• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

You know what I like most about these games?
These "drafts" seem a lot more similar to the kind of pub drafts we see on a daily basis when queing.

I really dig this CD thing so far..

Gonna have to disagree with everything except for ogre and medusa. None of those heroes are bad and all do some great things. Seeing Tusk and Axe on that list especially, interesting.

We had a CM game with a drow draft last night that we should've won, just made a couple mistakes. Don't underestimate her aura contributing to ranged hero damage, it's nuts and can secure your two solo lanes. Her ulti is a lot of free damage, especially when pushing, and her new silence has some interesting utility as well. Don't know if I like it more or less than her old one, it's way different and will take some practice.

Sniper's new range is absolutely insane, an aware player can do tons of work with it. See milk's offlane sniper in IH.

Tusk is now a very powerful ganker with the changes to snowball. The potential to misuse the skill and dick over your team is there, but clockwork can dick you with cogs for example and is still considered fine. Punch is decent damage and a cc that goes through bkb, sigil is crazy, and shards allow him to lock in kills for his team.

Undying falls off horribly yeah, he's probably on the lower end, but because of how good he is if you can get him ahead and pushing I don't think you can write him off.

BS I'm on the fence about, I haven't seen anyone take a real shot at him this patch and might do so myself. The changes to bloodbath help him a lot in getting away from ganks and living in fights and thirst gives a ton of damage now.

Axe is really good, the new passive regen is bonkers. If you don't think he's legit check out this match. Blink call is crazy good aoe disable, chopping heads is very strong, and hunger eats supports (lol), especially underlevelled tri lane supports.

Can't say pudge is always a free mid. Yeah, he's not the best laner, but he's not particularly worse against a lot of things than dk is, or ns. Pudge completely changes the way the other team has to play, much like nyx, storm, or riki. He's a powerful ganking force on the map as long as he remains unpredictable. Give him some stacks of flesh heap and he's a tanky beast that can pull you far out of position, dictating teamfights throughout the game.

Don't put wd on this list until you've tried his new heal. Pretty good.

Granted I don't think all the above heroes are really good, they certainly have some weaknesses, but they can all be useful.

What's your bottom 10 then? Any of those heroes on that list is basically an auto loss at my bracket (4k) and gets outshone by other heroes who are better at what these ten do.

Kard8p3

Oh wow, played two matches early this morning, one as tusk and then one as Nyx, but apparently the servers didn't save the Tusk one :/

So this is basically another type of list with the heroes that people fail at most of the time because they have a hard time winning with these heroes in an uncoordinated team? I don't agree with all of them, but Io is definitely the prime example of; no coordination/communication = lost game.

I've been playing around more with Ember lately and although he's squishy; he's so damn fun to play and can be "almost" unkillable if you keep jumping out of engagements you're about to lose with his ult. He's VERY item depend though, but his high base movement speed and his ult really make him fall in a category of high mobility glass cannon heroes.
I love that the flame shield blocks an amazing amount of magic damage and that you can dodge a shit ton of spells with sleight of fists...

Pretty much yeah.

Wex invoker is pretty popular in the games I play so ember doesn't see much play. He's very mana dependant and the emp changes just ruin him. To be fair though, that describes like 80% of the heroes in the game and invoker is just insane right now.

Skab

People.

PEOPLE. For the love of all that is holy.

If you are defending, do NOT fight outside your base. Stop. Don't do it. Don't even try to walk down there and poke them with something. Because you will die. And you will lose your rax, and probably the game, as a result.

This is not a hard concept. I wish people would just understand.

Thai

Bane was better.
What's up with these offerings?! If today's the last chance to fight the beast, why do I still have a bunch of offerings still not picked up!?

sixghost

Break is not in my vocabulary. Wanting to win should not make me play worse.
Maybe if you were playing some physical sport where getting pissed off or frustrated could be channeled into playing better through sheer effort, but you're playing a computer game. Once you go on tilt and get the attitude of "I need to make things happen because my team sucks", you're done.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
qnlwFnY.jpg

Yeah. Taking a break.

KingKong

I'd think there would be a 6.80b or something that would add a few heroes to CM and Dota 1 getting 6.80b and Wu Kong but I dont know why they'd just release this patch separately

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'd like to see an Ember Spirit in competitive. Maybe someone in that CD tourny will give him a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom