 Attack speed (41 total if you include the 26 agi)
+10% movement speed

+26 damage
+190hp (+0,3 hp regen)
+3 armor
+130 mana (+0,4 mana regen)

Illusion active

Compare Skadi (5675 gold)
+25 str
+25 agi
+25 int
+250 hp (725 if you count the +25 str) (+0,75 hp regen)
+250 mana ( 575 if you add the +25 int) (+1 mana regen)

+25 dmg
+25 attack speed
+3 armor

Auto-attacks slow movement speed and attack speed by 35% which is really useful due to the short range and 5 seconds duration of reflection.

Only a 625 gold difference. If you already built Sange and Yasha there is no point in building manta when you can build skadi.

The point of building SnY On Terrorblade is that it's a good stop gap to make Manta and Butterfly, since you can do SnY, disassemble into Manta and Halberd and then disassemble halberd into Butterfly, keeping the Sange until you get Skadi. This build gives a lot of early stats and utility and you only lose 1k gold throughout the process.

Quesa

Shouldn't you also include the dmg from illusions in that math? Also, if you already have an sny, manta would only be 3k. Not disputing, just pointing stuff out.

Plus Shadow Shaman fits more in the pushing strat.

Love lion, but yeah he's a pretty middle of the road support. If you want stuns, shaman's better at cc with 2.5 stuns (wards can cc occasionally and can also push), bane has a stun that goes through bkb, and cm's cc is much better. If you want nukes, veno and visage have that and push, and lich has teamfight nukes. If you want versatility, Nyx, Rubick, and Alch are better picks. And he lacks any sort of push. Maybe the scepter buff will make for the occasional gimmick pick, but I don't think he'll get much more play in general.

inkls

The point of building SnY On Terrorblade is that it's a good stop gap to make Manta and Butterfly, since you can do SnY, disassemble into Manta and Halberd and then disassemble halberd into Butterfly, keeping the Sange until you get Skadi. This build gives a lot of early stats and utility and you only lose 1k gold throughout the process.

My bad, noob mistake, didn't think of dissembling it. Thing is, isn't the slow on halberd a % chance of happening? Also doubt it stacks with skadi. 20% not guaranteed vs 35% guaranteed seems a no-brainer though.

Shouldn't you also include the dmg from illusions in that math? Also, if you already have an sny, manta would only be 3k. Not disputing, just pointing stuff out.

Assuming you have 0 starting dmg: 292,56 total damage with manta

231 with skadi. 61,56 dmg difference, but I assumed the 500 extra hp was a decent trade off with all the talk about how squishy he is.

edit:
Slows all stacks. Skadi, frost dreagon breath and SnY also all stacks too, for maximum 100% slow of ez games.

Good to know

G.ZZZ

My bad, noob mistake, didn't think of dissembling it. Thing is, isn't the slow on halberd a % chance of happening? Also doubt it stacks with skadi. 20% not guaranteed vs 35% guaranteed seems a no-brainer though.

Assuming you have 0 starting dmg: 292,56 total damage with manta

231 with skadi. 61,56 dmg difference, but I assumed the 500 extra hp was a decent trade off with all the talk about how squishy he is.

Slows all stacks. Skadi, frost dreagon breath and SnY also all stacks too, for maximum 100% slow of ez games.

ViviOggi

MOTHERFUCKING SLARDAR

TY FOR FREE RARES EMPIRE FANBOYS
chansub-global-emoticon-76292ac622b0fc38-20x30.png

Volodja

On the other hand I got 40 ping added to my usual USE ping and get occasional packet losses.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How is Envy still getting paid to play Dota for a living? All I ever hear about is how bad he sinks his team regularly.

shira

How is Envy still getting paid to play Dota for a living? All I ever hear about is how bad he sinks his team regularly.

With the MLG win they have TI invite pretty much sewn up. Not sure what else they have to do till August.

With the MLG win they have TI invite pretty much sewn up. Not sure what else they have to do till August.
That should get them a chance to compete for a wildcard. They need to do more to get a guaranteed spot.

Edit: actually, I think you're right simply because the number of Western teams doing well isn't as large as it was last year. Right now it's just NaVi, Alliance, Fnatic, Speed, and...that's really it. Liquid, Empire, Sigma, new EG, Rox, SAD, and Power Rangers are all meh. There are going to be some unworthy teams getting guaranteed invites this year.

SamVimes

I don't really like Envy but to be fair there's really nothing he could have done that game.
That should get them a chance to compete for a wildcard. They need to do more to get a guaranteed spot.
Name 6 teams from the west that should get a direct invite before them.

KingKong

Edit: actually, I think you're right simply because the number of Western teams doing well isn't as large as it was last year. Right now it's just NaVi, Alliance, Fnatic, Speed, and...that's really it. Liquid, Empire, Sigma, new EG, Rox, SAD, and Power Rangers are all meh. There are going to be some unworthy teams getting guaranteed invites this year.

I agree, I hope Alliance comes back in form because it would be pretty boring to have NaVi be the only top tier Western team

Name 6 teams from the west that should get a direct invite before them.
Yea there's a stunning lack of Western depth this year compared to last year. Didn't really notice that so many seams simply fell off the map, but it hadn't really thought about it. Liquid is half the team they were last year, Dignitas is dead, VPro is nowhere near what they were at this time last year. Empire hasn't been relevant since before TI2. Sigma is aaite...but I can't see them being competitive at TI.

And yet, 2 of those teams will get a guaranteed spot. Meh.

Razzer

Is it just me or does Zyori just copy LD's phrases to the letter. Everything he says I swear I've heard LD say before.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Alright, need some OD tips. He seems really fun to play, but I can't figure him out, I also don't understand the threshold part of his ult. When should start fighting, how/when do i use my ult, what should I do when there's someone who makes me useless in the other team (ex: nyx).

Also, competitive viability of sladar? No mana cost for his first ability and blink dagger as well as his bash buff seems nice. Minus 20 armor is nothing to scoff at too.

Don't forget about manta as a survivability item to get rid of stuff like silences. Also manta makes your split pushing a lot more potent, especially if you have something like radiance. And never underestimate ranged illusions...

shira

Is it just me or does Zyori just copy LD's phrases to the letter. Everything he says I swear I've heard LD say before.

BTS has the policy of always agreeing with the other caster. So instead of uhhhing and umming, their go-to dialogue is simply agree with what the other said.

Razzer

BTS has the policy of always agreeing with the other caster. So instead of uhhhing and umming, their go-to dialogue is simply agree with what the other said.

Well yeah but I mean his casting in fights is exactly the same as LD's, not just in style but choice of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom