• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this gives me mixed feelings about Dota's special holiday game modes.

Everyone always asks for them, Valve delivers, and then everyone complains about them.

Maybe Valve really shouldn't have given Diretide.

People didn't complain about Wraith Night. Much.

Raid Bosses are dumb in a game like this.

Manus

So I got the inscribed Redhoof courier out of the Bloom Harvest chest, but it's only a common. Looks awesome though.

The dream is dead people. Ursa and WK both nerfed out of the fight. The price on Bloom Bounty on the marketplace shot from $3 to $12 in the span of about 1 minute and they are still disappearing faster than you can F5 the page.

Ed: Make that $20. Jesus. I just witnessed a feeding frenzy in real time. At any time I could have pulled the trigger and bought some but I didn't. I feel like a fool for opening the one that I did get.

Someone is hoarding those bloom bounties.

Few minutes ago its 7pages. Now only 1.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Someone is hoarding those bloom bounties.

Few minutes ago its 7pages. Now only 1.

Yep. The best part is, even without cheesing the beast it's not THAT hard to farm enough jade tokens to buy one. I've spent about 10k jade tokens just opening chests in stuff in the last week just from playing normal games.

Baha

Not sure if Valve will bother fixing this but, if you slot an auspicious item with one of the untradeable gems you received from the chests everyone else got for lvls 1-10, the auspicious item will remain tradeable and even marketable.

Gav47

I think Valve have paused listing to the market, no way someone hasn't gotten a Bloom bounty in the last hour and not wanted to sell it.

Everyone always asks for them, Valve delivers, and then everyone complains about them.

Sounds like my inbox right about now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The best solution would be to simply give all participating players whatever special courier there is, rather than turn it into some kind of contest, because that immediately takes the "fun" out of it.

People just want an egalitarian experience.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sounds like my inbox right about now.

Matt, how dare you make the mode so lousy we have to farm up forever no one can get that much there are tons of exploits why did you fix the exploits the bloom bounties have devalued the entire item exconmmy it takes to many tokens to get the blood bounty give horse tide this new holiday mode sucks why can we only play this holiday mode for 24 hours I have work this mode gets old so fast.

Am I right in guessing thats how your inbox sounds right now?

KingKong

I think they're trying to do something that's an event, a way for people to get hats and a way for them to make money, but that doesn't really work because the events arent that fun and neither is grinding for hats that, thanks to the market, are dirt cheap now.

I dont think anyone would be complaining if they added, say, Pudge Wars, instead of this raid boss

e: RAD for example doesnt have a bunch of heroes with crazy interactions in it but no one complains because its still fun

Renoir

Just had a game with some Gaffers.

If you played with Itsuno, just know you guys rocked it, havent had a good game in a loooooooong time.

so thank you.

Hupsel

Just had a game with some Gaffers.

If you played with Itsuno, just know you guys rocked it, havent had a good game in a loooooooong time.

so thank you.

Hey I played Luna! Other gaffer was our healer/support/lifeguard Omni haha!

Great game! Very cool since both sides played well. Dat sneaky Death prophet... Add later for more games :) Im privatebundy

geetec

Neo Member
Guys found another exploit. (Thanks to the guys over at FacePunch!)

Basically pick Visage and send the birds to the corner of the map.

Beast stands still, and you just keep attacking. Ez Jades.

n4d3.png

BraXzy

The question is now.. will every attempt be held against the 800 million+ attempts pre-patch or will they have reset the highscore count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom