• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dota_item_tools_of_the_master_thief_large.84c9a76a1e1fab2e4084906ca008cd33fb3ecc18.png

Martheron

I'm kind of bummed that there hasn't been a Venomancer set yet. I love the guy and he looks cool as all get out but come on, I'd figure he'd have something by now with the new model.

Also, I'm interested in trying to play nyx as I can (I assume) do either support or ganker. Only thing is I haven't ever touched him and all the guides I can find are dated at least a year old if not older. Can someone point me to a decent one or two I can read in my down time so I have an idea as to what I should try and build?

Acinixys

All the new sets are ugly as shit (apart from Anuxis)

There are so many top tier sets in the workshop but they keep accepting crap

pls volvo

ElyrionX

No interest in any of the new sets except maybe Skywrath. He's not a hero I play though it's all good.

Loading screens are interesting. How do they work? Do you have to manually equip them? Can you buy a few and have them come out randomly?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
holy shit that weaver set is legit awful and terrifying, makes him look like fungal furion + brood + slark lovechild

No interest in any of the new sets except maybe Skywrath. He's not a hero I play though it's all good.

Loading screens are interesting. How do they work? Do you have to manually equip them? Can you buy a few and have them come out randomly?
You manually equip them in the courier/announcer/ward equip screen. There's a slot for them.

Need some FRAPS tips. Been recording some highlights to put together a potential montage video for fun but the FRAPS files are absolutely huge. Do you guys have any tips for making the file sizes more reasonable?

ElyrionX

You manually equip them in the courier/announcer/ward equip screen. There's a slot for them.

Yeah, that's not an ideal implementation. Going to pass until they do it better.

Not that I was going to buy them at a buck a pop anyway. Would probably have waited for them to drop to 10 cents on the market place.

Fuchsdh

I'm kind of bummed that there hasn't been a Venomancer set yet. I love the guy and he looks cool as all get out but come on, I'd figure he'd have something by now with the new model.

Also, I'm interested in trying to play nyx as I can (I assume) do either support or ganker. Only thing is I haven't ever touched him and all the guides I can find are dated at least a year old if not older. Can someone point me to a decent one or two I can read in my down time so I have an idea as to what I should try and build?

I loved Venomancer back in the DotA 1 days, but I can't get into him now. I realized that it has a lot to do with his model--it's cool and all but I liked the feel of the Hydra so much more.

The "underwater" Jolly Roger HUD is pretty cool looking.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got me a Pugna set and the good Loading Screen, aw yeah. Wonder why the Pugna set is common on the store, since the Netheward is Rare and the Mantle is Uncommon, I thought Valve just went with the highest rarity item when saying what rarity a set was.

If it works like he says it does, its not actually going to work. Putting in hero names does not guarantee you will get all the items for that hero, or even if the items will be for that hero.

Looks like the Tutorial is going to start asking you which side you want the minimap on. Wonder if its doing that now.

Mohasus

Need some FRAPS tips. Been recording some highlights to put together a potential montage video for fun but the FRAPS files are absolutely huge. Do you guys have any tips for making the file sizes more reasonable?

I like shadowplay but that's NVIDIA 600 series or higher only.

Quesa

I don't play weaver but I like that set. I like the idea of people making sets that aren't traditionally appealing, specifically on heroes on weaver who aren't supposed to be your waifu or on the cover of a Disturbed album or some shit.

kasane

After the terrible losing streak my solo rating is now at 3.6k, i got 3.9 on placement

meanwhile my party rating was 3.4 on placement now its on 4k

volvo giving me a sign not to solo queue anymore

sixghost

The new broodmother doesn't seem very good at all. On multiple occasions I was completely stuck in the trees because they threw a puck orb and dusted me.

Ketch

I played my first actual game in like forever, and we won, by a lot. Went 5/2/16 on Omniknight. Got soul ring, mana boots, vanguard, and eventually AC. Feels good. Omni is such a pub stomper.

Artanisix

The new broodmother doesn't seem very good at all. On multiple occasions I was completely stuck in the trees because they threw a puck orb and dusted me.

That reminds me how I've been hooking people into trees as Pudge and then blinking out so they don't have free walking. loooooooool

Acinixys

I wanted to relax and play a ez game, so i jumped onto my 20 games played baby account

Man was it a terrible idea. My team was the lowest of the lowest common denominator

I instalocked QoP and called mid. Team picks and the last pick is a Pudge

I sigh and flame him a bit, then go top with Nyx. We get 4 kills in lane and I start roaming

Enemy team gets fed as hell. Then Slark abandons followed by OD

30 Minutes later i manage to get the Lords of Noobtown to push mid and end

I was 18/0 at one point, but Ursa was just to big and was shitting out damage towards the end.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Elder Titan, Lifestealer, Puck, Treant, and Vengeful Spirit are ready for Cosmetics now, all we have to do is wait for Valve to put the base models up (Actually, people don't even have to wait, its just best practice and all).

Vengeful Spirit lost a bunch of items slots, but her remaining slots now have pretty large texture and ploy budgets now.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yeah the tree walking thing isn't working out. Time to go back to the drawing board. Same deal with huskar's berserker's blood--I don't like that despite his magic res. he's still forced to buy bkb. He's also way too vulnerable to physical damage since his massive agi nerf and ghost scepter change. IMO the two remade pub terrors are now back to being the two worst heroes in the game.

Sibylus

Banned
Not being able to walk off the map fixes her just fine, I think. Timbersaw still shits in her soup with freerun through trees and cliffs under webs.

ElyrionX

I wanted to relax and play a ez game, so i jumped onto my 20 games played baby account

Man was it a terrible idea. My team was the lowest of the lowest common denominator

I instalocked QoP and called mid. Team picks and the last pick is a Pudge

I sigh and flame him a bit, then go top with Nyx. We get 4 kills in lane and I start roaming

Enemy team gets fed as hell. Then Slark abandons followed by OD

30 Minutes later i manage to get the Lords of Noobtown to push mid and end

I was 18/0 at one point, but Ursa was just to big and was shitting out damage towards the end.

Leave the noobs alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom