• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I didn't deserve a win with this Ursa on my team. I'm so sorry Satch.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/511614251

At one point I asked him why he didn't use his BKB and he said "Does that stand for Black King Bar? I dunno lol"

Times when you wish your team didn't speak English...

ed: we both came immediately to GAF to complain about it

ed2: I shouldn't have checked his dotabuff, he has 800 games played and now I think it might be time to retire from Dota.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Does anyone know where I can find the Speed vs Fnatic games from today? I can't find them anywhere

OD dropped it at the very end during the enemy teams last push

damn....looks like OD did really well too. Looks like he could have used a Ghost Scepter.

I know they nerfed it on Huskar, but OD can still Q while Ghost Scepter'd, right? It would have let him man fight Ursa and Mirana.

edit: it's a shame Veno and Earth Spirit didn't get more farm. When a game goes that long, everyone needs to have items to contribute. In a match lasting 70 minutes, you really want veno to get that Sheep stick online, and for ESpirit to get...idunno what. Maybe an AC? Team probably needed one more true right-clicker.

Hey I was just the ward bitch!

SMH.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
damn.

who dropped the rapier? surely that wasn't darkseer's.

also, was it Ursa's blademail that screwed you over?

edit: double-damn. fucked by a GAFer.

damn....looks like OD did really well too. Looks like he could have used a Ghost Scepter.

I know they nerfed it on Huskar, but OD can still Q while Ghost Scepter'd, right? It would have let him man fight Ursa and Mirana.

edit: it's a shame Veno and Earth Spirit didn't get more farm. When a game goes that long, everyone needs to have items to contribute. In a match lasting 70 minutes, you really want veno to get that Sheep stick online, and for ESpirit to get...idunno what. Maybe an AC? Team probably needed one more true right-clicker.
Dude no you don't understand. The final like half hour of that game everybody on my team was actively avoiding all combat and ratdota'ing the shit out of them. We wiped once about mid way thru the game due to all the AoE magic damage, they got our mid rax and then aside from footsies I didn't see a single team fight the rest of the game. It was the scummiest game I've ever been apart of.

Karakand

Dude no you don't understand. The final like half hour of that game everybody on my team was actively avoiding all combat and ratdota'ing the shit out of them. We wiped once about mid way thru the game due to all the AoE magic damage, they got our mid rax and then aside from footsies I didn't see a single team fight the rest of the game. It was the scummiest game I've ever been apart of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeODnnt4cWg

Volodja

No he can't, they took out Orb Walking while Ethereal completely.

oh man one of those matches. lol

No he can't, they took out Orb Walking while Ethereal completely.

noted.

So when you're midding as Zeus, apparently you have to play support as well?

Just had a Slark rage at me (he did almost as bad) because I "only" bought Flying courier, despite "Your role is mid and support."

I was never told to do this, and we had a Venge in the game.

Is this a thing, or just butthurt douchebag?

Just had a Slark rage at me (he did almost as bad) because I "only" bought Flying courier, despite "Your role is mid and support."

No, but if you have a team of Zeus + 4 people dumb enough to pick carries, it's probably best for you to.

When I play Zeus mid I generally buy wards and sentries as well. But that's more because my teammates almost never buy them.

How many supports did you have in your team. Ideally you wouldn't want your Venge to have to buy all the support items.

Razzer

If you went mid, then you should not have to support. The whole point of going mid is that the solo exp in combination with farm allows you to control the mid game. Obviously if you buy support items you can't do this. Slark was dumb.

That said, I have been forced to go mid as cm after buying wards and courier against a Shadow Fiend and bought support items all game and still rolled them, killing SF in lane twice and both him and Clinkz when they came to gank me. That was a fun game.

Sanjay

Then how do you stop it? We would gank invoker, be half health then die from Zeus ult and prophets ult. Couldn't team push then we get AA ulted into a prophet ult. Our supports couldn't even leave base without dying.

We were doing fine till Zeus and prophet got Sceptar. By the time we all had BKB's it was useless.

Win your lanes, they have no late game, you don't need to gank them, farm creeps all day everyday. Keep you carry safe, push lanes then run, Rat dota.

What hero line up did you guys have?

I didn't deserve a win with this Ursa on my team. I'm so sorry Satch.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/511614251

At one point I asked him why he didn't use his BKB and he said "Does that stand for Black King Bar? I dunno lol"

Times when you wish your team didn't speak English...

ed: we both came immediately to GAF to complain about it

ed2: I shouldn't have checked his dotabuff, he has 800 games played and now I think it might be time to retire from Dota.

Reminds me of the time I had a game as Dire where at the start the game the rest of my team was complaining that they "didn't like being on this side". Shoulda abandoned right then and there but I persisted and took the incoming roflstomp like a champ.

Thai

Bane was better.
So I bought a Green Jade Dragon Recipe, but I need a Staff of Enduring Colt.

Does someone have that? WOuld you be interested in trading it for the following Auspicious items:

TA: Whispering Dead Armour
WindRanger: Style of the Grove
Death Prophet: Dress of the Gloom, Belt of the Gloom

Message me if so!

If I'm inexplicably roflstomping as Veno and getting a ton of farm from pushing lanes, what items should I get? I got a force staff and necro books but honestly have no idea what else I should be buying.

If I'm inexplicably roflstomping as Veno and getting a ton of farm from pushing lanes, what items should I get? I got a force staff and necro books but honestly have no idea what else I should be buying.
If you're team fighting a lot, which you should be as veno unless you're team just really isn't suited for it, aghs and veil do a disgusting amount of damage. No really do the math it's insane.

I had more an enough for a sheepstick, but I didn't have any good chances to purchase one. I didn't want to send the courier to the secret shop in fear or getting it killed, and all barracks were down except for mid, meaning I had to remain inside to spam plague wards.

Then again, I probably should have farmed it up before things got to that point.

Nirvana

- you don't care about showing off your e-peen to others

you got me

EDIT: Also, just a quick rage moment.

Played a game the other night of Captain's Mode no less. We were a 3 stack and got paired with two others. We all have about 4-500 wins. Our captain picks support Alch, guy asks
"Two Carries?" (We already had a Weaver)
"No, support Alch" the captain replies
"LOL support!? What?"

This was suspicious from the get go.

Turns out, the two people we were paired with: One has 70 wins, the other 90. Invoker on the other team 900.

WHAT?

LiQuid!

I feel like I need to make a smurf account to play with some of the guys I know that are severely low level so shit like this doesn't keep happening to me:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/511943489

Was stacked with everybody there with a dotabuff. The Razor has like 20 games played and we made the mistake of sending him mid against the Sniper. There was literally no recovering from the early feeding.

Karakand

I feel like I need to make a smurf account to play with some of the guys I know that are severely low level so shit like this doesn't keep happening to me:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/511943489

Was stacked with everybody there with a dotabuff. The Razor has like 20 games played and we made the mistake of sending him mid against the Sniper. There was literally no recovering from the early feeding.

End of my undefeated run on Chen. BibleThump

M4shy

Neo Member
I hate when people give up just because the enemy has some momentum. What a way to guarantee a loss.

When the duo bot fed then abandon within 10 minutes then yeah, it's pretty hard to come back from and is guaranteed a loss. Happens way too oftern.
That said I usually play solo because no friends ;_;. Being profile level 10 probably doesn't help either.

rezuth

you got me

Played a game the other night of Captain's Mode no less. We were a 3 stack and got paired with two others. We all have about 4-500 wins. Our captain picks support Alch, guy asks
"LOL support!? What?"

Turns out, the two people we were paired with: One has 70 wins, the other 90. Invoker on the other team 900.

WHAT?

Support Alch is insanely good.

What;s the best way to build Huskar?

you got me

"LOL support!? What?"

WHAT?

Nothing wrong with having two carries and Alch and Weaver have both got negative armour (especially if you get AC and Deso) so they work well together, and I find Weaver is a little slow to come online to be the only carry. That said, support Alch is awesome but I always seem to get shit from someone for playing it. Although it doesn't bother me half as much as people trying to say Necro is a support when none of his abilities suit that. It's like people can't actually think critically outside of the roles Valve has listed for a hero.

IceMarker

tKNZMtQ.png

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Nothing wrong with having two carries and Alch and Weaver have both got negative armour (especially if you get AC and Deso) so they work well together, and I find Weaver is a little slow to come online to be the only carry. That said, support Alch is awesome but I always seem to get shit from someone for playing it. Although it doesn't bother me half as much as people trying to say Necro is a support when none of his abilities suit that. It's like people can't actually think critically outside of the roles Valve has listed for a hero.

Well aside from all that healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom