• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratfall

Is venge a viable offlaner? I had one game where I was basically forced into it and did alright against a Luna Jakiro dual lane. Last hit with wave, especially when they came to harrass. When I lowered their armor the creeps did a ton of damage to them. How would you build her in that role? Still get support items (fast mek) or build her semi carry? I would guess her weakest aspect is that she lacks an escape (outside of throwing out a quick stun).

ksan

Is venge a viable offlaner? I had one game where I was basically forced into it and did alright against a Luna Jakiro dual lane. Last hit with wave, especially when they came to harrass. When I lowered their armor the creeps did a ton of damage to them. How would you build her in that role? Still get support items (fast mek) or build her semi carry? I would guess her weakest aspect is that she lacks an escape (outside of throwing out a quick stun).

Not really, way too low range and zero escape, if they control the lane you'll be lvl 1 forever.

AM can basically just blink away and not die for about 20-25 mins of every game. That's roughly his entire contribution in 9 out of 10 games.

SamVimes

um why its the most fun voker to watch and play

those max wex mile long tornado initiations are the peak imo

I don't find it fun to either watch or play, it's really easy mode compared to exort quas and it's incredibly frustrating to play against.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't find it fun to either watch or play, it's really easy mode compared to exort quas and it's incredibly frustrating to play against.

This, q/w invoker is just frustrating from all angles. Only tinker is as annoying/obnoxious.

also EMP is the single most anti-fun skill in the entire game

You would've been better off roaming between mid and your safelane to setup ganks. Putting Venge solo offlane kinda negates her high early game potential. That and Venge doesn't need to have a level advantage to be effective in the first place.

G.ZZZ

the strange thing is that i get normal ping with the .bat tester, but ingame i get 200+ and lot of grafical glitches like i'm packet lossing.

Pratfall

Not really, way too low range and zero escape, if they control the lane you'll be lvl 1 forever.

Fair enough, the creep wave was not being controlled very well at all, which is probably why I did alright. This actually followed a game where I had safe lane farm as Venge (da trench), and absolutely wrecked an Alch Enchantress dual lane. They were awful, but they did dive me once (when they were level 4-5), I turned around, waved them, stunned the alch in tower range and right clicked both until dead. Venge with a level advantage can be pretty scary, especially with the buff to wave.

You would've been better off roaming between mid and your safelane to setup ganks. Putting Venge solo offlane kinda negates her high early game potential. That and Venge doesn't need to have a level advantage to be effective in the first place.

I totally agree, I had no interest in the lane, but it seemed a waste to just have no one there and no one on my team said anything all game.

Low Tier
man none of u guys remembered when emp went through invuln? That was when cold snap procced off orb of venom too? Enjoy ur euls->emp->cold snap->autoattack->tornado finisher. He also had like 52 starting dmg too or something 8D

But legit quas/wex is awful for everyone, but it seems to be the new style with all the nerfs to exort/quas and the buffs to emp.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
look at that shit--tornado + ice wall + emp, just disgusting

i'd rather play against wtf mode 6.79 forge spirits every game

ksan

damn
man none of u guys remembered when emp went through invuln? That was when cold snap procced off orb of venom too? Enjoy ur euls->emp->cold snap->autoattack->tornado finisher. He also had like 52 starting dmg too or something 8D

But legit quas/wex is awful for everyone, but it seems to be the new style with all the nerfs to exort/quas and the buffs to emp.

rip tornado dispelling invis

honestly, this match is like the ultimate example of why I dislike Anti-Mage.

his team has been fighting practically 4v5 for the last 33 minutes of the game while he starves the entire map of creeps. And what does his team get for all that time spent farming and buying 30 minutes of fucking time?

An AM who still has to pussy-foot around team fights. A carry who has to run away even with 2/3rds of his health because he can still be melted like an ice cube on a summer day in Dubai.

He just takes too fucking long to become helpful unless he somehow gets fed early.

EE needed about 40 minutes of free farm just to be relevant.

Who said picking Slardar loses games. WER D FOCK R U

Free mana dagger doing exactly what we thought it would when we saw the patch notes: buff the FUCK out of every STR hero who buys blink core.

ksan

The problem with slardar is that there is basically no players practicing him, how often do you see a slardar with near perfect cs at minute 9?
Otherwise you have to do some semi-gimmicky stuff, like when speed (I think?) ran slardar and went straight brown boots->blink after a couple of really early kills.
Free mana dagger doing exactly what we thought it would when we saw the patch notes: buff the FUCK out of every STR hero who buys blink core.

Didn't think about that, that's a huge buff for slardar.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Are you sure OoV proced cold snap in dota 2?

Didn't think about that, that's a huge buff for slardar.
Chase 4ever. Especially with Sprint now costing less.

He played a helluva invoker today. Invoker the last 3 games, right? And he was the problem in every match. I'm they didn't respect ban it. But still...AM wasn't going to be relevant until he picked up a BKB, and he wasn't even sniffing one. Saying it would have required 40 minutes for EE to become relevant may even be a low estimate. Asking your team to "hold them off while I farm for 40-45 minutes" is a burden that that tends to be unique to AM. Gyro, Void, Dusa, Luna, Ursa, Slar, Drow, LS, TA, Sniper, PL, Morph, TB, LC, Riki, PA...all can contribute greatly to team fights after 1 or 2 core items are secured. AM really needs that 3rd or even 4th to be helpful.

*Unless he's fed early or if the enemy team only has 1 or 2 hard CC abilities, ofc.

Dina

I'm so thrillled Dazzle is back in the competitive scene. Makes for awesome aggression, lots of harrassment, clutch plays, split second decision making with regards to shallow grave casting (extend it for as long as you can, but if you fail your teammate dies).

Supports are pretty manly heroes generally and Dazzle is the manliest of em all.

slardar is just imbalanced as shit. his ult giving -10/15/20 armor for basically no mana and him having a free abyssal is just dumb. i remember playing a game the other day where i was doom with ac/mek and he'd still kill me with a handful of slaps. just looking at the patch notes you could see how stupid that thing was. he already dealt a ton of damage before this patch. now it's basically ssj spirit breaker

blink and sprint both not costing mana just adds insult to injury

slardar is just imbalanced as shit. his ult giving -10/15/20 armor for basically no mana and him having a free abyssal is just dumb. i remember playing a game the other day where i was doom with ac/mek and he'd still kill me with a handful of slaps. just looking at the patch notes you could see how stupid that thing was. he already dealt a ton of damage before this patch. now it's basically ssj spirit breaker

He's always been able to do that, though. In my experiences, a slar with BKB, AC and MKB outcarries damn near every carry in the game. In fact, I remember a Slar with that exact build destroying a 5-slotted AM. Those Bashes are frequent and go through bkb, and that damage amp is just insane. The problem until now has been putting Slar in situations early that lead to him getting that kind of farm/kills. Now he can with the mana cost buff and free blink. It's not like he can't get shit on. It's just...maybe picking AM into him isn't a good decision anymore.

ksan

If amplify was so incredibly unbalanced as you say, he'd be played in 2-1-2s all the time, where another hero could farm up instead. He'd need nothing else than BKB/Blink.
Practically every single pro game where he has been succesful has been him having near perfect cs for 8-10 mins, or getting way too many kills early, and then proceeding to force fights constantly.
Just because you died easily as one of the heroes which is the weakest against -armor doesn't mean slardar is imbalanced.

Demoli

He's always been able to do that, though. In my experiences, a slar with BKB, AC and MKB outcarries damn near every carry in the game. In fact, I remember a Slar with that exact build destroying a 5-slotted AM. Those Bashes are frequent and go through bkb, and that damage amp is just insane. The problem until now has been putting Slar in situations early that lead to him getting that kind of farm/kills. Now he can with the mana cost buff and free blink. It's not like he can't get shit on. It's just...maybe picking AM into him isn't a good decision anymore.

To be fair, Speed did pick AM before empired picked Slardar, and they had nothing but maybe dazzle hinting towards it, and it was pretty obvious they would have prefered Void instead (which got banned).

ksan

I think Chen was the worst pick that game, envy got way too little on the lane against clock/rubick.
Meanwhile slardar hit his item timings extremely early, even though he's probably one of the worst farmers of all carries. However, that doesn't matter very much when you're up against a nyx who's busy leeching exp off pulls.

sg didn't have very much to defend towers either, and an underfarmed AM can't do too much fast enough when the enemy team is just runninig around the map.

Still, sg was pretty damn close to bringing it to a kinda even point.

G.ZZZ

Pub win ratio, 53%.

Competitive, rarely seen.

So basically, Slardar is imbalanced because Green Biker Dude said so. Plus you're basically only posting whines in this thread. The game's free and you aren't obliged to play it or anything you know.

yeah he was good before but he's gotten buffed every patch. no mana for sprint, the -6 armor on the ultimate, the bonus for the bash and the no mana blink. the cooldown on sprint used to be 40 seconds even. some of these buffs were justified but no way it's balanced right now

If amplify was so incredibly unbalanced as you say, he'd be played in 2-1-2s all the time, where another hero could farm up instead. He'd need nothing else than BKB/Blink.
Practically every single pro game where he has been succesful has been him having near perfect cs for 8-10 mins, or getting way too many kills early, and then proceeding to force fights constantly.
Just because you died easily as one of the heroes which is the weakest against -armor doesn't mean slardar is imbalanced.

i know where this is coming from, so i'm just gonna say there weren't enough games with the new patch, that the professionals mostly just haven't realized how good it is at this point and it's gonna become the new alchemist pre 6.79 or lifestealer before the rage nerfs

Pub win ratio, 53%.

Competitive, rarely seen.

So basically, Slardar is imbalanced because Green Biker Dude said so. Plus you're basically only posting whines in this thread. The game's free and you aren't obliged to play it or anything you know.

yeah no. you can't stop me from posting here. take it to the mods or add me to your ignore list. i don't care

Shepard

Damn, only now I watched the Empire vs Sigma game 1. Farmed AM/TA vs farmed Void/Invoker is just the best thing ever, redally missed those heroes. And there was no need to afk farm too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom