• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Yeah the tree walking thing isn't working out. Time to go back to the drawing board. Same deal with huskar's berserker's blood--I don't like that despite his magic res. he's still forced to buy bkb. He's also way too vulnerable to physical damage since his massive agi nerf and ghost scepter change. IMO the two remade pub terrors are now back to being the two worst heroes in the game.

Can't freepath, but can teleport between webs like Meepo. Iunno. She's tough to make not suck without breaking shit.

ReRixo

Banned
I don't play weaver but I like that set. I like the idea of people making sets that aren't traditionally appealing, specifically on heroes on weaver who aren't supposed to be your waifu or on the cover of a Disturbed album or some shit.

so you like it because it sucks

ok

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Two of the Chen mounts seem to have new textures/models, Sanurok the Tigger and Buttercup the pig. Matt will likely show it off better, I don't want to set up the model viewer right now. Also the Keeper of the Light mount Ainidul (The thing with with the Horns), and the Unicorn Horn item.

Lifestealer seems to have his Chinese mask set up as an item.

Oh, this is somewhat interesting, a bit of info on how the teams for TI4 are going to be picked. Thanks for the comment line valve.
// High level world professional divisions for leaderboards and seeding the International
"divisions"
{
"americas"
{
"division" "1"
"display_name" "#dota_division_americas"
}
"europe"
{
"division" "2"
"display_name" "#dota_division_europe"
}
"se_asia"
{
"division" "3"
"display_name" "#dota_division_se_asia"
}
"china"
{
"division" "4"
"display_name" "#dota_division_china"
}
}

Kard8p3

Some guy's response when Anbokr's scrubness is revealed.

V3rnGHF.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can't freepath, but can teleport between webs like Meepo. Iunno. She's tough to make not suck without breaking shit.

I think it's pretty much safe to say some of these TI2 heroes (i.e. morphling, lycan, brood)--in their 6.74 form--would be completely fine transplanted into this current meta.

Hell, honestly, I think on paper Lycan and Morph are better now than they were 6 patches ago. Lycan has to face tank jungle making him pretty vulnerable early on but he came out with +2 armor (outside of wolf form), +1 wolf armor, +2 base int, +5 base damage, +howl damage to minions, +15 hp regen on level 4 wolves, lower invis fade time on wolves (and invis at level 3), and a bunch of indirect buffs (necro no longer being countered so easily by dom or midas and AC stacking with vlads aura). Morphling lost 55 aoe on wave form and 6 base damage but gained a 1.6s BAT, a much better cast animation, and a faster shift rate on level 4 morph.

Might be time to follow the trend and simply revert that gold bounty nerf on the spiderlings, give back web vision, leave in all those sexy 6.75-6.78 buffs, and just call it a day with brood (take away the gimmicky ass tree walking).

Cyborg up

The new lighting looks pretty sweet

Pretty cool things, the notification log, faster store, more loading screens, new map.

The store really needed to get faster. They need to do the same thing to Steam too.

EDIT: Also, having a pack of loading screens makes me hope they finally going to implement allowing some sort of cycle or random selection of items. Getting three loading screens and only being able to use one unless you switch yourself is a bit weird.

ElyrionX

The loading screen pack is pretty sweet. Maybe I'll bite after all. Damnit, I'm actually thinking of paying for fucking wallpapers now. Volvo plz

sixghost

I think it's pretty much safe to say some of these TI2 heroes (i.e. morphling, lycan, brood)--in their 6.74 form--would be completely fine transplanted into this current meta.

Hell, honestly, I think on paper Lycan and Morph are better than they were 6 patches ago. Lycan has to face tank jungle making him pretty vulnerable early on but he came out with +2 armor (outside of wolf form), +1 wolf armor, +2 base int, +5 base damage, +howl damage to minions, +15 regen on level 4 wolves, lower invis fade time on wolves, and a bunch of indirect buffs (necro no longer being countered so easily by dom or midas and AC stacking with vlads aura). Morphling lost 55 aoe on wave form and 6 base damage but gained a 1.6s BAT, a much better cast animation, and a faster shift rate on level 4 morph.

Might be time to follow the trend and simply revert that gold bounty nerf on the spiderlings, give back web vision, leave in all those sexy 6.75-6.78 buffs, and just call it a day with brood (take away the gimmicky ass tree walking).
Why was TI2 brood so strong back then?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pugna is broke as hell. How can he be allowed to be in the game as good as he is?

EDIT: Also, having a pack of loading screens makes me hope they finally going to implement allowing some sort of cycle or random selection of items. Getting three loading screens and only being able to use one unless you switch yourself is a bit weird.
+1. Hopefully they add the option soon.
Pugna is broke as hell. How can he be allowed to be in the game as good as he is?
I take it the year of Disraptor is over?

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Its a bit irritating for the game to freeze for a fraction of a sec (or more), when ever I use the 'Combat log' while playing.
(I have this habit of checking the 'Combat Log' after my hero dies)

Valve needs to fix this up.

Hylian7

Killed a Visage familiar with Tinker's March of the Machines and he stone formed right before it died, so by the time it would have hit the ground, it was dead. I still got stunned somehow.

dmshaposv

So they decided to put in the average chinese gyro set and not the sweet looking one which apparently is in their files.

Gj volvo.

P.S. Gonna buy kunkka's loading screens. The guy has been making great art for dota since the dota 1 days.

Nirvana

uqFQWLh.png

This is just like 50 USD, but it looks MUCH more reputable than those 150 USD prize pool Hungarian Premier League ticket ads. Y'all should price in zloty or something for the next one.

Make the International prize pool 102560000 yen on the ticket.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/532190345

Holy shit. I just don't fucking believe it. How do people manage to troll like this in high 3k ranked MMR?! I just do not get it.

The game starts, everyone picks, Sniper says we need support, the last guy says "Sure you do", and proceeds to pick Wraith King. He then jungles Wraith King. Mirana goes 0-4 against me in 10 minutes, other team is pissed at her, she eventually ragequits.

Wraith King keeps saying "stop feed" when someone dies. Sniper leaves lane and just AFK farms jungle, gets HotD and MKB, solos rosh, bitches at us for being nearby when he finishes it because he wanted solo XP, then takes the aegis and proceeds to farm during the ENTIRE 6 MINUTES! For what you ask? A Divine Rapier. He finally gets it, and WK says he's going Divine too.

Not two minutes after Sniper gets his divine, we get initiated on by their whole team and Sniper dies. Luckily Bounty Hunter picks it up (who by the way played very well and was using voice chat to communicate), and I breathe a huge sigh of relief. Constantly WK and Sniper would get caught out on the other side of the map by themselves.

Then comes the kicker. After the teamfight where Sniper lost his rapier, we rosh since we wiped the team. Sniper is dead, keep this in mind, and both BH and I agree that he should take the aegis, since he has that rapier now. All of a sudden "Sniper denied the Aegis of the Immortal!", wait what?! He was dead. He used his HotD creep to do it. It's like he was trying to throw.

So the other team complained about it being 4v5, but it was really 4v3. Luckily BH, Centaur, and I were able to pick up the slack of the two idiots.

I don't understand how people do this in ranked matches. Honest question to the 5k people (Milkman, 109, etc.) does this kind of thing happen in those level of ranked games?

Kreunt

Banned
http://dotabuff.com/matches/532190345

Holy shit. I just don't fucking believe it. How do people manage to troll like this in high 3k ranked MMR?! I just do not get it.

The game starts, everyone picks, Sniper says we need support, the last guy says "Sure you do", and proceeds to pick Wraith King. He then jungles Wraith King. Mirana goes 0-4 against me in 10 minutes, other team is pissed at her, she eventually ragequits.

Wraith King keeps saying "stop feed" when someone dies. Sniper leaves lane and just AFK farms jungle, gets HotD and MKB, solos rosh, bitches at us for being nearby when he finishes it because he wanted solo XP, then takes the aegis and proceeds to farm during the ENTIRE 6 MINUTES! For what you ask? A Divine Rapier. He finally gets it, and WK says he's going Divine too.

Not two minutes after Sniper gets his divine, we get initiated on by their whole team and Sniper dies. Luckily Bounty Hunter picks it up (who by the way played very well and was using voice chat to communicate), and I breathe a huge sigh of relief. Constantly WK and Sniper would get caught out on the other side of the map by themselves.

Then comes the kicker. After the teamfight where Sniper lost his rapier, we rosh since we wiped the team. Sniper is dead, keep this in mind, and both BH and I agree that he should take the aegis, since he has that rapier now. All of a sudden "Sniper denied the Aegis of the Immortal!", wait what?! He was dead. He used his HotD creep to do it. It's like he was trying to throw.

So the other team complained about it being 4v5, but it was really 4v3. Luckily BH, Centaur, and I were able to pick up the slack of the two idiots.

I don't understand how people do this in ranked matches. Honest question to the 5k people (Milkman, 109, etc.) does this kind of thing happen in those level of ranked games?

dude you need to take a month off dota or something, all i see you do lately is whinge about your teammates.

I need someone to teach me how to Phoenix. I can theoretically understand how to solo off-lane (especially if your against melee heroes) but how do you dual lane with it vs two ranged heroes?

Fuchsdh

The new broodmother doesn't seem very good at all. On multiple occasions I was completely stuck in the trees because they threw a puck orb and dusted me.

I played a couple of games with BM and the problem's worse than that—she gets stuck habitually since the webs cover the edges of trees and she'll try to path through them—then lose her invis and promptly get stuck. You can't click somewhere off your screen and hope she gets there.

BHK3

Banned
I need someone to teach me how to Phoenix. I can theoretically understand how to solo off-lane (especially if your against melee heroes) but how do you dual lane with it vs two ranged heroes?

Have a stunner/slow in your lane, so you can get at least 3 birds off, otherwise you're a range creep.

Have a stunner/slow in your lane, so you can get at least 3 birds off, otherwise you're a range creep.

Phoenix's birds have really good range, between them and his decent escape he can offlane nicely.

But I tend to prefer him in a dual lane as a support. His ability to shut down the enemy's farm cannot easily be matched. He's also an incredibly good babysitter, able to slow people from good range and either join the fight and bail at the same time. His attack slow means right clickers will almost never get a kill against you in lane, assuming they don't shut down Phoenix, but then they have the lane carry to deal with and Phoenix has decent survivability.

Razzer

I don't know if anybody cares but I often practice mechanics against bots (or when I may get called out at any moment) and the AI on them seems to have significantly improved over the last couple of patches. One even saved me with a clutch forcestaff today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom