• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yep, I feel horrible when I win a game with people raging the whole time and/or not listening to team, calling gg at 3-5 minutes in, blaming their teammates. Means these guys are getting a higher rank without learning anything. Almost makes me want to throw.

I mean, there's only one person who was in every game you lost, you. You're the only constant in all your games, you'd think people would realize that and take the time to analyze their own plays instead of wasting time raging at their teammates.

What do you learn if you spend the game raging at someone else? Even if you told them to get good, there's not much chances you'll see them again anyway.

Heck, I had a game where our omniknight was raging after specter for farming...

She then told him she had her ult (meaning she could join teamfights instantly), but no, keeps raging about how she doesn't stick with the team lol. That guy wasted time raging at his own team and learned nothing.

I agree with you.

It takes far less humility to blame everyone else on your team for the loss than it does to accept the loss and attempt to learn from it.

That's why raging is so common. The quiet ones or the ones that are communicating tactics are usually the ones that are more humble and level-headed.

FACE

Banned
Yep, I feel horrible when I win a game with people raging the whole time and/or not listening to team, calling gg at 3-5 minutes in, blaming their teammates. Means these guys are getting a higher rank without learning anything. Almost makes me want to throw.

I mean, there's only one person who was in every game you lost, you. You're the only constant in all your games, you'd think people would realize that and take the time to analyze their own plays instead of wasting time raging at their teammates.

What do you learn if you spend the game raging at someone else? Even if you told them to get good, there's not much chances you'll see them again anyway.

She then told him she had her ult (meaning she could join teamfights instantly), but no, keeps raging about how she doesn't stick with the team lol. That guy wasted time raging at his own team and learned nothing.

Basically why I only play if I have at least 3 other party members with me, and even then I have my reservations about playing with a random dude.

Finalow

It's not like they took the money and ran back to the US. They're staying in Korea for at least a year and bringing more attention to the scene there, and hopefully raising the level of play.
well, sure, that's a way of viewing things i, or better, that's how purge explained it. another way is that they went there for easy money and especially for easy wins, since they probably couldn't do much in US.

So? They are making a run at being pro and so far have been successful. Hopefully they continue to grow and get better.
nothing wrong with it, best of luck to them. it's just that seeing purge, Blitz, Eosin in a wannabe pro team, with Bamboe too (!) made me laugh pretty hard.

Thai

Bane was better.

People who GG early and often are THE WORST. They think they're pro players who can predict the outcome of the whole game based on a few minutes. Heck, even the pros don't GG until the very end. Of course it ends up being self-fullfilling prophecy most of the time because they give up and don't play-to-win anymore, causing some of the other players to give up too.

Early GG'ers are the actual n00bs of Dota.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
People who GG early and often are THE WORST. They think they're pro players who can predict the outcome of the whole game based on a few minutes. Heck, even the pros don't GG until the very end. Of course it ends up being self-fullfilling prophecy most of the time because they give up and don't play-to-win anymore, causing some of the other players to give up too.

Seriously, I hate those people. Sure, give up so you never learn how to play from behind.

manfestival

all this talk of rage and thinking they are pro players reminds me of how many times I will be watching a stream of a pro player with an alternate name. Then someone on their team rages at them calling them a noob, ultimately leading up to the best line ever which makes me laugh everytime are i see, "THIS NOOB THINKS HES A PRO" or "YOU ARENT EVEN PRO YOU SCRUB". The more you know

Granadier

well, sure, that's a way of viewing things i, or better, that's how purge explained it. another way is that they went there for easy money and especially for easy wins, since they probably couldn't do much in US.

nothing wrong with it, best of luck to them. it's just that seeing purge, Blitz, Eosin in a wannabe pro team, with Bamboe too (!) made me laugh pretty hard.

Damn dude, you have some hardcore grudges going on.

Did Kevin sleep with the girl you liked in high school or something?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management

Well then you also know how Blitz went over there alone to lose hard before his friends came to help him after his team abandoned him. Sounds like a fortuitous situation to me, but enjoy your cynical worldview.

inkls

I agree with you.

It takes far less humility to blame everyone else on your team for the loss than it does to accept the loss and attempt to learn from it.

That's why raging is so common. The quiet ones or the ones that are communicating tactics are usually the ones that are more humble and level-headed.

Pretty much, my personal philosophy is that I can only blame my teammates if I did no mistakes which is impossible so it helps keeping calm. Even if my team goes full retard, why wasn't I able to carry them? What mistakes did I make that made the situation worse?

Key to Dota and games in general is the capacity of introspection.

Basically why I only play if I have at least 3 other party members with me, and even then I have my reservations about playing with a random dude.

Lucky you, I don't have much people to party up that are near my mmr (2640-ish currently) so I stick solo. Some of my favorite moments in solo though is being matched with a 4-stack and doing so well that they invite you to play more games with them.

Yeah, they also end up so focused on the other player's mistakes, they make some themselves, but don't realize it. The surrender function in lol when I used to play it pissed me off so much because when I play games I have the "never surrender" mentality.

I remember a game of lol where two guys on my team were carrying us, but raging at us the whole time about how the game was over, they stopped being fed because they kept diving 1v5-2v5. Was embarassing, because the game wasn't even much in the other team's favor...

Finalow

Damn dude, you have some hardcore grudges going on.
dude, what grudges? Lol. just because that team is comical and I don't see their trip to Korea as the savior of doto gaming in mother land Korea doesn't mean I hold a grudge.
it's ok for you to like purge, I don't judge.

Granadier

Pretty much, my personal philosophy is that I can only blame my teammates if I did no mistakes which is impossible so it helps keeping calm. Even if my team goes full retard, why wasn't I able to carry them? What mistakes did I make that made the situation worse?

Key to Dota and games in general is the capacity of introspection.

Lucky you, I don't have much people to party up that are near my mmr (2640-ish currently) so I stick solo. Some of my favorite moments in solo though is being matched with a 4-stack and doing so well that they invite you to play more games with them.

Yeah, they also end up so focused on the other player's mistakes, they make some themselves, but don't realize it. The surrender function in lol when I used to play it pissed me off so much because when I play games I have the "never surrender" mentality.

I remember a game of lol where two guys on my team were carrying us, but raging at us the whole time about how the game was over, they stopped being fed because they kept diving 1v5-2v5. Was embarassing, because the game wasn't even much in the other team's favor...

I'm going to start inviting you to games when I'm online.

Jex

It certainly only takes one awful player (or good player having a bad day) to ruin your 4 stack.

Granadier

Woo we got the vid for Beaver Knight reviewed by SingSing uploaded on his channel. Prob will see it on the workshop on Sunday when Thiago gets home :)

what a saga!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIuG9_0J6WE

He's adorable!!

haha alright, I think the only game we ever player together was a wraith night game in december.

I think you're right.
I tend not to invite people when I play Dota because I usually only play 1-2 games and I'm off.
This weekend though I'll be able to play some more, so I'll send you an invite.

Ketch

didn't know abut Team Zephyr, lol. they also went to Korea in order to win vs some super low tier teams, lol. such a joke.

Wow, the envy is palpable.

I like it. After watching competitive starcraft for awhile it's fun to see some american's winning esports in korea for a change.

Also, I don't understand the purge hate. Sure he's not the best, but his personality is amicable and his videos are generally fun to watch.

KingKong

its funny, people get so excited for Dendi Pudge and then what happens is he hits a couple of hooks and misses a bunch of hooks and becomes irrelevant after 15 minutes

manfestival

its funny, people get so excited for Dendi Pudge and then what happens is he hits a couple of hooks and misses a bunch of hooks and becomes irrelevant after 15 minutes

its like watching a regular dendi game. hes usually ace in matches with his team but this is more pub level dendi

ok i've been away for so long. Can someone explain why Skeleton King (apparently now wraith king) is now viable on Pro matches? I can't remember him being used in pro matches even if his 3rd skill was changed to active.

Jex

Well he was a little off the mark in the early game but then he was pretty much hooking everything after the first 7 minutes.

Karakand

I was playing against some Russians last night and understand enough Russian now to know that someone on their team was calling GG in all chat after my lane dominated early. My team eventually pulled its best EG impression (me included) and that player was mashing "РАКИ" in all chat like it was pot of boiled potatoes during the actual GGs that conclude a game. (That word translates to crawfish or lobster I think, but it's used synonymously with "noob".) I was like damn B, you have a painful lack of self-awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom