• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Whatever happened to that DK premier league set? Does premier league own the rights to it?

It's a damn shame too that set looked amazing on DK.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No weekly chinese items? Just a tournament Drow and tournament Dragon Knight set coming. For some reason the Drow set is in the drop system?
Drow: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=171940511
DK: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=154026316
Anyway, neither are actually in game yet, just the schema.

I'm really not a fan of any of the Drow or DK sets currently in game and neither of these thrill me either. Why do two heroes as popular as these have some of the most underwhelming sets?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Maybe I'm weird but I really like the Sylvan set on Drow.

That's probably my least favorite one (next to the cat one). It looks too cartoony/cheesy. Also what's up with the 90s comics cuffed boots? In fact, most of the Drow sets have some of the worst boots. Check these out:

j0uX6pZ.png

Got damn!

That's probably my least favorite one (next to the cat one). It looks too cartoony/cheesy. Also what's up with the 90s comics cuffed boots? In fact, most of the Drow sets have some of the worst boots. Check these out:

j0uX6pZ.png

Got damn!
As my favorite hero, Drow needs a visual update or remake as bad as anyone. She really doesn't look good and neither do most of her sets. I think to date, I've found maybe just one quality set and I've never seen a bow better than the Howling.

Axe and omni have better set options than Drow. That's saying something.

Hupsel

Sooo I tried solo queue in ranked matches thinking it would only match me against people also playing alone, you know, so that you can at least play fair and have zero coordination on both sides.

Match starts, my team has two guys with a clan name and troll the entire match and the other team has a stack of three that actually know what they are doing. Seriously, its like you really cant play this fucking game without a party even in a game mode called "Solo ranked".

ElyrionX

Sooo I tried solo queue in ranked matches thinking it would only match me against people also playing alone, you know, so that you can at least play fair and have zero coordination on both sides.

Match starts, my team has two guys with a clan name and troll the entire match and the other team has a stack of three that actually know what they are doing. Seriously, its like you really cant play this fucking game without a party even in a game mode called "Solo ranked".

Games like that happen all the time and there is nothing you can do about it except look forward to the next time you get to team with a 3-stack that knows what they are doing against random noobs.

Artanisix

let it GOOOOOOOOOO LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RDgrlne.jpg

just let the tower go you fucking idiots dont suicide too we cant defend that

LiQuid!

The Year of Disraptor rolls on:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/519696776

Despite the Ecuadorian on the team randoming Sylla, the Void getting caught out and dueled to death repeatedly, the Lion feeding and yelling at everyone to go mid constantly, and being down something like 20 kills early, me and my god damned raptor saved the fucking day. What a hero!

I spent some amount of time in that game complaining about how shit my team was and crying about how unfair life was, yet we managed to comeback and win. Nothing feels better.

Hylian7

So another great debate: Legion Commander, Shadow Blade, Blink Dagger, or neither?

Shadow Blade:
+200 bonus damage on invis break
+More damage on the item itself
+More attack speed
+Easy to sneak up on supports with assuming no detection
-Detection can ruin your day
-75 mana cost
-Can be hard to time going invis and walking all the way to your target before it expires
-Expensive, more than blink
-Long cooldown

Blink Dagger:
+Instant jump to your target, no worries about detection
+0 mana cost
+Shorter cooldown than SB, with some distance, can be used as an escape assuming you don't get damaged for long enough.
+Cheaper than SB
-gives you nothing other than the blink, no stats, damage, AS, Nada
-Counterable by things like Radiance, or long range spells.

Neither:
+Allows you to get any other item
-No real way to initiate on someone unless a teammate can help (Force Staff, Earth Spirit, Tiny, etc.)

Honestly it is quite a toss up between Blink and SB. Against stuff like BH or Slardar, Blink is probably the right choice, but against something like a Spectre or Nature's Prophet, SB might be better.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/518506102

I had this match last night. I jungled, our Dark Seer didn't do so well in the offline and neither did Invoker mid. I was doing well, picking up lots of Duel wins and had over 150 damage. They still took us in team fights and split pushed to win. I only lost one Duel the whole game.

At the end their NP decided to talk shit and called me an idiot for going Shadow Blade on LC. Now he did have Necro III, but the invis isn't the only be benefit of SB. So was he right that Shadow Blade was a bad choice? I don't think so. Despite snowballing, their Morphling had freefarm and was quite scary. On top of that we had no choice but to go 50 minutes against a NP and Morphling, due to the state of everyone else on my team. Ember was quite fed. Our Sniper's farm was okay, but not set to go against that lineup at 50 minutes. Even though I snowballed a bit, I couldn't do everything.

Radec

^
I had more loss using a Blink Dagger than Shadow Blade with LC.

But then those wins are from the days when people don't know how to deal with LC.

I miss those days.

NBtoaster

Another benefit of Shadow blade is that it forces their supports to spend money for you, no other item has that effect.

But if you rush it it takes too long to get. Unless you get lucky in the jungle or somehow gank successfully it'll probably take around 10 minutes which is too long to be useless. Going for blink gets you initiation and lets you get started on bkb sooner.

But the worst option is Midas which is somehow a common build for LC..

Hylian7

Another benefit of Shadow blade is that it forces their supports to spend money for you, no other item has that effect.

But if you rush it it takes too long to get. Unless you get lucky in the jungle or somehow gank successfully it'll probably take around 10 minutes which is too long to be useless. Going for blink gets you initiation and lets you get started on bkb sooner.

Definitely agree with the bolded. I tried Midas a couple of times and was not happy with it. The only time it paid off was the time I had safelane free farm against a solo Weaver and had it at 5 minutes (in my hands by 5:30).

Wes

venison crêpe
After a discussion about when to use Sacrifice:

Sanjay: "Wait. I thought denied creeps gave no XP."
Wes: "No, they get a reduced percentage."
Sanjay: "Is that a recent change?"
Wes:
189.gif

So I'm just learning what items do and don't stack together. What is it about Desolator and Sanga & Yasha that don't stack? Just the on-attack effect right?

FACE

Banned
what about skadi and diffusal? o_O

Both are orb effects.

Hero needs items -> Rush Midas -> Spend far too much time without an initiation item -> "fucking noob team, gg"

I wonder ff that update was was reverted last night will be re-added tonight.

It was weird. 4 new ticket bundles and the Wardfish recipe and then 5 minutes later they reverted it. It was also strange it came with no sets but the ticket bundles, maybe that's why they reverted it.

It's amazing how as you continue to get better at this game, you start noticing little things that result in a win or a loss.

Whether it's something you did, or something a teammate did.

Take last game for example, we have an amazing early game lineup but the other team is 5 manning... and it's 4 of us defending. Our lich refuses to TP in and help, despite his ult and presence being all we needed to to win the fight. Even as the enemy team dives our teir 2... he refuses to come all so he can rush Ag's.

30 minutes later, still no Ag's and they are pushing our rax...

Those two fights in the mid game that we tried to avoid but couldn't thanks to a pudge and shadow shaman combo on the enemy team that would have went completely our way... sigh.

God Enel

It's amazing how as you continue to get better at this game, you start noticing little things that result in a win or a loss.

yeah that's really awesome. the more you play, the more you know where you/team has fucked up. be it pushing. farming the jungle when the towers are down, feeling for warding/dewarding, even hero composition, when it's your time to push, to fight/void fights etc.

LiQuid!

Wes:
189.gif

I just learned like last week, after 600 games of Dota that ALL buildings can detect invis units, not just towers. 600 more games and I'm sure I'll learn some other dumb obscure rule in this ridiculous game and feel like a noob all over again.

inkls

Its one of the reason people get so angry at this game. The better you get, the more mistakes you spot and since most people aren't able to properly explain the mistake to the person in question it causes frustration.

Skab

Wes:
189.gif

Don't forget it gives Lich and his allies exp now too.

Quesa

Where's the dota valentine with the Charge of Darkness symbol over CM's head saying "I choose you" and inside there's a Nether Strike image saying "Let's have a Greater Bash" Reddit's messing up rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom