• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with a meepo last night that had to go mid due to a very odd draft on our part. He was taking some deaths early on but still ended the match with near 1100 xp per min. I have no idea how he got that high.

We all started slow but once we started rolling we were blazing through towers. Looking back Meepo, witch doctor, disruptor, ogremagi and timber had to be an annoying combo to go against. All the netting, stuns and slow combos meant no escaping and a lot of damage. It could have went way wrong with that draft though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How did we manage to win that in house with wraith king mid and me as solo off antimage? Did anboker just murder top until he was farmed?

Spent 25 on opening chests and on favor, ended up getting a Scythe of Vyse and a bunch of other random crap.

I guess that's the same as breaking even.

Really... really wanted a faceless battlefury :(

You know I really wish the Dota tutorial had a big ass sign saying "DO NOT AUTO ATTACK CREEPS". It's like the best advice you could ever give to a new player. Once you understand why this is the case, the rest of the picture kind of falls into the place. It just frustrates me so much when I'm laning with a guy who keeps pushing the wave towards their tower. Of course god forbid you should point this error out and then get the whole "DON‘T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY". Ugh #Trenchsoloqueuelife

M.D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/524776600

Omni winning streak broken :(

I stayed positive for the most part, but I knew we'll lose from the draft since LC picked last and wanted to jungle when we had no real offlane hero plus melee vs range lanes

SK kept blaming me for shit for no reason when he didn't really try to support, and told LC that I should buy wards when I took no farm from the team and tried to get a mek up for most of the match, then left after the jugg on the other team got abandon for inactivity >.>

I've been trying to stay positive and just try to do my best for a couple of days now, been working out well so far..

The ghosts are rare, they're in the smaller box.

I hope Valve just makes a bundle of these one off items that are drop only. The spiders, ghosts, Silencer fan and another item I'm forgetting.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Spent 25 on opening chests and on favor, ended up getting a Scythe of Vyse and a bunch of other random crap.

I guess that's the same as breaking even.

Really... really wanted a faceless battlefury :(

Trade ya my battlefury for your scythe. ;)

It's amazing how imbalanced the matchmaking can be at the lower levels. Last few games I've been in in the mid to low 3000's, most of my opponents have had 2000+ hours compared to my 800, and the games are so one sided they are over in 20 minutes. Every single lane feeds and loses, and so begins my 5 game losing streak.

And it's not even close.. its a landslide every time.

I love when it goes the other way though.

It's amazing how imbalanced the matchmaking can be at the lower levels. Last few games I've been in in the mid to low 3000's, most of my opponents have had 2000+ hours compared to my 800, and the games are so one sided they are over in 20 minutes. Every single lane feeds and loses, and so begins my 5 game losing streak.

And it's not even close.. its a landslide every time.

I love when it goes the other way though.

Here's a good example from my last game. I'm 3-12 with Nature's Prophet now, despite always having a good midas time / ganking lanes, etc. I play him decently, but maybe I am chosing him in the wrong games? I don't know anything I could do in these games. I'd love to know how I could have more impact on the game to possible stop this .. I just think the average player I am getting matched with has no clue. How can my team consistently seem so bad but the enemy seem consistently so strong? Snowball? Timing? :(

Yv9a0OG.jpg

but did they speak a foreign language tho

Yes, but not Portuguese this time, it was spanish. lol.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How do you deal with Storm Spirit if no-one on your team drafted disables?

Or are you just fucked?

Cause it feels like we were just fucked. All lanes became unfarmable. Instant death.

ability draft has an annoying tendency of putting 4-5 melee in one team...
means you pretty much autolose your lanes , makes it very hard to defend towers or push makes you get shat on by aoe stuns

They should've let the players pick the heroes

ability draft makes you appreciate how finely tuned and wel lthought out regular dota is, it's so broken and messed up

Razzer

How do you deal with Storm Spirit if no-one on your team drafted disables?

Or are you just fucked?

Cause it feels like we were just fucked. All lanes became unfarmable. Instant death.

Gank the everliving shit out of him before 6 I guess. Though without disables that would be hard.

So after having a few months to play around, what is the consensus on LC and Ember?

I don't think I've ever encountered a fed ember spirit, and LC is garbage unless she just gets fed kills early on. I get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I see someone pick ember spirit, similar to meepo picks.

Jex

So after having a few months to play around, what is the consensus on LC and Ember?

I don't think I've ever encountered a fed ember spirit, and LC is garbage unless she just gets fed kills early on. I get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I see someone pick ember spirit, similar to meepo picks.

I honestly don't even see those heroes picked very often these days.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LC: Not enough impact.
Ember: Hard to play. Very item dependent without enough raw carry power.

squadr0n

Is anyone looking for a new member for their Gfinity team to compete? Registration ends tomorrow (2/17) so let me know if you are. If anyone is interested in creating their own team let me know. We need 5 to 6 people minimum.

For info and registration form go to

www.gfinity.com

prizes for first place are $500 per tournament.

You know I really wish the Dota tutorial had a big ass sign saying "DO NOT AUTO ATTACK CREEPS". It's like the best advice you could ever give to a new player. Once you understand why this is the case, the rest of the picture kind of falls into the place. It just frustrates me so much when I'm laning with a guy who keeps pushing the wave towards their tower. Of course god forbid you should point this error out and then get the whole "DON‘T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY". Ugh #Trenchsoloqueuelife

Yeah, I think they really messed up by making that first tutorial basically support autoattacking.

Jex

LC: Not enough impact.
Ember: Hard to play. Very item dependent without enough raw carry power.

Right, I forgot to mention that the few times I do see an LC pick the picker shouts "jungle" and then proceeds to jungle for about 15 minutes. At the end of this period they have...very little while simultaneously weakening our lanes significantly and contributing little to team fights (even though she has some okay skills in this regard their jungle build means they aren't ready to fight).

Anteo

Here's a good example from my last game. I'm 3-12 with Nature's Prophet now, despite always having a good midas time / ganking lanes, etc. I play him decently, but maybe I am chosing him in the wrong games? I don't know anything I could do in these games. I'd love to know how I could have more impact on the game to possible stop this .. I just think the average player I am getting matched with has no clue. How can my team consistently seem so bad but the enemy seem consistently so strong? Snowball? Timing? :(

Yes, but not Portuguese this time, it was spanish. lol.

Hours played =/= how good you are.
There are many people that are really bad after +1000 hours and people that are good after +500. There are people that have been playing dota for years before joining dota 2 so their time played means nothing, remember that dota and dota2 have the same gameplay mechanics, same heroes, same map structure, same items, same skills... so your skill is 95% transferable. The server cant asume that someone with 2000 hours is twice as skilled as someone with 1000. In fact we often see people coming to the dota ot saying they cant believe how bad some +2000 people are.

Raytow

How does low priority queue works? I started playing a ranked match and suddenly got a not exp won because low priority crap message, and I haven't abandoned any games to merit it.
If anyone is selling or trading a talon let me know, want to start playing more with Venge need at least something cool to dress her up(DOTA2 the doll dressing simulator)

Internets

Anyone mind sharing how to play Bristleback in the offlane? Like items, skill ordering, and how to deal with trilane? Looking to expand my offlane hero selections

Hylian7

Random Drow Buff idea I thought of last night (and this would be one of those "Take her out of Captains Mode to test this" ideas in vein of Huskar, Medusa, Slark, etc.): Gust is now a 1 second channel that at the end blows the gust in all directions around you, doing the same knockback as it is now. Might be OP, might be just what she needs.

I like the direction they are going with Gust, giving Drow some kind of "get the fuck away from me" spell so you can get Marksmanship back.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
How does low priority queue works? I started playing a ranked match and suddenly got a not exp won because low priority crap message, and I haven't abandoned any games to merit it.
If anyone is selling or trading a talon let me know, want to start playing more with Venge need at least something cool to dress her up(DOTA2 the doll dressing simulator)

Pretty sure you see the message if anyone in the game is in low prio. It's weird though. I think people will abandon a game and quickly get in another before the abandon registers, so they'll be in regular queue with you for one match.

Random Drow Buff idea I thought of last night (and this would be one of those "Take her out of Captains Mode to test this" ideas in vein of Huskar, Medusa, Slark, etc.): Gust is now a 1 second channel that at the end blows the gust in all directions around you, doing the same knockback as it is now. Might be OP, might be just what she needs.

I like the direction they are going with Gust, giving Drow some kind of "get the fuck away from me" spell so you can get Marksmanship back.
1 second channel? Sounds like a terrible nerf to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom