• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
BTS has the policy of always agreeing with the other caster. So instead of uhhhing and umming, their go-to dialogue is simply agree with what the other said.

And it's a hell of a lot better than simply saying nothing in my opinion.

inkls

Don't forget about manta as a survivability item to get rid of stuff like silences. Also manta makes your split pushing a lot more potent, especially if you have something like radiance. And never underestimate ranged illusions...

Yeah, its really my bad, missed some of the numbers.

Back to an earlier question, anyone got any OD tips?

shira

Britney-Spears-Baby-One-More-Time-Gif1.gif

http://www.joindota.com/en/live/jDRed

Seance

Banned
Manta (5050 gold)
+10 str
+26 agi
+10 int
+15 Attack speed (41 total if you include the 26 agi)
+10% movement speed

+26 damage
+190hp (+0,3 hp regen)
+3 armor
+130 mana (+0,4 mana regen)

Illusion active

Compare Skadi (5675 gold)
+25 str
+25 agi
+25 int
+250 hp (725 if you count the +25 str) (+0,75 hp regen)
+250 mana ( 575 if you add the +25 int) (+1 mana regen)

+25 dmg
+25 attack speed
+3 armor

Auto-attacks slow movement speed and attack speed by 35% which is really useful due to the short range and 5 seconds duration of reflection.

Only a 625 gold difference. If you already built Sange and Yasha there is no point in building manta when you can build skadi.

The correct build is s+y -> Disassemble into manta -> skadi

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How has valve not fixed brew not getting assist gold by now? You'd think that would be something they would have noticed a long time ago...

Because its not a bug but odd Dota 1 parity. Maybe they will change it, but it could still be a deliberate balance choice.

ThisOne

Have they made significant graphical changes to the game in the last 5-6 months? I reinstalled again over the weekend and the game seems to look significantly worse than I remember it being when I was playing last summer even with all the settings turned up. The graphics just have this really soft look to them now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Now 600 ping EUW. VALVE SERIOUSLY FU. I'm going to be playing LP forever holy shit.

Are you sure its not your ISP? And have you tried bitching on that part of the dev boards about connection problems, there are a few guys who seems to read the thing.

Have they made significant graphical changes to the game in the last 5-6 months? I reinstalled again over the weekend and the game seems to look significantly worse than I remember it being when I was playing last summer even with all the settings turned up. The graphics just have this really soft look to them now.

Half a dozen heroes have remade models.

However, there's a new event map currently active that has a softer, warm glow to it. That might be it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Kind of refreshing to see an AM vs Void game that isn't a complete farmfest. Goes to show how much better dota has gotten since TI1 and that opting to buff those hard carry ulties was definitely the way to go, props to icefrog.

Sibylus

Banned
Kind of refreshing to see an AM vs Void game that isn't a complete farmfest. Goes to show how much better dota has gotten since TI1 and that opting to buff those hard carry ulties was definitely the way to go, props to icefrog.
Agreed. I'll add that Aghanim's Void doesn't seem like a narrow utility item anymore. With all that MS, the phase, and the double damage on the Timelocks, it's an all-around solid item in my eyes.

ksan

Agreed. I'll add that Aghanim's Void doesn't seem like a narrow utility item anymore. With all that MS, the phase, and the double damage on the Timelocks, it's an all-around solid item in my eyes.

Yeah, as long as you have some damage/as before that

Demoli

I'd argue that Aghs is even worse on Void now since it only lowers the cd by 20 secs as opposed to 40(?) before.

Man, I love seeing Void vs AM games, theres something about that dup that's just classic, as opposed to luna/gyro/naix.

Razzer

I'd argue that Aghs is even worse on Void now since it only lowers the cd by 20 secs as opposed to 40(?) before.

Man, I love seeing Void vs AM games, theres something about that dup that's just classic, as opposed to luna/gyro/naix.

It's partly to do with how similar they build item wise I think. And their skills are pretty similar too, one offensive and one defensive passive, a blink, and a big teamfight ult. It means they both go man-mode on each other and it's just who can win the duel.

If you're team fighting that often, that 20 seconds and extra second are more than worth the price of admission. As with any situational pickup, it's a function of how the match is evolving.

Demoli

If you're team fighting that often, that 20 seconds and extra second are more than worth the price of admission. As with any situational pickup, it's a function of how the match is evolving.

My biggest gripe with it is not the price, but the inventory slot. Aghs barely offers any damage or AS, and I'd rather use that slot for something like a Deso (which is also cheaper), Crit, Mkb or butterfly.

Then again I barely play Void.

Edit: SLURRRDURRRR

Sibylus

Banned
My biggest gripe with it is not the price, but the inventory slot. Aghs barely offers any damage or AS, and I'd rather use that slot for something like a Deso (which is also cheaper), Crit, Mkb or butterfly.

Getting kited was a problem even in the old Chrono, the movespeed and phase help quite a bit. It's an item that increases your potential DPS indirectly, and not by a little either.

ksan

Yeah, that's the biggest problem.
I'd say it's fine to get if you already have manta, but if you have BKB you should probably get something else.

Also, obviously depends on when you're trying to finish/know when you can finish the game.

Edit: SLURRRDURRRR

Oh I agree with all of that 100%. It's probably the most situational optional item for him. Like, you buy it ONLY when you need chrono up every 60 seconds. Like, ONLY. Otherwise, that's a slot that could be occupied by an AC or BKB to go with your Mjollnir/Bfury/Daed/Manta setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom