• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned

xanavi

I'm going to be playing against Freakinchair today in his "big LAN tournament". Take your sides. Are you #TeamFreakinchair or are you #TeamFuckFreakinchair?

You know I like to regard myself as a seasoned Veno player (my most played hero) so I'm ashamed to admit that I had never realised how good Poison Sting was. Shit wrecks.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You know I like to regard myself as a seasoned Veno player (my most played hero) so I'm ashamed to admit that I had never realised how good Poison Sting was. Shit wrecks.

These days I only get Gale if I think we can get FB with it, like if I'm paired with Jugg or something. Poison Sting harass is just too excellent otherwise, it ruins the opponent in the early laning phase.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Had this game last night. It was Random Draft and while our lineup was solid what with Axe and Bounty and Warlock and Pudge the enemy team was really going to outcarry us with an Ursa, OD and Luna.

And then the last player picked Earthshaker. And I was like "okay, we need to push fast"

"unless"

"dare I say it"

"carry earthshaker"

the other guy says "don't tempt me man"

"DO IT"

and we won. It was a bit close at the end when all three of their carries were hardhitting, but carryshaker is just the most fun, awesome stupid strat.

Fuchsdh

Just played my first three games of Puck. Really fun hero to play. I still haven't gotten the intricacies entirely down, and I'm not very good at using Phase Shift + Blink when my Blink is on cooldown after being hit by an enemy, but it's a little more straightforward than I was expecting.

As infuriating as it was back in the day, I kind of look at those DoTA 1 days with fondness, where a new hero would get added and be massively imba, so everyone tried to grab it in matches. Puck was one that really stood out, same with Kunkka.

Speaking of which, have they added any heroes to Dota 2 or are they all from the original?

These days I only get Gale if I think we can get FB with it, like if I'm paired with Jugg or something. Poison Sting harass is just too excellent otherwise, it ruins the opponent in the early laning phase.

Yeah I've been guilty in the past of maxing Gale first or even putting points into Wards. Tried maxing out Sting first for fun until I realised just how much damage my right clicks were doing hah. I used to think that heroes like Viper and Kunkka were bitches to lane against but PS Veno takes it to another level.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Valve decided to make all Vermilion chests also drop Description Tag in addition to the normal item and battle point booster, after the even is over. Weird. As you can guess, the price of Description Tags has tanked, so now is a good time to buy some from the market if you are into that sort of thing, they go for about $.10 each.

GorillaJu

If I get to be Captain these days my go-to tri lane is Abaddon, Weaver and Witch Doc. Haven't lost a game with it yet. Not saying it's unbeatable but it's kind of fool proof and LOA makes a good counter to popular Mirana/Alch/Bane based builds. The other nice thing is WD is never ever banned so you can just save that pick till last and always get it. Recommended for frustrated pub cap'ns out there.

Razzer

If I get to be Captain these days my go-to tri lane is Abaddon, Weaver and Witch Doc. Haven't lost a game with it yet. Not saying it's unbeatable but it's kind of fool proof and LOA makes a good counter to popular Mirana/Alch/Bane based builds. The other nice thing is WD is never ever banned so you can just save that pick till last and always get it. Recommended for frustrated pub cap'ns out there.

What frustrates me the most about pub captaining is some people's obsession with tanks. It seems there's always someone who is saying we need tank throughout the picking phase. I mean yeah, having some tanky heroes is nice, but it's not some essential cornerstone that they make it out to be. I don't know where the obsession comes from.

Mohasus

Road to 5k, just 2 more wins (14W streak):

iyxQanp2ietji.png

Thanks anti-mage and drow for being so broken (actually, people don't know how to play against them).

What frustrates me the most about pub captaining is some people's obsession with tanks. It seems there's always someone who is saying we need tank throughout the picking phase. I mean yeah, having some tanky heroes is nice, but it's not some essential cornerstone that they make it out to be. I don't know where the obsession comes from.

From Lol

Mohasus

Was going to say am and drow get pooped on in my solo games but then I noticed the party tag.

Ironically, if I want to win when playing solo, I gotta pick support. My crystal maiden is 10-2 (solo ranked).

Having a solo lane (any lane) is a must for drow ranger, but most people don't understand it.

Very nice. Is there an MMR percentile breakdown? I've seen one for unranked but not ranked.

Nope.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
http://dotabuff.com/matches/534415267

I fucking hate this game sometimes. The amount of incompetence an entire team can display is baffling. Not a single person accomplishing anything besides me.

Best part is Veno was talking shit on me, despite being the worst player in the game. He added me and challenged me 1v1 and I summarily destroyed him. At least that was satisfying.

Nymerio

Even my friend who I started playing dota with first often says this. It makes no sense. There seems to be this misconception that once you have 'tank' every enemy will automagically only attack that one hero. It never happens. Dota isn't an mmorpg oO

I think it's just in the general clusterfuck of team fights with no strategy or anything tank beats not tank simply through attrition. They saw it once or twice so now it's just easier to draft tanks all the time.

Conceptor

Bone7, Sing, RTZ, Bulba are talking about Naruto on this casual eHug vs MYM cast, milkmannnnn are you watching??

Edit: bulldog in this too lol everyone's just flaming each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom