• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana

The game still feels like Diretide without the first half. Which means half the fun is gone.

Also, is anyone else getting a relatively lot of Redhoofs from Bloom Bounties? My last 2 have been Redhoofs. I'm afraid to sell or open my last 5 bounties.

Want to swap for an Axe Axe? Haha

Honestly though, they need to stop making fucking axes for Axe and swords for Sven, nobody wants them.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I thought it was supposed to mimic wow raiding or whatever, didn't those take hours

No. Individual WoW boss fights last between 5-10 minutes on average. The beast is an individual boss fight that lasts 25 minutes with 3 basic mechanics--auto attack, torrents, and balls of death. WoW raiding involves multiple bosses with differing mechanics and difficulty tiers.

The best "WoW-like" experience I had in warcraft3 was probably the mod WoW arena. You had a 10 minute gauntlet PvE phase where you ran from hall to hall, clearing as many bosses as you can, as quickly as you can for loot. After the 10 minutes, you'd be teleported into an arena and have a 5v5 death match face off, winning team was rewarded with gold that could be used to purchase even more items. This went on for around 3 or so rounds. Great mod.

No. Individual boss fights last between 5-10 minutes on average. The beast is an individual boss fight that lasts 25 minutes with 3 basic mechanics--auto attack, torrents, and balls of death. WoW raiding involves multiple bosses with differing mechanics and difficulty tiers.

The best "WoW-like" experience I had in warcraft3 was probably the mod WoW arena. You had a 10 minute gauntlet PvE phase where you ran from hall to hall, clearing as many bosses as you can, as quickly as you can for loot. After the 10 minutes, you'd be teleported into an arena and have a 5v5 death match face off, winning team was rewarded with gold that could be used to purchase even more items. This went on for around 3 or so rounds. Great mod.

That mod sounds like a lot of fun

pls volvo

No. Individual WoW boss fights last between 5-10 minutes on average. The beast is an individual boss fight that lasts 25 minutes with 3 basic mechanics--auto attack, torrents, and balls of death. WoW raiding involves multiple bosses with differing mechanics and difficulty tiers.

I miss that WC3 map that came with RoC/TFT that was basically Diablo. That was good fun but I can't remember what it was called.

Internets

Does anyone know if the Beast will come back again? Or how long this event will go on for? I don't know if I should just use my Jade tokens yet or save up

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Year beast is gone again. Guess an update will come in like 20 minutes once everyone finishes their last batch of games, hope I win a prize again.

Nirvana

You just need a Master Artificer's Hammer to extract the gems and then they can be socketed like anything else right? You don't need an extra item to socket prismatics etc. do you?

shira

You just need a Master Artificer's Hammer to extract the gems and then they can be socketed like anything else right? You don't need an extra item to socket prismatics etc. do you?

What a courier? MAH smashes unusual courier and you get the gems.
If you want to add those gems to another unusual courier you don't need another socket - unusual couriers come with 2.

You can't just add sockets to normal couriers to get ethereal and prismatic slots.

I wonder if Valve will ever reveal how many chests were offered up.

Beast comes back Monday Evening.
Not really worth it anymore is it?

IceMarker

I really wish IceFrog would nerf split pushing into oblivion. It would make my fucking year. Something ridiculous like making all towers invulnerable unless 2 heroes are within 2400 range of it.

Split pushing/rat dota is the cheapest strategy any team can employ in matchmaking. All it comes down to is two questions "Is my team in a team fight?" and "Do I have damage items?" means "OH BOY TIME TO BE A PRICK"

Especially infuriating when your team/picks are not even remotely ready to deal with it. Pushing the enemy base? Oh boy this Lycan is gonna have fun with your tier 3's asshole. Fucking bullshit of the highest order.

Don't even get me started on decent Furion players who are never on my team.

shira

That was what I meant. What a stupid system just to get an unusual effect, just let me socket the fucking thing.

IF
- you don't care for supporting the community
- you don't care about showing off your e-peen to others
you can just use mods.

1457546_556925661043477_811313965_n.jpg

621140_527749267294450_1523588249_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom