• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

Usually you'll want to take Eul's if you've had a rough/horrible early game. No point in getting bloodstone if you'll keep dying. Also take Eul's if you're getting focused in team fights. Self-cast to avoid dmg while your ult deals it.

Usually AC is better for the -5 armor (so your spirits do more dmg), you'll want to take shiva if you're having trouble keeping up with your food, it also gives more mana.

No point in ever getting Bloodstone on her honestly. That much mana regen is overkill on an hero that doesn't really use that much mana.

inkls

No point in ever getting Bloodstone on her honestly. That much mana regen is overkill on an hero that doesn't really use that much mana.

Crypt swarm is a spammable nuke on a 4 seconds cooldown that costs 140 mana. You don't just get bloodstone for the mana regen, there's also that 500 hp, 400 mana and 9hp regen. Makes Death prophet pretty tanky, which you'll want when you're in the middle of a teamfight

That reminds me of an ability draft game with Death Prophet. I got acid spray, and people were just melting. Also, I prefer Skadi over bloodstone, while the regen is nice, I think it cost too much for what it does.

I usually go brown boots>euls>phase boots>atos>shiva=skadi=ac (if no one is getting it). It depends of how the game is going most of the time.

i don't think luna is OP at all, but i really hope she gets nerfed soon because i am tired of seeing her in every single pro match
Your issue is grossly misplaced.

Luna is a go-to carry right now because of the shift in meta towards early/mid game pushing power, which Luna is unique in being able to play with/against compared to a lot of other carries. She can be useful in team fights at 10 minutes in where other carried have to run like bitches. Since the meta is about pushing shit down at 10 minutes..well...you can do the rest of that math yourself.

If you want to see more carries played, they need to make early pushing comps weaker somehow (without outright gutting the comps viability), not nerf the only viable carry options against the strat just because you are tired of seeing them.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Finally dropped below my initial MMR after calibration. It's a wonderful feeling.

Also Phoenix is fun as shit. I wish the shoop da whoop was on a shorter cooldown though cause I liked using it for positioning more than anything.

Dec

who's the caster with LD anyway. the only thing I know if that he sniffed his balls.

Holy shit I knew I recognized that guy.

He left his stream running accidentally, walked into view of the camera with no pants on later on, showing everything and stood there reading his monitor repeatedly touching his balls and smelling his hand.

Acinixys

Finally dropped below my initial MMR after calibration. It's a wonderful feeling.

Also Phoenix is fun as shit. I wish the shoop da whoop was on a shorter cooldown though cause I liked using it for positioning more than anything.

I love the swoop - mek - fireballs - ult combo

So brutal early game

Atlantis

He left his stream running accidentally, walked into view of the camera with no pants on later on, showing everything and stood there reading his monitor repeatedly touching his balls and smelling his hand.

03pKA.gif
03pKA.gif
03pKA.gif

Sibylus

Banned

This is why you point your webcam at the wall even when off, people. The little light lies.

Shepard

I kinda miss the ultra hard carry days. We dont see farmed voids/AMs/Spectres anymore, it's always the same heroes. I like Luna because she can quickly evolve to an ultra hard carry, as she did in that Fnatic game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I kinda miss the ultra hard carry days. We dont see farmed voids/AMs/Spectres anymore, it's always the same heroes. I like Luna because she can quickly evolve to an ultra hard carry, as she did in that Fnatic game.

I also miss watching AM farm for 50 minutes.

Swig_

Wish they hadn't added ability draft. Now my 5 man loves it and plays it every time and I fucking hate that mode. Awesome. Thanks, Valve.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My issue with ad is I always get the bad stat heroes, and it feels like it draws on to long. It needs easy mode enabled and passive xp gain to make it go faster.

Chris R

So what nerfs will DP get in the next patch? Cut the move speed bonus to 4/8/12/16 would be a good start IMO, but then also either increase the cooldown for spirits, cut the damage they do, or a little bit of both.

Demoli

I could see DP get nerfs on her Ult CD, or at least make it scale. Not because it's op, but because it's a pubstomper, like Breaker was.

Also, Dazzle too fucking good!

So what's the threshold for abandoning your laning partner when they start pinging franticly and initiating with "stun now!" without even checking if you're following them, and only fighting when it's obviously a bad idea? 3rd time? 4th time?

I wanted to be a team player and tried not to blame him for flaming incessantly and going 0-10, I really did. But in the future I think I should just leave the suicide pact lane and roam or something.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Broodmother is almost unplayably bad now. The interaction with vision and webs feels really unintuitive.

I don't think she should have lost the vision on her webs, that was an unnecessary nerf, the problem was only that detection was completely useless against her when she can just sidestep into a tree in half a second, but that's fixed now. If that web vision change is ever reverted she'll still be a significantly better hero than 6.76-78 brood.

Though again, brood is just one of those heroes that I'd rather be complete shit than slightly OP or strong, she's just so annoying to play against regardless of balance.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
There needs to be a chat option in ability draft so that when their Zeus picks up aftershock you can say "get arc lightning now before he does!" I mean jesus, was I the only one who saw that coming?

Demoli

my problem with brood now is thatif someone ahs flying vision of you and you are detectde, you can get stuck on unpasseable terrain, which is simply unfair to an already weak hero.

Chris R

I honestly think they buffed the wrong thing with her. They should have buffed her spiderlings instead. Focused on that more.

Maybe decrease the gold reward for the broodlings at each level? You get a good AOE hero up against BM and it's game over man, so fat so early or a hero that can't really use one of their skills ever again.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
my problem with brood now is thatif someone ahs flying vision of you and you are detectde, you can get stuck on unpasseable terrain, which is simply unfair to an already weak hero.

How drunk are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom