• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else looking forward to the 2014 International coming towards the end of the year? Friends talking about LoL's LCS starting make me think of the great matches/plays from TI3 (not to mention LCS S3 Finals sucked ass).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone else looking forward to the 2014 International coming towards the end of the year? Friends talking about LoL's LCS starting make me think of the great matches/plays from TI3 (not to mention LCS S3 Finals sucked ass).

Shouldn't TI4 be late August still, or did they announce a different date?

Anno

Starladder IX expanding to NA along with the MLGTKO should pump some needed money into the NA scene. I just hope we can get a few more halfway-competent teams up and running to sustain whatever momentum there may be.

Starladder IX expanding to NA along with the MLGTKO should pump some needed money into the NA scene. I just hope we can get a few more halfway-competent teams up and running to sustain whatever momentum there may be.

America seems to have problems crossing over from 5 man pub stomp squads (we seem to have lots of those) to actual legit teams (we have what 1? 2?).

I don't know how you fix that, as I don't know enough about the sport on a pro level.

Is it simply lack of talent? Experience? Less time? Availability of high level scrims? Money for motivation? The lack of a social safety net (I don't believe it's a coincidence that a large number of successful esports scenes are countries with strong societal support)? It's probably a combination of a lot of that.

Anno

The lack of a social safety net (I don't believe it's a coincidence that a large number of successful esports scenes are countries with strong societal support)? It's probably a combination of a lot of that.

I think this is part of the root cause; there just seems to be a general lack of e-sports infrastructure in general compared to most other regions. I need to read more into how Riot manages LoL, because they seem to attempt to make up for this.

Stuff like eHug now being salaried and in a team house seems like a good start, but only if they make something out of it. I just hope that the money funneled into the scene by a few larger tournaments coming over here showcases how much demand there may (or may not?) be for NA supporting a more powerful scene. I think if they can show the demand is present then the supply might be easier to fashion.

E: Also, MLG Anaheim seems like it'll be a pretty big deal. Most of the winnings will probably go overseas, but having the spectacle closer to home has to help. If someone like Liquid or SAD can go deep that would be all the better.

Hylian7

Terrorblade so OP

edit: Doing some streaming... Offline :(

That game finished and I said I was taking a break. That post was a few games ago.

Any that last game was interesting. Rubick on my team was speaking the truth, I was landing great 5-man Black Holes, and lots of times the rest of the team wasn't doing anything with them!

squadr0n

Terrorblade so OP

Yea he is, ive had 3 games in a row with a K/D ratio of about 20 to 1 in every game lol. No matter who hes paired against he will rape. My build usually has Mask of Madness and Manta and boots and then the game ends. I cant say the same about any other character.

RS4-

Well then, didn't expect the beast thing to continue or else I wouldn't have wasted it on a 1k game.

Didn't help that I wasted 2.5k playing with bads who blew the game at 5 million

Ok finally acquired a Bloom Bounty. Am weighing up whether to sell it or not.

Well then, didn't expect the beast thing to continue or else I wouldn't have wasted it on a 1k game.

Didn't help that I wasted 2.5k playing with bads who blew the game at 5 million

Hah I made that mistake the previous two times. Finally learned my lesson. Beast is never going away ;)

Chris R

Well did you at least get crazy levels? I kinda like going solo against dual/tri lanes, sure my farm is behind compared to the other team, but their levels are just terrible. Setup a gank or two and get some CS in while they are back at base*.

Don't listen to me, I don't know how to play, 2.5kMMR

Hylian7

Well did you at least get crazy levels? I kinda like going solo against dual/tri lanes, sure my farm is behind compared to the other team, but their levels are just terrible. Setup a gank or two and get some CS in while they are back at base*.

Don't listen to me, I don't know how to play, 2.5kMMR

Until I died, sure, but again I have like no farm and I was trying to farm was the problem I guess. On top of that we had no wards. On top of that how exactly can Clinkz gank at early levels anyway?

Pratfall

Have had a fair amount of success running Rhasta against Slark. Any chain disables really fuck that hero. You just have to not die to him immediately (easier said than done).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What if you're stuck in such situation though? (like in a pub per se)

If you don't die and play smart (exp range is huge now, just try to swoop in and get every bit of exp you can and then swoop back out), chances are the tri supports will be forced to start roaming the map which gives you your opportunity to farm and shit on the (maybe) lower level carry.

Manus

Got the ghosts out of one of my chests. They look so good in game.

beautiful-haunting-5njupbs44.jpg

ElyrionX

What if you're stuck in such situation though? (like in a pub per se)

If you get zoned out of xp range, run back behind your tower and block your creeps like at the start of the game so you get better creep equilibrium. Also, get good at last hitting under the tower with searing arrows.

Finally, dont die.

Hylian7

Why is the talisman such a big deal? Also SS is so complicated so much micro if you want to gank with maximum dps

Because SF has shit base damage and Storm Spirit has more than that, plus Null Talisman = a shitton more. Sure, I bought items for last hitting, but I couldn't contend with the SS and couldn't get any farm for a while leading him to get a lead I couldn't recover from.

Because SF has shit base damage and Storm Spirit has more than that, plus Null Talisman = a shitton more. Sure, I bought items for last hitting, but I couldn't contend with the SS and couldn't get any farm for a while leading him to get a lead I couldn't recover from.

so did you try harassing him?

cause he aint got no regen, no bottle or a few tangos cause of that items start, and before 6 he cant dodge your shit like puck or qop

then you win the lane through creep control as he cant get close for any of those last hits that are apparently really easy for him now

Seance

Banned

lol SF beats SS mid, assuming you don't get ganked or whatever. Raze down the creep waves from lvl 5 on and rotate into the jungle clearing stacks when the lane is pushed or get rune.

Hylian7

so did you try harassing him?

cause he aint got no regen, no bottle or a few tangos cause of that items start, and before 6 he cant dodge your shit like puck or qop

then you win the lane through creep control as he cant get close for any of those last hits that are apparently really easy for him now

lol SF beats SS mid, assuming you don't get ganked or whatever. Raze down the creep waves from lvl 5 on and rotate into the jungle clearing stacks when the lane is pushed or get rune.

I couldn't harass him at level 2, I had no damage due to no souls and my level 1 Raze was doing nothing, and by that time he had a huge lead.

I couldn't harass him at level 2, I had no damage due to no souls and my level 1 Raze was doing nothing, and by that time he had a huge lead.

im gonna watch this game and if you have a shit block, no creep control, and didnt right click him at all in the first few levels im gonna cry

man the tenses in that sentence are kind of crap

Hylian7

im gonna watch this game and if you have a shit block, no creep control, and didnt right click him at all in the first few levels im gonna cry

man the tenses in that sentence are kind of crap

Probably didn't. I have this tendency to not harass if I don't have farm superiority. I don't know why I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom