• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

Does anyone know that game that supposedly was SADBOYS that they went axe or whoever it was? maybe alliance? I really want to see it.... I havent played axe in a few but I still love the dude despite lifestealer being my current flavor of the month

Just came back to playing this game. Suddenly, 5 new heroes!
I played 2 games of ability draft and enjoyed both games.

I'm confused about the new additions like the crimson parcel, slots on items etc but hat's just me coming out of hiatus form this game.

Storage

Does anyone know that game that supposedly was SADBOYS that they went axe or whoever it was? maybe alliance? I really want to see it.... I havent played axe in a few but I still love the dude despite lifestealer being my current flavor of the month
It was Alliance vs Sigma for D2Cl I believe

One thing I've learned to do is when your team is struggling is to pick heroes that can transition from a support role to something that can have an impact and maybe change the outcome of a match. I dunno if semi-carry is the right term unless you'd describe a Aghs/Refresher Warlock or Lich as that.

I was playing as Phoenix. Bought courier, bought observers, sentries and dust, upgraded the courier, built Mekansm. At the midway point of the game we had a TA that was feeding hard (attacking blademail heroes, getting caught out alone and out of position all the time) and a Nyx that tried to gank a Bristleback, multiple times, so it was going about as well as you would imagine. I had more kills and assists than our mid as an offlane support so I transition into semi-carry mid-game, I build a Shivas and a Heart, at which point my 4-9 TA complains that her support is farming more than she is--which I wasn't, gold was earned mostly kills, assists and passive--and wants a gem. Having a feeding TA and Nyx on our team, I refuse to buy a gem and instead buy sentries and dust.

The TA kept complaining but I explained that she wasn't exactly carrying so at this point any items the supports, me and Lion, got helped in teamfights. Which it did, for a while. It just seemed logical not to rigidly adhere to the starting roles, the TA didn't exactly agree, kept complaining about the lack of gem, lack of support, saying I didn't buy shit, which was frustrating but I didn't know what else to do. Stay the course and drive into the brick wall you see coming? We lost eventually despite taking their mid and top racks. Players kept getting caught out solo, the teamfight that lost us the game was started by TA being caught alone fighting 1 on 3 in their jungle, we went in one by one, got wiped and lost. Just a lot of dumb mistakes cost a match we probably could've won.

I've managed to carry some games my team shouldn't have won on the backs of 4 golems, couldn't really do that as Phoenix but damn is that hero is fun to play as.

BearPawB

Banned
One thing I've learned to do is when your team is struggling is to pick heroes that can transition from a support role to something that can have an impact and maybe change the outcome of a match. I dunno if semi-carry is the right term unless you'd describe a Aghs/Refresher Warlock or Lich as that.

I was playing as Phoenix. Bought courier, bought observers, sentries and dust, upgraded the courier, built Mekansm. At the midway point of the game we had a TA that was feeding hard (attacking blademail heroes, getting caught out alone and out of position all the time) and a Nyx that tried to gank a Bristleback, multiple times, so it was going about as well as you would imagine. I had more kills and assists than our mid as an offlane support so I transition into semi-carry mid-game, I build a Shivas and a Heart, at which point my 4-9 TA complains that her support is farming more than she is--which I wasn't, gold was earned mostly kills, assists and passive--and wants a gem. Having a feeding TA and Nyx on our team, I refuse to buy a gem and instead buy sentries and dust.

The TA kept complaining but I explained that she wasn't exactly carrying so at this point any items the supports, me and Lion, got helped in teamfights. Which it did, for a while. It just seemed logical not to rigidly adhere to the starting roles, the TA didn't exactly agree, kept complaining about the lack of gem, lack of support, saying I didn't buy shit, which was frustrating but I didn't know what else to do. Stay the course and drive into the brick wall you see coming? We lost eventually despite taking their mid and top racks. Players kept getting caught out solo, the teamfight that lost us the game was started by TA being caught alone fighting 1 on 3 in their jungle, we went in one by one, got wiped and lost. Just a lot of dumb mistakes cost a match we probably could've won.

I've managed to carry some games my team shouldn't have won on the backs of 4 golems, couldn't really do that as Phoenix but damn is that hero is fun to play as.

What is the match ID?

skyz23

Neo Member
Just came back to playing this game. Suddenly, 5 new heroes!
I played 2 games of ability draft and enjoyed both games.

I'm confused about the new additions like the crimson parcel, slots on items etc but hat's just me coming out of hiatus form this game.
Ur not alone. 3months away from dota and it feel like its a different game lol

Nice. Picked up some more crap out of chests tonight but got a Kunka's shadow blade out of one.

25$ spent, Vyse and Shadowblade are the big hauls, I've sold most of the other stuff but I've kept most of the couriers.

Also got flowering treants twice.

So.

Bulldog just went 23/7/18 on PA with a Vanguard, Halberd, urn, hp boots, and Hood.

Edit: then he bought a bfly and talisman and took basically no damage from the well. Just standing there.

So.

Bulldog just went 23/7/18 on PA with a Vanguard, Halberd, urn, hp boots, and Hood.

Edit: then he bought a bfly and talisman and took basically no damage from the well. Just standing there.

People always stack damage on PA, but they should really go for survivability since with Coup she will hit like a truck with almost no items. Evasion stacks now (albeit diminishingly) so if the game goes long enough picking up a Talisman/Butterfly on someone like PA makes it comical.

Nymerio

People always stack damage on PA, but they should really go for survivability since with Coup she will hit like a truck with almost no items. Evasion stacks now (albeit diminishingly) so if the game goes long enough picking up a Talisman/Butterfly on someone like PA makes it comical.

How does stacking diminishingly work?

SamVimes

I know that it works, I wanted to know how it's calculated if you have multiple sources of evasion. Thanks for the table though.

I'm not sure if you understood now but just to be clear: say you have two butterflies, each gives 35% evasion. The game checks if your first butterfly lets you evade the attack (35%), the chance of not evading is 65% so if the first doesn't work the second roll will be 35% of the remaining 65. You do 35%+35% of 65=35+22=57.

For the pa example since blur has 40% evasion it's 40+35% of 60 (again 100-40)=40+21=61

inkls

I'm not sure if you understood now but just to be clear: say you have two butterflies, each gives 35% evasion. The game checks if your first butterfly lets you evade the attack (35%), the chance of not evading is 65% so if the first doesn't work the second roll will be 35% of the remaining 65. You do 35%+35% of 65=35+22=57.

For the pa example since blur has 40% evasion it's 40+35% of 60 (again 100-40)=40+21=61

What about PA's passive + 2 butterflies?

Also, anyone else seen an increase in centaur warrunner being played? If so, any reason?

I've been looking at offlaners lately. Anything similar to clinkz or timbersaw?

SamVimes

What about PA's passive + 2 butterflies?

Also, anyone else seen an increase in centaur warrunner being played? If so, any reason?

I've been looking at offlaners lately. Anything similar to clinkz or timbersaw?
It's like in the chart:
40%+35% of 60+35% of 41=40+21+14=75. I'm rounding up numbers so 74.65% should be correct.

Anteo

I dont know how I feel about the enemy throwing the game in 1 push. Yesterday we were getting destroyed in the mid game, and I made many mistakes including trying to go for aghs instead of getting a ghost staff (as I was the primary target of blademaster). But somehow after they got mid rax they dived hard bot all the way to the fountain one by one, and from that point we got 4v1 4v2 fights in the counterpush. We were like 10 kills behind at some point..

http://dotabuff.com/matches/525696635

Pretty anticlimatic really.

FACE

Banned

Acquire MKB, disregard evasion.

Nymerio

yesss, that's what I wanted to see. Thanks!

Anteo

Faceless void keeps evasion but not PA? Why is that?

In the original dota backtrack is a triggered heal, meaning the game will try to heal you before the damage happens, and heal you after for whatever damage is left, on top of that the spell doesnt care about the source of the damage or how is applied. On the other hand, evasion was a hardcoded spell in the wc3 that only worked for attacks. I remember that truestrike was just a boolean (either true or false) on the bash/critical harcoded spell that if set to true your attacks would not miss, but its been a long time since I opened the wc3 editor. So when truestrike was added to mkb, it would only work for harcoded evasion and they never added a check in the backtrack code to ignore the proc if the enemy has a mkb in truestrike mode (probably a design desicion)

Example of Backtrack:

You get ult'd by Lion: 600 damage (450 after spell resitance)
You currently have 600/800.

Event: Void is damaged
(If they wanted to, they could add a check here to see if the enemy has a true strike mode mkb, if he does, you could stop right here so the damage goes through, the biggest problem is that there is no way to know if the damage comes from an attack or a spell, but having lion buy a mkb to land the ult on void sounds ridiculous and fun)
Before the damage is applied you are healed by 200 (out of 450, so 250 is saved for later), now you have 800/800
Damage is applied now (-450) and you have 350/800
Now you get healed by the extra 250 and get back to 600/800.

This is also why you could not backtrack culling blade in dota1, as the damage was 100,000,000 (as oposed to just seting your hero as dead) so there was no way to survive unless you had more than 100,000,000 hp

IIRC, the code actually requires 2 events, one before the damage is applied, and one after the damage is aplied, so the code is in 2 methods instead of just one method. I bet they made it easier to code in the dota2 engine, I really want them to release the editor to mess with the spell code.

I actually lost with bristleback..can't believe it

Hero is so insane... I feel like I'm playing a new game after I took a 3 month break... all the great heroes are ones I never play. Last game I played, 7 minute vanguard, just stomped :p. I should up my pugna game, so good now.

JustinBB7

Starladder China also confirmed. Damn. V1lat going in hard!

Participating in SLTV Star Series China is currently six invited teams.

DK e-Sports
Invictus Gaming
LGD
Vici Gaming
"New Team"
TongFu.Wanzhou

Two more teams wlil be decided by the results of a qualifier, which will be held February 24-26. Participating in the qualifier are the following 4 teams:

DT.NGC (Xdd, Air, Injuly, Dreamyu, Super)
HGT (XiaoLv, Hong, Seven, Xy, Cys )
NE (Zcd, Shiki, AA, Aelx, XZ)
CIS (June, Ruoli, Inflame, Ayo, Demons)

Acinixys

I do not understand the communities love for Pudge

He cant support and he cant carry. He is a roaming ganker who needs to dominate the early game so him team can farm up
But in my experience this never happens

Whenever a pudge is picked I regret starting a MM search

Space created

Space is NEVER created when I have a pudge on my team

He leaves mid and stands at a side lane for 2 mins not hooking or ganking or being helpful, letting the enemy mid farm hardcore and get a huge level advantage

Then their Puck/QoP/Invoker leaves mid at 10 mins with boots and a blink/orchid and destroys

manfestival

I do not understand the communities love for Pudge

He cant support and he cant carry. He is a roaming ganker who needs to dominate the early game so him team can farm up
But in my experience this never happens

Whenever a pudge is picked I regret starting a MM search

Space created

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm sorry you've played with bad Pudges but a well played Pudge can make everybody on the team more effective.

Radec

Perma-chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq5hXbAMiVY
KuGsj.gif

manfestival

Space is NEVER created when I have a pudge on my team

He leaves mid and stands at a side lane for 2 mins not hooking or ganking or being helpful, letting the enemy mid farm hardcore and get a huge level advantage

Then their Puck/QoP/Invoker leaves mid at 10 mins with boots and a blink/orchid and destroys

Bro... the salt...

but in all seriousness, watch this. http://www.twitch.tv/shaneomad/c/3701737
it might shed some light on the whole deal. It just depends on if pudge is good or bad as there is no in between (often bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom