• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

ROAD TO 3k TIME BOYS

edit: also, TB is silly fun... don't try to gank him without a silence, sunder make it almost impossible lol

Forkball

Ran Year Beast twice. Got an auspicious Coco the Courageous Courier and an auspicious Tory the Sky Guardian courier, both $13 each in the store. GG Valve. I also got the DK sword in the bloom harvest box and it was inscribed with a custom stance and a gold spent counter, pretty cool.

dayum, mind sharing?

we had troll, huskar, visage, drow and slardar.

I have a plan to maximize damage on him. I'm gonna need 4 people with at least 950 ingots. If you have it and have time over the next 12 hours, my plan will put us in the 55 million range.

But it doesn't work outside of everyone having enough gold to buy the right items.

RS4-

GGs tonight, very gg to that PL and BM that had 0 ingot and got a free 4k from us lol.

Bastards.

Hopefully Visage not patched tomorrow and I have better luck with these stupid chests

But yeah my high is 300m, was nice hitting the 199.6 with the stack earlier.

I need living nelum to make the jade dragon :(

can someone trade? I have quite a few items

I bought the recipe and it required the equine helmet. I sold the recipe for 20 cents. Right after that I trade tokens for the key, chest has the equine. Too bad my recipe sold seconds earlier. Look for recipe in market, it's a buck.

Lol.

I don't know if I'll craft the courier.

I might just continue buying the 3k chest or just hold on to keys for the market.

Mohasus

we had troll, huskar, visage, drow and slardar.

I have a plan to maximize damage on him. I'm gonna need 4 people with at least 950 ingots. If you have it and have time over the next 12 hours, my plan will put us in the 55 million range.

But it doesn't work outside of everyone having enough gold to buy the right items.

Save it for the next cycle. You can't compete against ursa swipes. :(

Nirvana

Anyone up for doing this Visage thing while it's still not patched? Need a 5 stack since I don't trust randoms

Edit: It would be funny if Sunder worked on the beast and you just took away some infinite number of health instantly and crashed Dota forever.

Anyone up for doing this Visage thing while it's still not patched? Need a 5 stack since I don't trust randoms

Edit: It would be funny if Sunder worked on the beast and you just took away some infinite number of health instantly and crashed Dota forever.

I am, i have 6100 tokens as well so I can do a few runs
I have no idea how to do any of this though so I'll need a few practice runs or something :\

Nirvana

I am, i have 6100 tokens as well so I can do a few runs
I have no idea how to do any of this though so I'll need a few practice runs or something :\

I think it's just a case of working out fast DPS at this point, since the Visage bug seems broken enough to work with any hero. Thinking Drow might be good, because of her general agi gain from her ult, would give her more DPS than the average hero.

I'll PM you my steam

Mordeccai

I'm in too, steam name is DetectiveKimble. Want to use up these 4k tokens I have for something now that the warlock sk ursa method got patched out

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For you item buffs out there, the Governor's Salakot or the Scythe of Ice are no longer obtainable, they have been removed from the drop pool.

I think it's just a case of working out fast DPS at this point, since the Visage bug seems broken enough to work with any hero. Thinking Drow might be good, because of her general agi gain from her ult, would give her more DPS than the average hero.

I'll PM you my steam

Ok I added you on steam
guess we need 3 more then

is there any ideal way to do this (efficient spending of tokens for gold?)
ima try it once with visage in a 'for real' match, tried the visage thing in a practise one and it worked well

does buying the favor work in the beast gamemode to get more tokens?

edit: also just did it in the proper mode and the bird thing failed<.< wtf it worked fine before

sixghost

How do you do the bug then? Just autoattack the beast with the birds and send them to the top left of the screen?

You just send the birds to the top left of the screen, agro the beat with anything, then eventually he will target the birds and get stuck. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes he chases you around for a while. There's probably a way to get it stuck right away, but you really don't need it to get 10,000,000.

fallagin

This axe Im playing with has a vangaurd, blink dagger, heavenly halberd, shiva guard and mithral hammer. Truly saddening ;_;

Yup, been fixed. Three games now i've played that he's refused to go for the birds.

Got like 5 crates out of it, so i'm not too upset.

Daedalux

Neo Member
Is it really going to end today guise? :(

I only had time to do 1 or 2 sessions of it and got my Jade Courier, but I wanted to take a chance on those bounties.. only if I wasn't locked at work until late!

Forkball

Imagine working for hours on this Year Beast thing. Meetings discussing how it should work, developing the AI, modeling the animation, drawing the textures, creating an entire new map etc. They probably worked overtime, couldn't see their families, ate cold ramen out of a cup just to get this thing done. And then in like an hour a bunch of people break it, and then surf the internet as their hero automurders this boss and cash in their rewards for the rarest items in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom