• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
I just learned like last week, after 600 games of Dota that ALL buildings can detect invis units, not just towers. 600 more games and I'm sure I'll learn some other dumb obscure rule in this ridiculous game and feel like a noob all over again.

The "backdoor defense" passive on buildings tipped me.

Edit: As it turns out, that's not what backdoor protection does, lol.

Volodja

I just learned like last week, after 600 games of Dota that ALL buildings can detect invis units, not just towers. 600 more games and I'm sure I'll learn some other dumb obscure rule in this ridiculous game and feel like a noob all over again.
That's...not the case.
Only towers and the ancients have true sight.

I think the fountains too? But I'm not sure about the range on those.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That's...not the case.
Only towers and the ancients have true sight.

I think the fountains too? But I'm not sure about the range on those.

Hmm. I dunno what it was then but my base diving as Bounty Hunter didn't go very well for me in a game and I was told that.

FACE

Banned
It's the opposite.
Attack range is 700 and true sight range is 900.

I meant sight* range, not attack range. If I recall correctly, towers have 1800 sight* range during day time.

PS: Didn't know the attack range was shorter than the true sight*range, thanks for the info.

Volodja

I meant sight* range, not attack range. If I recall correctly, towers have 1800 sight* range during day time.

PS: Didn't know the attack range was shorter than the attack range, thanks for the info.
Oh yes then, their sight is 1800/800 (day/night).

This is the only game I've ever played where the enemy team always feels the need to all chat and complain about one player and tell us all the reasons they lost.

I'm on the winning team, why do I care why you lost again?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This is the only game I've ever played where the enemy team always feels the need to all chat and complain about one player and tell us all the reasons they lost.

Have you never played LoL?
All chat is only chat there.

Detox

Valve needs to change the abandon message in ranked games.

"The game will not be counted as completed unless you stay until the end of the match (and there are players on both teams present)."

Makes it sound like it won't count if everyone on one side quits after somebody not affiliated to them abandons but it does count and you get the loss.

Pratfall

I need a mental checklist to get better at evaluating lanes and knowing what I will need as a support. Think I might have lost us a game by not bringing sentries to lane as windrunner supporting a sniper vs a solo bounty hunter. Even though I stacked and pulled, he got so many levels and kept sniper off farm so he just destroyed our squishy team. I think played relatively well the rest of the game, but the start was so bad we couldn't recover. Also, wraith king--wisp is horrible to play against.

Ignore it or point out why they really lost. I take some comfort in explaining to the enemy why they lost, they usually like to blame skill but most of the time it is dumb laning/picks. No reason to be not social.

I need a mental checklist to get better at evaluating lanes and knowing what I will need as a support. Think I might have lost us a game by not bringing sentries to lane as windrunner supporting a sniper vs a solo bounty hunter. Even though I stacked and pulled, he got so many levels and kept sniper off farm so he just destroyed our squishy team. I think played relatively well the rest of the game, but the start was so bad we couldn't recover. Also, wraith king--wisp is horrible to play against.

Yeah...you don't need to bring them into lane but at least buy them super early on. Just the sight of sentries in your inventory would've made the opposing BH play more cautiously and even stop harassing your team's sniper at the absolute least.

Artanisix

Ignore it or point out why they really lost. I take some comfort in explaining to the enemy why they lost, they usually like to blame skill but most of the time it is dumb laning/picks. No reason to be not social.

I like saying that the all chatter lost them the game, really riles them up since they're already blaming someone in the first place.

I'll preach it again, I'd love to have this game region locked.

Been on a sick winning streak.. and this happens. Team picks.... and storm spirit hasn't picked yet. Begs for mid the entire time when DP picked first and selected it on the map.

Proceeds to rage that he didn't get mid, picks storm spirit anyway after we needed utility / support and then feeds the entire game. Ults from fountain to as far as he can get, feeds. Repeats. Has 800 hours in dota, and not a single commendation on his account. Wtf? How do I get matched with people like this?

AHd1s2Y.jpg

Thanks jajajaja. Thank you for playing ranked with us.

Been on a sick winning streak.. and this happens. Team picks.... and storm spirit hasn't picked yet. Begs for mid the entire time when DP picked first and selected it on the map.

Proceeds to rage that he didn't get mid, picks storm spirit anyway after we needed utility / support and then feeds the entire game. Ults from fountain to as far as he can get, feeds. Repeats. Has 800 hours in dota, and not a single commendation on his account. Wtf? How do I get matched with people like this?

AHd1s2Y.jpg

Thanks jajajaja. Thank you for playing ranked with us.

Mid or Feed not joking check rep

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Yeah...you don't need to bring them into lane but at least buy them super early on. Just the sight of sentries in your inventory would've made the opposing BH play more cautiously and even stop harassing your team's sniper at the absolute least.

I disagree, you do need to bring them into lane. That bh will be level 3 before you can get the sents there, and you'll be hurting your mid very badly by doing so.

53 minutes later...

Is this irony lost on you?

How is posting on a forum about region locking and lack of communication combined with feeding, the same as people all chatting in game and complaining because someone missed an ult or something similar.

Please educate, since you're obviously trying hard to make a point.

That sucks Thacker. One of the worst parts about this game is that one shithead can ruin an entire match for the 9 other people playing. In my ideal Dota world, there would be omnipresent Valve admins constantly scanning matches and banning assholes like that SS. I recall Blizzard admins being extremely active in the early days of WoW; I got a short ban for making obscene sexual remarks in area chat while I was questing Stranglethorn Vale (I was like 14, don't judge me). It certainly made an impression on me that Blizz was always watching, so I acted a lot better after that. But I guess the key difference is that you had to pay for WoW.

Pratfall

I disagree, you do need to bring them into lane. That bh will be level 3 before you can get the sents there, and you'll be hurting your mid very badly by doing so.

Yep, the support lich nicely bought wards and courier, so I was like, cool I'll get some armor and stats for lane. Need to think twice about who I am laning against.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

This. When you're playing against a weaver, BH, broodmother, Clinkz, or any other invis off laner--detection from level 1 is absolutely essential. Most of the time they will just roll into the lane like all is good and well, and bam, eziest first blood ever. You need to pound invis heroes early and hard, make sure they get an awful start.

Dude Abides

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/AHd1s2Y.jpg[IMG]

Thanks jajajaja. Thank you for playing ranked with us.[/QUOTE]

Region locking wouldn't help shit like this. Assholes come in all linguistic varieties.

I'm having such a hard time winning as Sand King. I try and take care of all the support duties to free everyone up, but my team gets wrecked almost every game during team fights. I think I'm getting blink dagger up too late, but not sure where I can pick up gold more quickly and keep wards up. Is Sand King a hero you can solo queue with or should I only be playing him if with a stack?

Artanisix

I'm having such a hard time winning as Sand King. I try and take care of all the support duties to free everyone up, but my team gets wrecked almost every game during team fights. I think I'm getting blink dagger up too late, but not sure where I can pick up gold more quickly and keep wards up. Is Sand King a hero you can solo queue with or should I only be playing him if with a stack?

You cannot be the hard support as a Sand King. He simply needs his core too badly for you to be buying wards off cooldown every time. You'll have to ask your other support to help you out with that, while you try to get pulls off and make kills happen around the map.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Buy smoke = win.

Sand King shouldn't be played as 5. Just like Earthshaker, if you are the bottom of the networth of your team you might as well stop warding and farm selfishly.

streaming a few hours for the single ladies
and dudes

http://www.twitch.tv/109dota

stop by and say hi, i have the worst mods ever.
but pokemon is on
Thanks for the tips, I'll try to be more aggressive in my farming, and see if I can actually get someone to split ward duties with me.
SK is actually pretty easy to farm with because of his passive, so just find the space and attack away.

F!ReW!Re

http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/flappydota/

God damn this game is so fucking hard. Cyborg what have you done

*Edit: FUCK YES I GOT 3

@Matt, dunno if it's intentional, but when ever I load up that link on mobile the game is playable but a large horizontal advertisement banner is streched on the bottom area of the screen. It's blocking the view of gyro so any gaps you need to hit on that area are impossible because you can't see anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom