• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

another gafhouse draws to a close~

i wish i could play this good every second of every game for the rest of my life

http://i.minus.com/i5wRymUSBUSuk.gif

Damn I left right before that game started, good stuff.

Secret to solo queue: mute button.

See, I would love to do that for half the people I run into, but sometimes it means you're sacrificing good missing calls, etc.

Dat thread title change.

Moody are you okay? Post if you are okay!

ViviOggi

See, I would love to do that for half the people I run into, but sometimes it means you're sacrificing good missing calls, etc.

With the real shittalkers you're not missing anything besides the occasional miss call in my experience, which isn't that crucial to begin with if you have okay map awareness. Not worth it.

Hylian7

another gafhouse draws to a close~

i wish i could play this good every second of every game for the rest of my life

i5wRymUSBUSuk.gif

Got dayum.

Dat thread title change.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/7/72/Earthspi_battlebegins_01.mp3

I admit I'm a scumbag Earth Spirit picker, but I really enjoy this hero and can't wait to see him become balanced.

Mohasus

Usually this kind of player doesn't care about the other and doesn't say anything useful. I think the only time something like this happened was when a muted mirana paused the game to ask if I were afk, because I wouldn't take the wards she bought from the courier (I was playing with a friend and he told me this).

And I'll dodge a match if there is a muted guy on my team during the loading screen.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Muuuuuuuuuushi mid SK to finish up everything is so great. Fabulous.

t1bjHUe.jpg

Yep, Kaolin broken. Hazaro is a scumbag for playing him. <3
It's hard to handle your crushing (8/7/10) defeats when your team loses because you can do everything except hard-carry like some of the best heroes in the game.

*wow such hate, Earth Spirit is more than than Doto

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
earth spirit is so fkn broken it's just a cruel joke at this point, 6.80 plz.

probably the closest thing to an s2 hero in dota, maybe icefrog stole his design from nome

Hylian7

earth spirit is so fkn broken it's just a cruel joke at this point, 6.80 plz.

probably the closest thing to an s2 hero in dota, maybe icefrog stole his design from nome
You... Take that back you hontrash! :p

On a serious notes, opinions of what reasonable nerfs would be? Probably damage on his spells is a good start. Maybe even making the Grip range scale like the Smash range.

ViviOggi

On a serious notes, opinions of what reasonable nerfs would be? Probably damage on his spells is a good start. Maybe even making the Grip range scale like the Smash range.

I'd be interested in seeing what happened if they simply removed the silence component altogether.

Stones must be on the field for 1.5 seconds before they can be used in his skills.

This kills the Kaolin

Hylian7

Stones must be on the field for 1.5 seconds before they can be used in his skills.

I had another idea I forgot to mention: Max of 4 rocks instead of 6.

I'd be interested in seeing what happens if they simply removed the silence component altogether.

I doubt that will happened. I think it might change to a flat 2 or 3 seconds at all levels. If they did remove it, they would need some new incentive to kick the rocks.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

imo neuter his stat gains (something like 1.8/1.5/1.5) and give him the wisp treatment on geomagnetic grip--slows instead of stuns. Also that silence needs to be 4s max, especially considering that it can be reapplied.

He's a hero with a free force staff, hook (guaranteed hit), AoE silence, insane damage (both AoE and single target), high mobility, 2400 range initiation, an 80% AS/MS slow, a stun, and all his abilities are on relatively low CDs (or technically on low CDs, since his ulti can reapply shit). He needs shit stats, and he really could stand to lose his stun, as it stands he pretty much does everything.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'll say this again:
Touch his roll damage (Remove) and pull damage (Scaling) first. This hampers early first bloods, harass, and laning.
A reduction on silence time and stun duration imo would also be acceptable.

Demoli

I love playing Earth spirit, and i think nerfing rocks to 4 would be a bit too much. I'd suggest maybe reducing Grip range on allies but not on rocks? That is his most unfair ability by a country mile.

Alternatively, raise his Spells' manacost, they are a bit too low atm.

Razzer

I agree with Anbokr. Lower his stats and stat gain and he will have more mana issues, be less tanky, and won't be able to rightclick at all. This makes his skills all he has which is fine because they are so damn good. It could also force him to buy a couple of items to make up for it, whereas now he can build whatever he needs to become an unstoppable force.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I agree with Anbokr. Lower his stats and stat gain and he will have more mana issues, be less tanky, and won't be able to rightclick at all. This makes his skills all he has which is fine because they are so damn good. It could also force him to buy a couple of items to make up for it, whereas now he can build whatever he needs to become an unstoppable force.

Unstoppable force? He's not that broken. I mean sure early to mid he's a game changer as he can set the tone and gain an advantage for the team but like a Nightstalker or a Puck it won't mean much if the game goes late.

I think the issue is the stun...it's near instant. You can't react.

Unstoppable force? He's not that broken. I mean sure early to mid he's a game changer as he can set the tone and gain an advantage for the team but like a Nightstalker or a Puck it won't mean much if the game goes late.

He has much more impact and utility than either of those heroes. It's not even comparable.

Razzer

In ranked Notail instapicks him then repicks just so he doesn't have to deal with him. Dude is broken as fuck man.

Low Tier
earth spirit in his current form is so strong that even if icefrog removed the damage on his non-ulti spells he'd still be a good hero.

F#A#Oo

Banned
In ranked Notail instapicks him then repicks just so he doesn't have to deal with him. Dude is broken as fuck man.

I'm not a fan of blunting heroes just for the sake of blunting heroes because people don't want to have to deal with or make time to do something about it.

Such balancing is detrimental to the game.

The fact that people (in this very thread) admit to picking him in all of their games to win because they're incapable of doing so with the other 100 some odd heroes speaks volumes.

Razzer

I'm not a fan of blunting heroes just for the sake of blunting heroes because people don't want to have to deal with or make time to do something about it.

Such balancing is detrimental to the game.

The difference is he isn't just an annoying hero who's counters are tedious like PL was or Brood. He's legitimately too strong even if you counterpick him. He needs nerfing.

Edit: I guess I should have said 'because he can't deal with him' rather than 'doesn't want to'.

FACE

Banned
I thought that I was being wrecked by Earth Spirits because I'm a noob and a bad player, turns out those are not the only reasons!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I am really loving Lone Druid lately, but oh man does his bear bro go squish late game. Feel useless if the game isn't over by 35 minutes or so. :[

earth spirit in his current form is so strong that even if icefrog removed the damage on his non-ulti spells he'd still be a good hero.

Depressingly true.

ViviOggi

Team Zephyr interviews by courtesy of Cyborgmatt

Anyone else find it weird how they're emphasizing the jungling part of Purge's role? Sounds like they'll always try to go for a jungler which seems kind of volatile. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Demoli

I am really loving Lone Druid lately, but oh man does his bear bro go squish late game. Feel useless if the game isn't over by 35 minutes or so. :[

If you go AC after radiance, as you should 90% of the time, bear actually has a decent amount of tank. You shouldn't be the only carry on your team though.

Razzer

If you go AC after radiance, as you should 90% of the time, bear actually has a decent amount of tank. You shouldn't be the only carry on your team though.
The bear obviously does a lot of damage, but how is the Druid in combat at level 25 with items? With the bear falling off late game I was wondering whether the Druid makes up for it later.

The bear obviously does a lot of damage, but how is the Druid in combat at level 25 with items? With the bear falling off late game I was wondering whether the Druid makes up for it later.
He makes up for it by having twice as many items as anyone else on the map.

Demoli

You say this but some pros have mentioned that the bear dies too quickly that late on to physical damage to be there for long. Is their truth to that?

You need a shift in playstyle late game with Sylla. You need to start treating the bear like if it was a valuable hero and not a front line tank, be more careful with it and attack after your team initated or soemthng along those lines.

As for very lategame sylla, it all depends. You can go a carry build with basher, butterfly, mkb/daedalus etc, or you can go disable heavy, which I prefer. Sheep, heart, Vlads, Orchid are all good items that you can get with excess farm that could herlp more than mroe damage would. Also worth noting that Sylla'sult for reduces bat, so attack speed items will really benefit you, alongside a basher or abyssal. I've only reached 6+ items once, in this game.

iloled

Banned
great, i just had a naga who slept right after my global silence. We then proceeded to get team wiped and drop btm tower to broodmother. he then proceeded to blame me.

great fucking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom