• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So what's the required score for every rank?

S - 10 mil
SS - 50 mil?
SSS - ???

inkls

Wasn't there a rumor on how Sun wukong was pretending to be the beast? Guess thats debunked since the beast's tail is normal

docbon

could this be the update to stop all the hijinks?

- Ingot drop rate doubled
- Added a chance of finding the Redhoof Courier in the Bloom Harvest and Bloom Bounty Jade Token rewards.
- The Shopkeeper in the Year Beast fight now has limited stock of Firework Mines and Scare the Beast flags.
- Wraith King’s Vampiric Aura has no effect against the Year Beast.
- Ursa’s Fury Swipes have no effect against the Year Beast.

welp

w e l p

Loam

"- Wraith King’s Vampiric Aura has no effect against the Year Beast.
- Ursa’s Fury Swipes have no effect against the Year Beast."

Welp

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Opened a Bounty and got CK's Armlet. Cool.

Time to go mythical shopping
RIP wallet

Loam

My friends and I were waiting for everyone to be off work so we could give getting one of those couriers a legitimate go. Guess that kind of backfired. I'm hoping there's going to be multiple runs at this thing otherwise nobody is going to even come close to catching those pre-nerf ursa numbers.

JustinBB7

It would be pretty boring with everybody beating it with the same heroes. Have to find new stuff now, might be the point. It was pretty boring already anyway :(

sephi22

Problem is everyone who exploited the WK Ursa Warlock strat is pretty much guaranteed a Jadehoof now.

The rest of us plebs now have to fight to get into the 10% for a Redhoof. Fuck Valve

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah one of my blank spots from a Bounty was replaced with a Redhoof. So those things will be pretty common overall.

Also it's Common for some reason, and is totally broken. Doesn't work in preview or in game.

geetec

Neo Member
Hmm, I really starting to think there's only about 17 hours left of this shit. I don't think think it's the cycle. Can anyone confirm?

also, any other good combos that you guys know of?

la_briola

Well i would say that they should hand out the Redhoofs for those 10% and then restart it since with the new patch you cant get even close to those scores so it would just be pre patch people automatically getting the items

I agree with that. Just start a new cycle.

Just confirmed, this mode is not fun anymore. Everyone dies in about 2 seconds and kiting is possible, but not really viable since you can't kite long enough to respawn anyone

Oh well, fun while it lasted. Too bad it had to be like this.

There are other heroes in the game lol. Probably other combos and broken shit too.

geetec

Neo Member
Wow. So the prices of the Bloom Bounty's just completely doubled in the store.

Sorry to the guys who just sold a stack of them for half the price.

Duran

Did Valve screw over people who work in west coast? Just got home from work and the patch hit. How are we supposed to compete for the Jadehoof courier?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The dream is dead people. Ursa and WK both nerfed out of the fight. The price on Bloom Bounty on the marketplace shot from $3 to $12 in the span of about 1 minute and they are still disappearing faster than you can F5 the page.

Ed: Make that $20. Jesus. I just witnessed a feeding frenzy in real time. At any time I could have pulled the trigger and bought some but I didn't. I feel like a fool for opening the one that I did get.

Man, this gives me mixed feelings about Dota's special holiday game modes.

Everyone always asks for them, Valve delivers, and then everyone complains about them.

Maybe Valve really shouldn't have given Diretide.

Atlantis

So is the any info on the Year Beast Parts that are needed for crafting?

I just want my Wardfish so I can put this event behind me.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So is the any info on the Year Beast Parts that are needed for crafting?

I just want my Wardfish so I can put this event behind me.

Parts are still in the game, recipes are not according to Cyborg. No way to acquire either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom