• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For real though, who's going to play Gunz2 with me.

Let me show you my k-style.

sixghost

As a Meepo player, what is the best way to control group them? I've seen Merlini say to individually control group each Meepo, but this seems ridiculous once you have 5 Meepos and others have said to simply have your main on one control group and the others on a second, with a third for all of your Meepos; the issue here is that I find you don't have enough control and are constantly spamming tab to get anything done.

Obviously I'm horrible with micro, as my 6/18 game with Meepo would attest to, but even playing him in bot games I just find that once you have 4 or more it becomes pretty impossible to utilise all of your Meepos without them all just dying.

It just seems like there are too many ways to counter the hero. AOE, single target burst, slows, stuns, high DPS and without the option for BKB he is just too susceptible to any kind of magic damage throughout the entire game.
I think the best way to do it is
1 Main Meepo
2 All other Meepos
3 All Meepos
4 Meepos two and three
5 Meepos four and five

The easy way to play meepo is to think of him as two units, main meepo and secondary meepos, no matter how many clones you have. Think of the main meepo as a point that you can teleport to at any time, and your secondary meepos as your farmers (once you're level 10 at least). You need to get comfortable tabbing abilities. Tab through poofs when you're jungling or pushing a lane, tab through nets when you're in a fight.

You should really learn to blink poof too, if you want to play him more. He's a completely different hero with and without blink.

Are you supposed to just farm like crazy until you are basically unkillable and then go into fights, because I found I was getting focused super hard, since 5 squishy targets seem to be an easy way to earn free gold.
That's my entire strategy with him most of the time. The clones are so easy to kill until you get scepter. You can solo rosh once you have scepter and level 10, which helps a ton. Then once you get blink dagger you can start really picking people off. If that goes well you should be able to farm a skadi around 25 minutes, then you've got maybe 10 minutes to crush everyone.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
1. Drow Ranger
2. Sniper
3. Tusk
4. Undying
5. Bloodseeker
6. Axe
7. Medusa
8. Ogre Magi
9. Pudge
10. Witch Doctor

Pudge grants the enemy mid free farm unless he hooks him. He gets outlaned by everyone unless he happens to catch the opponent out of position. Having a free farming Puck, Storm Spirit or Dragon Knight mid can ruin your game.

And I swear it's impossible to win a game with Drow at 4K MMR. She deals no damage and melts once anybody closes the gap on her. So bad.

Gonna have to disagree with everything except for ogre and medusa. None of those heroes are bad and all do some great things. Seeing Tusk and Axe on that list especially, interesting.

We had a CM game with a drow draft last night that we should've won, just made a couple mistakes. Don't underestimate her aura contributing to ranged hero damage, it's nuts and can secure your two solo lanes. Her ulti is a lot of free damage, especially when pushing, and her new silence has some interesting utility as well. Don't know if I like it more or less than her old one, it's way different and will take some practice.

Sniper's new range is absolutely insane, an aware player can do tons of work with it. See milk's offlane sniper in IH.

Tusk is now a very powerful ganker with the changes to snowball. The potential to misuse the skill and dick over your team is there, but clockwork can dick you with cogs for example and is still considered fine. Punch is decent damage and a cc that goes through bkb, sigil is crazy, and shards allow him to lock in kills for his team.

Undying falls off horribly yeah, he's probably on the lower end, but because of how good he is if you can get him ahead and pushing I don't think you can write him off.

BS I'm on the fence about, I haven't seen anyone take a real shot at him this patch and might do so myself. The changes to bloodbath help him a lot in getting away from ganks and living in fights and thirst gives a ton of damage now.

Axe is really good, the new passive regen is bonkers. If you don't think he's legit check out this match. Blink call is crazy good aoe disable, chopping heads is very strong, and hunger eats supports (lol), especially underlevelled tri lane supports.

Can't say pudge is always a free mid. Yeah, he's not the best laner, but he's not particularly worse against a lot of things than dk is, or ns. Pudge completely changes the way the other team has to play, much like nyx, storm, or riki. He's a powerful ganking force on the map as long as he remains unpredictable. Give him some stacks of flesh heap and he's a tanky beast that can pull you far out of position, dictating teamfights throughout the game.

Don't put wd on this list until you've tried his new heal. Pretty good.

Granted I don't think all the above heroes are really good, they certainly have some weaknesses, but they can all be useful.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
They pushed it one day at a time since friday so I have no clue tbh :( I'm hoping at least I'll have something by thursday when I'm gonna be off work.

Oh dangit!

tumblr_mu3yqgLG6K1rlo1q2o1_500.gif

Acinixys

lol in this NEXT.KZ vs VP game NEXT killed rosh but forgot to pick up aegis, so it sat in the rosh pit for like a full min

@Ray

Thats why I only bet on SAD and Navi

Even if they lose at least the game was fun to watch. That VP game was mega boring

holy shit at the amount of abandoners , ragequitters and leavers in ability pick mode...
don't get the ability combo you wanted? abandon
lose your lane with your 3 passive build? abandon

They need to make low prio last a week or something since clearly the current penalty is not enough of a detterent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom