• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
question: someone is trying to buy my dota 2 compendium that i bought on a whim when it was first on sale.

does this thing have much value? what is it worth? i'm not much of a dota2 player.

thanks guys!

sephi22

question: someone is trying to buy my dota 2 compendium that i bought on a whim when it was first on sale.

does this thing have much value? what is it worth? i'm not much of a dota2 player.

thanks guys!

Its going for $50 and above on the marketplace.
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/The International 2013 Interactive Compendium

Sell that biznatch.
You get a bunch of shit if you use it, but if you're not playing much, you don't need it. You can get 2-5 steam games with that kinda money.

Airan

Kreunt

Banned
I honestly think he's just one of those heroes with one or two ideal builds (similar to AM).

Drums --> Deso ---> Crit or mass BFs are simply the most effective builds because of sleight of fist. The former is the more unselfish team oriented build, the latter is a more selfish higher damage build, and it's so so satisfying if you ever hit the double bfury + crit point of the game... oh man, one or two shotting entire teams regardless of their farm. Vlads was an interesting choice by fear, but someone was saying vlads is bugged and doesn't lifesteal during sleight, mjolnir is often thrown out as a potential build, but I think in dota 2 it's bugged where you can only get a max of 1 mjolnir proc per sleight making it extremely ineffective.

Maelstrom is underrated on him IMO, its cheap as shit, gives a nice chunk of +damage and a single proc of chain lightning (which you'll get almost every time you SoF) is pretty significant in early game.
I agree mjolnir is a waste of gold though, all that extra attack speed is pretty worthless for him.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Maelstrom is underrated on him IMO, its cheap as shit, gives a nice chunk of +damage and a single proc of chain lightning (which you'll get almost every time you SoF) is pretty significant in early game.
I agree mjolnir is a waste of gold though, all that extra attack speed is pretty worthless for him.

'Maelstorm' is the best item for Ember early in the game, goes well with an 'orb of venom' (for that quick area slow debuff).

The maelstrom bug doesn't seem like a dealbreaker to me, a lot of the time you would only get one lightning anyway, unless there's a handy nearby creepwave, and one lightning is still more than you get from any other item for 2700 gold.

It's kind of a dead end item though because it doesn't scale with other damage items the way cleave, crit and minus armour do. But otoh sometimes you just want the most early game impact.

They should really fix that bug though, I don't know why it's taken so long, I wonder if it's going to become a "feature".

SamVimes

The maelstrom bug doesn't seem like a dealbreaker to me, a lot of the time you would only get one lightning anyway, unless there's a handy nearby creepwave, and one lightning is still more than you get from any other item for 2700 gold.

It's kind of a dead end item though because it doesn't scale with other damage items the way cleave, crit and minus armour do. But otoh sometimes you just want the most early game impact.

They should really fix that bug though, I don't know why it's taken so long, I wonder if it's going to become a "feature".

It's a 2700 dead end item that gives you little more than the alternatives. Getting a double lightning proc at least wouldn't be difficult at all, it's not rare to hit 5+targets with a sof.

Demoli

Man I absolutely love Ember, good to know he's in CM now, shame Earth didn't follow, maybe next patch when he recieves a ew minor buffs.

About his item build, I usually go mid or solo safe lane with bottle into phase, drums and then straight Deso, gives you a really nice balance of tank, sustainability and damage.

Nirvana

If you select two Meepos manually, using the mouse, will tab only cycle through the ones selected, or any in the control group associated with the ones selected?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

thanks guys!

If you have one that wasn't activated, they are pretty rare at this point, and likely sought by hat barrens item collectors.

Sanjay

Hylian I watched 1.09's stream once and he got paired with a real dope. The trench is infinite.

This is true, I saw 1.09 play with Terrorblade defending racks by him self and killing pretty much the whole other team. His team had the win but they be idiots.

This game man. I gotta stop playing at this hour. I was playing bristle, had a heart and AC 25 mins in, all their towers down, they had none.

Had a russian NP and a russian Razer, both started feeding LS and AM and we ended up losing the game after having such an incredible advatange. Doesnt help BH went dagon lvl 5. Natures couldnt even 1 v 1 a rubick and he was 6 slotted.

Release Date: Mar 19, 2014 http://store.steampowered.com/app/245550/

The Free to Play Competitor's Pack will also be available for purchase on Steam and the Dota 2 Store on March 19th, 2014. 25% of the sales will be distributed to the players featured in the film as well as the contributors. The Free to Play Pack will include the following:

Item_sets_promo.png

- Fear's Sven Set - Created by Jeremy Klein, Ziedrich
- hyhy's Doom Set - Created by Vermillion Wlad
- Dendi’s Pudge Set – Created by Danidem, Bronto ϟ Thunder
- Free to Play Wards – Created by Valve
- Free to Play HUD – Created by Valve
- Free to Play Courier – Created by Valve
No one post this yet?

Edit well screw you Justin mine is better

manfestival

what is the deal with this free to play movie? does it cost like 20 dollars or something?

Also, ember is doing fine. They built the right items to counter him. That abyssal from naix to ember is hurting him too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom