• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is at higher levels people don't play like morons and don't feed the pudge making him useless.

Pudges are so rare to dominate in anything even resembling high mm that it's easier to write them off completely.

Kreunt

Banned
I do not understand the communities love for Pudge

He cant support and he cant carry. He is a roaming ganker who needs to dominate the early game so him team can farm up
But in my experience this never happens

It's because this is a video game and hooking people is fun.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Had my first half decent game as Razor ever last night, went like 12-8-14 and really we won because our TA carried us hard against Viper and PA. But like, I really want to like Razor but I almost never have any luck with him. He just feels so goddamn squishy at all stages of the game, even with the damage steal, which I don't feel like I get nearly enough use out of because at most circumstances where I have an opportunity to use it they can just run behind their tower.

How do you guys make Razor work?

Had my first half decent game as Razor ever last night, went like 12-8-14 and really we won because our TA carried us hard against Viper and PA. But like, I really want to like Razor but I almost never have any luck with him. He just feels so goddamn squishy at all stages of the game, even with the damage steal, which I don't feel like I get nearly enough use out of because at most circumstances where I have an opportunity to use it they can just run behind their tower.

I think it helps to lane/push with somoene who has a stun, you initiate the link, they stun, and that gives you at least a few seconds to steal damage. At that point, they are so afraid of you that you can push the tower with your extra damage even if they run

sixghost

I like making Mek and Drums, then BKB on him, so you don't die so quickly.

Artanisix

He cant support and he cant carry. He is a roaming ganker who needs to dominate the early game so him team can farm up

it's because pudge is fun

Whenever a pudge is picked I regret starting a MM search

He is fun. I agree he utterly sucks and is easily among the weakest heroes in the pool though.

Finally got my battlefury for void....

Spent the last 3 games getting used to him again.

Love him.

But.. last game we had a Naga.

She set up good songs.

But my team literally stood right next to the group of enemies... preventing me from using chrono even with a perfect setup.
I ended up catching them all in a chrono... even though they are standing right next to them during the song and then the "omg n00b report void!!!!!1111" starts.

<3 <3 <3

I just played again a Terrorblade for the first time and his ultimate is amazingly bullshit. It feels like it's the best nuke/heal in the game and if your team blows your stuns/silences early on in a team fight you're screwed.

dmshaposv

Yeah now the faceless void is buffed, and a battlefury purchasable at the market for an acceptable price - I've been trying him again.

Do you guys always go QB, tango, salve > Glove of haste > boots > midas > treads > MoM > Mjolnir and then what?

Daedalus? Butterfly? MKB?

I tried battlefury over Mjolnir and it takes too long. Plus the attack speed bonus over the cleave works out better.

Raytow

Io is pretty sick support, too bad he is too micromanagey for my skill, but seems like in good hands you could have the best support in the game.

Yeah now the faceless void is buffed, and a battlefury purchasable at the market for an acceptable price - I've been trying him again.

Do you guys always go QB, tango, salve > Glove of haste > boots > midas > treads > MoM > Mjolnir and then what?

I tried battlefury over Mjolnir and it takes too long. Plus the attack speed bonus over the cleave works out better.

I've been skipping midas and going qb, treads, BF, yasha, Manta, Mjo

It's been working great on times when I can get farm. Last game I got a KOTL as support and he got me solo killed twice when he refused to give me mana so I could timewalk or chrono out. And he was consistently pushing the lane with illuminate... yawn.

ksan

I'd say the only reasonable Bfury build is Bfury->MoM/BKB
Usually for me it ends up being MoM first or Ogre Club then MoM, but sometimes you gotta go BKB first.

But if you wanna go the other route, I'd get Midas, then build up MoM/Mael or something, then Daedalus or Bfly depending on if you need pure damage or want more control/survivability.
And remember to get a BKB somewhere along the way if it's needed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I just played again a Terrorblade for the first time and his ultimate is amazingly bullshit. It feels like it's the best nuke/heal in the game and if your team blows your stuns/silences early on in a team fight you're screwed.

he has to be right next to you (or someone) to use it (250 range) and he has a .5s cast point as well and it's also blocked by linken's in dota 2, yeah it's powerful, but it has plenty of limitations

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Legion Commander
Medusa
Sven
Wraith King
Phantom Assassin

Acinixys

he has to be right next to you (or someone) to use it (250 range) and he has a .5s cast point as well and it's also blocked by linken's in dota 2, yeah it's powerful, but it has plenty of limitations

I played a game with a classic troll TB. Rushed Shadow Blade and Dagon 5. Would let creeps get him to about 400 Hp, would walk up to a hero and ult + dagon them

Was pretty funny.

Low Tier
lcs scary if they rush blink
dusa is my secret waifu
sven is ass 100% fuck that hero
wraith king is ownage unless anbokrs playing it hten its literally wraith peasant
pa is ownage.

sven brew brood spectre necrophos

and peruvian miranas

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
lcs scary if they rush blink
dusa is my secret waifu
sven is ass 100% fuck that hero
wraith king is ownage unless anbokrs playing it hten its literally wraith peasant
pa is ownage.

sven brew brood spectre necrophos

and peruvian miranas

bro u still mad i completely rekt ur sniper with wraith king 1v1 mid? fkn eziest game of my life out cs'd u so hard
oh yah i forgot about broodmother

Haly

LC has no lane presence and a slow and fragile jungle. She can't gank until 6 and she can't solo gank very well either. She gets shut down by a few key wards and callouts. She needs items in order to be able to win duels solo, but every item she gets delays her Blink/Sblade.

I would take a Lycan or LD over her in the jungle any day.

How would people feel about something that builds into Blink Dagger (while still not giving it any stats) in order to make it easier for supports?

Maybe a mini-Blink with a much higher CD/much lower range. Call it Flash something.

Haly

While I would personally love Blink being easier to build, Force Staff already fills that very same niche and it was nerfed for a reason. With the new change to Blink, it's stronger than ever and doesn't need to be further buffed by making it easily buildable.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
literally nothing anbokr has posted in this thread is true.

also streaming for a few hours. Hoping to win some points back.

My mods are still potatoes

http://www.twitch.tv/109dota

KZCkLnR.png

eziest mid of my life fkn took 2000 mmr from u

While I would personally love Blink being easier to build, Force Staff already fills that very same niche and it was nerfed for a reason. With the new change to Blink, it's stronger than ever and doesn't need to be further buffed by making it easily buildable.
If you'll believe it I completely forgot Force Staff existed.

Never mind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom