• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

>_>

It's from Pay It Forward.

woodland

Literally no one. except for me of course :D

Then admit your mistake and stop being a shitter that throws people under the bus if he doesn't like them. By acting the same as you do, you lower yourself to their level and continue the cycle. I used to think it was a good idea but it's really just being a shitty asshole.

Mute them, accept the loss, and play another game or get off. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, and you don't have to be a genius to see it.

Peace out bud, maybe your next few games will be good.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
It's not about being competent. Being humble is more important for me. I don't really care if you are a void and go refresher. But if you call me a noob after that I'm going to go full retard. Rarely does anyone in my games admit their mistakes. If I make a mistake I will go "shit, my bad". Everyone else either disregards me/not reply/ or just quote my score which may be worse since i'm usually a support/offlaner. Then we go into an insulting competition.

If I tell them that their ward placement is wrong, (eg at the top rune, cliff ward nearer to the dire creep, if you place it too close to the ward, you lose vision of the upslope, I pointed this out and immediately got a "shut up and play your own game") At least admit your mistake. No one ever does that. Literally no one. except for me of course :D

Congrats then, despite thinking you reside on the high horse of reasonable attitude you are part of the cancer that is solo q. Enjoy pushing forward the perpetual cycle of: my teammates threw last game so I'm mad and I'm going to throw.

Artanisix

It's not about being competent. Being humble is more important for me. I don't really care if you are a void and go refresher. But if you call me a noob after that I'm going to go full retard. Rarely does anyone in my games admit their mistakes. If I make a mistake I will go "shit, my bad". Everyone else either disregards me/not reply/ or just quote my score which may be worse since i'm usually a support/offlaner. Then we go into an insulting competition.

If I tell them that their ward placement is wrong, (eg at the top rune, cliff ward nearer to the dire creep, if you place it too close to the ward, you lose vision of the upslope, I pointed this out and immediately got a "shut up and play your own game") At least admit your mistake. No one ever does that. Literally no one. except for me of course :D

roll eyes

You're exactly why people hate the moba communities.

Razzer

I don't know. As an announcer he could get annoying fast.

Lina, however, has been great. I've been using her pack almost non-stop. Now I just need a CM one.

I want a Zeus one purely so he can say 'Zeuslike!' when you get godlike streaks.

IceMarker

Game server took a shit in the middle of a game we were winning until our main farmed carry abandoned as a result of shaky servers and only to find out it might have not recorded. (EDIT: According to DOTABUFF it recorded. Sigh.)

What a roller coaster.

fiore

Banned

I respect the humble attitude. I actually call out if I mess up also, "mb". And for the most part ppl are all "np" "its cool". Its all because we are still owning even if I make a mistake.

Players in general will generally be more willing to listen if you call out and make suggestions BEFORE the mistake occurs. Not many will be willing to listen if you just try and fix a mistake they made. Also, see what kind of person they are. If they spew out troll like words and show inappropriate statements, don't bother with suggesting. They are still part of a team, though. Don't forget that.

Maybe the bad and rude players on a team that are actively ruining everyone's play experience are being bad and rude because they feel like their behavior is justified by other people being awful teammates.

iloled

Banned
I respect the humble attitude. I actually call out if I mess up also, "mb". And for the most part ppl are all "np" "its cool". Its all because we are still owning even if I make a mistake.

Players in general will generally be more willing to listen if you call out and make suggestions BEFORE the mistake occurs. Not many will be willing to listen if you just try and fix a mistake they made. Also, see what kind of person they are. If they spew out troll like words and show inappropriate statements, don't bother with suggesting. They are still part of a team, though. Don't forget that.

Call out suggestions before the mistake occurs? Sorry but unlike you, I can't keep track of their gold, skills and item build. Neither can i preempt problems. How do you preempt something before the mistake happens? Please tell me.

I don't know about your server but in mine (SEA aka tryhard central) mb means maybe

Sometimes they don't even care. (eg my void had a bfury, then he got another perser, I immediately said, "void what are you getting") he stayed quiet the whole game.

Then went to use his double chrono and die

BigAT

The only game he posted for evaluation he had the most deaths on his team and the least kills+assists. But it's everyone else's fault.

iloled

Banned
You seem really mad at this Void of yours.
well I think a void who has free farm for quite some time would be expected to do something useful.

but nope, he went refresher after his bfury and remained silent throughout the game.
tell us how the void makes you feel

I was annoyed but it wasn't so bad. At least he remained silent. The worse ones would be people who are bad yet keep calling you noob in caps throughout the game.

I keep using the refresher void because it stands out in my head. The first time I had a refresher void in my game.

Shinypogs

Noob questions time;

Is it okay to have both mek and urn on the same hero?

If I am garbage at switching my treads around should I just buy different boots when playing Mirana, or is it fine to just leave them on one setting?

How long does it take to learn the distance of certain things? Sometimes I swear a shackleshot should work but it seems like the tree or enemy hero/ creep it would tie my target to is just out of range.

When will the game stop being confusing? I feel like at 260 hours I should understand things so much better. Is it a matter of needing to play consistently with the same people who can teach me specific things (I've just been soloing in all pick mostly with a little solo random draft) or am I not absorbing knowledge in general fast enough?

iloled

Banned
Noob questions time;

If I am garbage at switching my treads around should I just buy different boots when playing Mirana, or is it fine to just leave them on one setting?

How long does it take to learn the distance of certain things? Sometimes I swear a shackleshot should work but it seems like the tree or enemy hero/ creep it would tie my target to is just out of range.

When will the game stop being confusing? I feel like at 260 hours I should understand things so much better. Is it a matter of needing to play consistently with the same people who can teach me specific things (I've just been soloing in all pick mostly with a little solo random draft) or am I not absorbing knowledge in general fast enough?
1. why not?
2. at lower tiers it really doesn't matter. just keep it at strength if you want.
3. how long it takes to learn something depends on your learning capacity and speed

antigoon

I played a couple games as Dazzle tonight. A friendly Slark and I won SO many fights we had no business winning. Super super fun.

Tobe

Noob questions time;

dota eventually is gonna click, try watching pro games. in pubs try new things. practice.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can anyone join these; or are they reserved for the elitegaf?

Anyone can join, but don't be surprised when you're laning against someone from a much higher bracket and they don't pull their punches.

fiore

Banned
Call out suggestions before the mistake occurs? Sorry but unlike you, I can't keep track of their gold, skills and item build. Neither can i preempt problems. How do you preempt something before the mistake happens? Please tell me.

I don't know about your server but in mine (SEA aka tryhard central) mb means maybe

Sometimes they don't even care. (eg my void had a bfury, then he got another perser, I immediately said, "void what are you getting") he stayed quiet the whole game.

Then went to use his double chrono and die
Mb aka my bad
As for calling out mistakes, its mainly when they want to initiate a team fight when its not ideal to.

I queue in us west/east..so I don't have any say unfortunately

Dina

Calling out / helping people with their item build can backfire as often as not. It works best at the start of the game, I've found. So if the enemy team has 3 carries and you have 1, it's generally fine to ask your carry to focus on end-game items. If possible, you want to push for their defences around the 20-30 mark.

But then again, asking them to do it and then having the carry reply 'need mkb butterfly manta b4 fight noob' is generally an indication how this game is going to go. Then again, what it shows you is that it needs to come from you, so you can drop the hard support role for items or a skillbuild that will let you kill stuff.

I dont know how many of you follow Purge, but he just announced that he has created a Pro team and is now in the Korean Dota league with his team.
More info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91f6-Wr6cjY

Man, the guy answering the door made me want to go teach people how to walk. I did some runway modeling back in College and that's the first thing that gets cleaned up...and once it's cleaned up, seeing #strugglstrides hurt.

I remember Purge saying his level was comparable to high for a pro Korean player since they're just getting the game. Good to see him help out is husbando Blitz.

Razzer

On the one hand I like purge and maybe with some hard training he can get better, but on the other if he isn't as good as elite-gaf then will he stand up to being pro? It is certainly a good thing they are starting in Korea. Also I wonder if they are doing this because Blitz asked after he was kinda hung out to dry by his previous team after giving up a ton to move to Korea.

docbon

another gafhouse draws to a close~

i wish i could play this good every second of every game for the rest of my life

i5wRymUSBUSuk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom