• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason not to play drow ranger. It's been really fun so far.

She's not really a great late game carry, and I don't think she's strong enough to warrant a safe lane, which she seems to need as there are a lot of mids that crap on her.

If icefraud could work her into a strong mid or hard laner, she would see more play. The aura is really good.

If you like her and want to take your ranged carrying to the next level, give weaver a try. I think sniper is better at carrying than her, but he can be tricky to learn how to last hit with (but imo, way easier than drow who has a god awful animation and subpar damage).

I'm still pretty new. I like this play style more than either wraith king or Zeus. So sniper out Weaver would be a good hero to go to from here.

injurai

Banned
lunaRider.gif

i'm dying

fiore

Banned
She's not really a great late game carry, and I don't think she's strong enough to warrant a safe lane, which she seems to need as there are a lot of mids that crap on her.

If icefraud could work her into a strong mid or hard laner, she would see more play. The aura is really good.

If you like her and want to take your ranged carrying to the next level, give weaver a try. I think sniper is better at carrying than her, but he can be tricky to learn how to last hit with (but imo, way easier than drow who has a god awful animation and subpar damage).
Her animation is not that bad. And her damage is not the best but far from subpar

I guess I figured the captain's draft tournament ticket would only cost 5 bucks because of the 1.25 towards tournament thing. But I guess it could be worse than 10...

Wish there was a ticket only set with no courier for 5. The last thing I need is another one.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Decided to give Phoenix a try. It's pretty enjoyable!

Game I did best in we had an afk jungle midas Beastmaster and a Pudge mid who both were from Egypt. Pudge didn't do very well.

vNVdI9s.png

traveler

Not Wario
Luna hardest carry confirmed.

And, yeah, eating my words on Phoenix. Got in 3 pub games with him and I really enjoy the hero. Still wish Sunray was a little more useful. (Maybe remove the ability to refresh fire spirits debuff from fire spirits, letting do a small flat amount of dmg on reapplication instead to weaken that spell a bit- as it is his strongest- but allow Sunray to refresh both its debuff and the Icarus Dive debuff? Too strong?) Do need a team with some lockdown, though, to justify picking a support without any.

Why can't I rodeo mechs in this game?

Batrider v Timber?

Chris R

Gotta love it, queue for 10 minutes only to end up with two Chinese speakers on my team who bitch about the lag and proceed to feed the other team non-stop.

Wouldn't have been that bad except for the fact that the other team were dicks and didn't finish the game until Bloodseeker had Dagon 5.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/433773032364043513/13BD27311546D7A819A2649B284FE7A56756CC15/
Guess which one picked jugg and went 0-10 and which one picked Kunkka and went 2-12?

Played a couple games with a weaver. He seems really item dependent on his dps. Using the sprint to catch up to foes and finish them off was great. The desolator plus medallion is a nice touch to help get them down. Does hitting them with a critter right off the bat really improve your chances to kill?

Sibylus

Banned
Played a couple games with a weaver. He seems really item dependent on his dps. Using the sprint to catch up to foes and finish them off was great. The desolator plus medallion is a nice touch to help get them down. Does hitting them with a critter right off the bat really improve your chances to kill?
The beetles reduce a point of armor with every attack, so it certainly does (particularly if you have a point into the skill early). Really effective if you swarm them up in a position where they can't instantly knock the bug off and have to run for safety first.

STEAM WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING I WAS TRYING TO DOTO AFTER WORK BUT...

I also kinda gave up on playing Ranked. Solo Q suffer is too much. Everyone wants to play carry or plays a support as carry or blahblahblah [Insert common dota complaint]. While I would consider myself more of a carry player myself (I'm good at farming), I'm a better than average support player but...the tears I get when no one takes advantage of my set ups is just too much salt. Or I'll go mid, call my miss, a lane get ganked anyway and now game is lost because of mad/bads that says I didn't call miss.

I'm trying to learn to ignore chat (which I do in most cases) but...

Why do my friends gotta play LoL??? At least I could have fun with them even though they're bad :(

Raytow

Any recommendations for support Alch I'm enjoying him but besides the medallion, mek and mana ring, what are other must have items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom