• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I've been playing lol for like 3 years now, but I'm finally bored. How hard would it be to start up dota2?
Not too hard, your game since will be out of wack for a while. You have far less mana to spam spells early on, right click damage feels useful on supports.

phinious

It would depend greatly on how much effort you put into it. There are plenty of differences and some stuff you're going to have to rewrite muscle memory on. It'll also likely take you a while to get used to it being a bit more "slow" (turn rates are a thing here). But if you play a bit and actually want to try and learn you shouldn't really have any issue.

What specifically bored you about LoL? Was it the way they balanced some stuff or the meta? Dota can cure that. It still has towers and lames and stuff and while different if that's what you grew tired of you might still not like it.

I think I am just tired of the balance patches to enforce the same meta. What is a turn rate?

phinious

Not too hard, your game since will be out of wack for a while. You have far less mana to spam spells early on, right click damage feels useful on supports.

I guess I have nothing to lose in trying it out. Last time I did one game and there was 3 afk, and I had no idea what character or items to get:p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I am just tired of the balance patches to enforce the same meta. What is a turn rate?
People take like half a second to turn around. Some heroes also can take time to cast spells, I think the longest is a .8 second cast time, and that is just doing a wind up animation.

When you're moving in a direction and you click exactly behind you, you will not instantly flip around. It will take a small amount of time for you to actually turn. LOL players will frequently think there is lag or that they picked a hero that controls like a tank or is just slow.

Dec

Sounds really fun if you're the stunner, incredibly infuriating if your the stunee. Maybe I should do sp games for awhile :p

Initiation is just very important. For the most part the mana costs are proportionate to the power of the abilities, so people will usually only blow the mana if they are trying to kill during the laning phase.

Storage

I guess I have nothing to lose in trying it out. Last time I did one game and there was 3 afk, and I had no idea what character or items to get:p
Well since you're new to the game you're going to get matched with people who are also new. Many of those people will be people who are just trying the game out and will leave because it's boring and they will never play again.

Anony

sigh, i just wasted 2500 ingots on a game where 3 people didnt know what to do and didnt follow instructions
fucking dumbass picked orge when we needed sniper or another high dps hero

fucking hate matchmaking

ksan

sigh, i just wasted 2500 ingots on a game where 3 people didnt know what to do and didnt follow instructions

fucking hate matchmaking

how can u even care about that game mode lol?

You go into a non-competitive game mode and expect people to do their best? :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
how can u even care about that game mode lol?

You go into a non-competitive game mode and expect people to do their best? :/

Well, like half the point of the mode is to try and get the most damage possible. I would assume people not wanting to aim for prizes would just goof off in practice.

ksan

Well, like half the point of the mode is to try and get the most damage possible. I would assume people not wanting to aim for prizes would just goof off in practice.

Well, it seems to attract a lot of people who enjoy pseudo-score attacks that don't require too much skill. I wouldn't expect the quality of every team to be that good, I guess some rather play for "fun".

NBtoaster

But isn't doing the most damage not even efficient? You could just get 1500 tokens for 15 minutes 3 times rather than 40 minutes for 4000.

fucking hate matchmaking

make a party if you want to take the dumb mode seriously

Clinkz is the most bullshit annoying hero in the game

Worse than Furion

:(

I don't get to play against a whole lots of clinkz players, but I find it hard to believe any hero could be more annoying then Furion. The only saving grace for Natures Prophet is that a lot of bad players play him too, so they are fun to gank in the woods.

Clinkz can be pretty damn annoying if he can farm up an orchid though

Razzer

I don't get to play against a whole lots of clinkz players, but I find it hard to believe any hero could be more annoying then Furion. The only saving grace for Natures Prophet is that a lot of bad players play him too, so they are fun to gank in the woods.

Clinkz can be pretty damn annoying if he can farm up an orchid though

He has great harass in lane, can go invis, solo ganks well, and can backdoor like nobodies business. Perfect formula for irritating people in pubs.

I need to give that solo offlane sniper a try. Sounds like fun, you'd probably just have to play really safe though or bring extra regen since he's so squishy early
all game

Razzer

Merlini and co are playing football with Earth Spirits and an Io atm on his stream. That's real football by the way, not that American shit.

M.D

Speaking of heroes that I never want to play against... I hate Viper
I'm talking mostly mid Viper, that shit is so annoying.. the damage and slow, plus his passive.. gah

The only hero I found decent against him in lane is Quas-Wex Invker because you can harass him and still have the regan so you can stay in lane, but that was in bot games so..

I guess Bloodseeker and Necro could maybe work on the same principle

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, I raised an eyebrow at the last second NS pick when we already has Ursa and LC, but then he never ganked. At that point you're literally dead weight

Just started playing SD and now I understand why he's so popular in the pro scene, such a fun hero. I'm a bit unsure on how to build him though, all his abilities are so good. Atm am going with maxing Soul Catcher first.

Well, opening my first Bloom Bounty of the night turned out well:

6XHo2.jpg

Too bad I also already have the Leviathan Whale Blade for him.

EDIT: Of course I compensated with the rest of the Bounties by a very cheap mega-kills, announcer, and courier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom