• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

geetec

Neo Member
oh?

I thought i should "have fun"? instead of trying to win all the time?

Throwing a game on purpose ruins the fun of the other 4 people on your team, not to mention the other teams fun too. Plus you never know what can happen if you actually try.

Razzer

Really, everyone that has done more than 1 voice there impresses me because they're all so very, very different. I would not have been able to accurately guess that X person did Y and Z heroes. They're so distinct, even with accents.

I want to see Dennis, Harry and Jim step their games up.

Except Sam mowry <3

Shinypogs

Are the servers being weird lately? Yesterday and today I'm suddenly getting a lot of that red text incoming d/c warnings and those have never really happened to me before.

Tried to get my old HoN group to play some Dota 2 because I was sick of Solo Queue but they all hate it, back to solo queue I go

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
oh?

I thought i should "have fun"? instead of trying to win all the time?

Throwing games is the lowest of the low. Just don't fucking queue if you're going to be a moron and do things like that. Go have fun killing yourself in bot matches

I love when the enemy's offlane Bristleback leaves your lane, gets 2 kills and 2 assists and walks up to the lane 3 levels above you and kills you. Fun times

Karakand

Really, everyone that has done more than 1 voice there impresses me because they're all so very, very different. I would not have been able to accurately guess that X person did Y and Z heroes. They're so distinct, even with accents.

I was not shocked when I found out Queen of Pain and Luna were voiced by the same person.

NewGame

Banned
Hello DotA GAF,

Please do not forget
Heaven's_Halberd_icon.png
when playing DotA.

This has been an important services announcement of games in which everyone complains that Phantom Assassin/Ursa/Alchemist is overpowered.

kasane

Hello DotA GAF,

Please do not forget
when playing DotA.

This has been an important services announcement of games in which everyone complains that Phantom Assassin/Ursa/Alchemist is overpowered.

People complain that PA is op? OMG lol.

RS4-

Fuck Kunnka, doesn't matter that I'm bristleback and have 30 armor, he crits CM I still take 1500 damage and then die.

Haha :(

I'll have to check, but I disrupted the brood when she was "outside" the map, but she ended up back in the trees at the edges, in range of attacks.

iloled

Banned
Throwing games is the lowest of the low. Just don't fucking queue if you're going to be a moron and do things like that. Go have fun killing yourself in bot matches

I just really don't care anymore. I used to feel the same way as you but time after time i got teamed up with people who threw games and either didn't care or flamed me back.

I'm just giving back all the hate and malice they have given to me.

I used to feel the same way as you but time after time i got teamed up with people who threw games
Wait until your first Low Priority game

Also you're just making yourself lower in the bracket, making you be put with less skilled players. To get with better players you have to become better, not throw games until you're in such a low bracket you can't help but stomp.

Bleh.
Team can't gank, tells me to stop farming, I come help, centaur leaves to farm. I say to push top, Pudge and Centaur don't show up.

Could've taken it the wrong way, but Centaur said he could only play centaur. Should've know something was up when he started the match by blocking me from a kill.

I just really don't care anymore. I used to feel the same way as you but time after time i got teamed up with people who threw games and either didn't care or flamed me back.

Sometimes I get salty over dota, but this is god tier levels of salt. people were mean to you in dota , so now you just shit up people's games?

If you didn't care, you'd just suck it up like the rest of us.

This is what happens when you're a jags fan

lol, just noticed the new KotL staff's description
When the innocent gaze upon Heaven Sent's internal glow, their souls are awash with tranquility and respite from pain. The wicked cannot bear its light. This is a weapon for Keeper of Light.

Wow, a weapon for Keeper of the Light!?

(they just copied and pasted the description the contributor gave, apparently without proofreading)

grow up and stop being a baby

iloled

Banned
Wait until your first Low Priority game

Also you're just making yourself lower in the bracket, making you be put with less skilled players. To get with better players you have to become better, not throw games until you're in such a low bracket you can't help but stomp.

I have been in LP in at least 7 times. If you really want to get out of LP fast I don't even know why you are playing all pick. Just play coop bots and pick a fast pushing team

My mmr has dropped (from 4770 to 4500) and I don't see a difference. Just the same old teammates/opponents

I'm getting ansy. It seems like forever ago we got new hats. I was hoping for some this week, but that doesn't seem likely.

Hopefully we don't have to wait until the Year of the Horse update to get items

Phandy

Hello DotA GAF,

Please do not forget
when playing DotA.

One of my favorite items last 6 months. I love getting it on timbersaw. I love how carries just jump in and then have no idea what to do while they are disarmed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hello DotA GAF,

Please do not forget
when playing DotA.

bkb bro

but yeah, it's a cool item

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hello DotA GAF,

Please do not forget
when playing DotA.

Yeah a while back I had this Bristleback game where I knew their Ursa was going to fuck us up so like, the first thing I built after wand basically was a Halberd. I had it up by like 20 minutes and every time we fought their poor Ursa would just helplessly run around while we mopped them up

kasane

Holy fuck everybody in low prio is competitive. Im finding low prio more enjoyable than regular queue now. People also know how to play

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I have been in LP in at least 7 times. If you really want to get out of LP fast I don't even know why you are playing all pick. Just play coop bots and pick a fast pushing team

My mmr has dropped (from 4770 to 4500) and I don't see a difference. Just the same old teammates/opponents

How about you stop playing instead of subjecting people to your dogshit attitude.

Razzer

A simple fact of pubs: Your team-mates are not likely to pick two supports.

Because of this I have been picking supports a lot recently. Thing is, I always have cool ideas of how certain heroes would counter others, but every time I think it over in my head I go 'but I could just pick CM'. So I do. She's so versatile it's disgusting. Got a competent carry with you who can fight early? Get Nova and frostbite and go for kills. Need to babysit a hard carry? Excellent range means I can harass a ton. And if I'm not needed in lane or I'm just sitting around doing nothing I can rotate in to the jungle. Factor in an excellent roaming toolset to gank mid and I find she's the ultimate pub support. I always end up getting boots like 5-10 minutes in because I sacrifice myself for the team so much, courier, flying courier, all the wards, sentries if needed. But it's okay because the team snowballs off of it and I catch up through kill and assist gold. I'm just rambling but oh god why is this hero so good.

ElyrionX

It's so important to have a positive attitude to the game and to constantly learn and improve. Blaming random teammates you don't know will never get you far. Yesterday, I was LS and bought the courier, FFS. Tiny was a retard in lane with me and caused one or two of my early deaths. But I didn't really blamed him or scolded him in chat. That would have accomplished nothing. I ended up carrying the team and my final KDA was 20-5-18.

Of course, it helps that my mood has been good lately because I have been on a massive winning streak. For the last two months, my win-rate was stuck at 50% but for some reason I kept winning in boh ranked (solo and party) and unranked ever since they patched in ranked MM. My win-loss is now +18 and winrate is 52.6%.

I'm getting ansy. It seems like forever ago we got new hats. I was hoping for some this week, but that doesn't seem likely.

Hopefully we don't have to wait until the Year of the Horse update to get items

Christmas and then New Year Holiday. Before that we got the WK update with the Evergreen and the new Chest.

Seems fine to me.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Mind explaining how this is like a prom queen? I don't live in the states so I don't know how a prom queen is supposed to behave.

diva/prima donna syndrome--I'm going to throw, punish my team, and waste everyone's time, unless I deem my team worthy/competent

iloled

Banned
diva/prima donna syndrome--I'm going to throw, punish my team, and waste everyone's time, unless I deem my team worthy/competent

It's not about being competent. Being humble is more important for me. I don't really care if you are a void and go refresher. But if you call me a noob after that I'm going to go full retard. Rarely does anyone in my games admit their mistakes. If I make a mistake I will go "shit, my bad". Everyone else either disregards me/not reply/ or just quote my score which may be worse since i'm usually a support/offlaner. Then we go into an insulting competition.

If I tell them that their ward placement is wrong, (eg at the top rune, cliff ward nearer to the dire creep, if you place it too close to the ward, you lose vision of the upslope, I pointed this out and immediately got a "shut up and play your own game") At least admit your mistake. No one ever does that. Literally no one. except for me of course :D

Razzer

It's not about being competent. Being humble is more important for me. I don't really care if you are a void and go refresher. But if you call me a noob after that I'm going to go full retard. Rarely does anyone in my games admit their mistakes. If I make a mistake I will go "shit, my bad". Everyone else either disregards me/not reply/ or just quote my score which may be worse since i'm usually a support/offlaner. Then we go into an insulting competition.

If I tell them that their ward placement is wrong, (eg at the top rune, cliff ward nearer to the dire creep, if you place it too close to the ward, you lose vision of the upslope, I pointed this out and immediately got a "shut up and play your own game") At least admit your mistake. No one ever does that. Literally no one. except for me of course :D

A lot of people calling you out here, but I'm gonna try to be more constructive. It seems the biggest thing here is you don't like people insulting you (natural) and are quite sensitive. I have a friend just like it. I was watching him play one time and he got so mad he started feeding the courier just to spite his teammates. And the reason is he has anger and sensitivity issues. You need thick skin, in life or Dota. If you react badly to this kinda thing it just makes you seem like an ass and then you get more people hating. As can be seen here in this thread. Learn to phase out criticism and rise above it. So a guy called you noob, so what? Does his opinion really matter to you? There was a game on Sing's stream today where a Shadow fiend was calling him noob telling people to report him in all chat etc. Sing didn't react at all. Going by the webcam he may as well not have seen it. This is how you need to act, or it sounds like you are gonna just make things not enjoyable for yourself.

Now that I think about there is a clip I have seen at some point which is perfect for this. Let me find it.

Edit: welp no luck it disappeared. Oh well.

ElyrionX

You can't control how other people behave. You can only control your own behavior and how you react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom