• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randdalf

Just played my first three games of Puck. Really fun hero to play. I still haven't gotten the intricacies entirely down, and I'm not very good at using Phase Shift + Blink when my Blink is on cooldown after being hit by an enemy, but it's a little more straightforward than I was expecting.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
ive only heard comments from kaz and it seems like its lol for stupid as shit people

considering lol is dota for stupid as fuck people already.... i dont even know

Instead of signing in you have to solve a simple math problem.

"Please enter the answer to 5 + 3."

Alternatively.

"Are you fucking retarded?"

Quesa

ive only heard comments from kaz and it seems like its lol for stupid as shit people

It's heartbreaking, if not unsurprising, that most people attempting to ride the MOBA wave are taking most of the worst periphery aspects (p2w, interface, art style etc.) from LoL and not Dota.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's heartbreaking, if not unsurprising, that most people attempting to ride the MOBA wave are taking most of the worst periphery aspects (p2w, interface, art style etc.) from LoL and not Dota.

Because unfortunately, LoL is viewed as the superior game to Dota by the masses.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You get Force Boots and TP boots so at least it has active movement items

Shinypogs

I swear to Helix that Mirana's arrow just does whatever the fuck it wants. Hits when it looks like it won't, misses when I can clearly see it going through someone, just arrg.

Hylian7

I swear to Helix that Mirana's arrow just does whatever the fuck it wants. Hits when it looks like it won't, misses when I can clearly see it going through someone, just arrg.

Counter_Helix_icon.png

One of these days I'm going to be brave enough to try out my Meepo in a pub game. Bot matches only take you so far, even on unfair. You can use creep aggro and positioning to your advantage in lane to whittle down the opponent bots health. Since you don't have to worry about being ganked in jungle once the bots bunch up and 5 man deathball at the five-six minute mark it's pretty easy to solo farm and gain a quick level advantage.

The only things bot matches are still good for is the hero pool is limited to a lot of big AoE nukers and some pretty good disables. It's good practice trying to deal against heroes like Warlock, Tide Hunter, Wind Runner, Sven, Kunnka, et all. I always lose the thread when the teamfights get hairy and fail to micro the seriously hurt Meepo away while keeping the other Meepos fighting. Also I'm awful at the blink dagger/poof initiation combo still. Once I feel more comfortable with those things I'll just solo queue dive into the magic.

I seriously only play All Random in the hopes that I get Meepo and I want to get good enough to play the hero in other modes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Decided to open my last Bloom Bounty instead of selling it and got Scythe of Vyse. RNGesus saves!

Decided to open my last Bloom Bounty instead of selling it and got Scythe of Vyse. RNGesus saves!

My man!
YLbQpDD.png

Didn't know if I wanted to keep mine since it was going for so much at the time I pulled it, but the look of it in-game is pretty sweet, so I decided to hang on to it for awhile.

Dec

These play with humans games in the tutorial are hugely flawed. If a player leaves the hero is replaced with a bot but can't gain gold, like normal DCs. Ends up just being a hero with gloves of haste feeding the entire game.

Edit: Should mention, 3 people DCed.

Jex

These play with humans games in the tutorial are hugely flawed. If a player leaves the hero is replaced with a bot but can't gain gold, like normal DCs. Ends up just being a hero with gloves of haste feeding the entire game.

Edit: Should mention, 3 people DCed.

Now you're really playing Dota!

On the plus side that does stop eventually. (Like after 40 games or so).

NewGame

Banned
k so i reinstalled this game after quitting cold turky over a month ago

join game, dc back to main menu
recon to a pause
dc after a minute
recon to a pause
dc after a minute
recon 'pls wait restart client'
restart steam and dota
recon
play good almost get first blood
dc
recon
'dude just abandon'
abandon
reque
>>>Low Priority<<<

uninstalling

Dec

Now you're really playing Dota!

On the plus side that does stop eventually. (Like after 40 games or so).

I've actually played Dota for around 650 hours, I just play bot games, and am perfectly happy with it. Tonight I was feeling adventurous and decided to clear the tutorial.

Feeling kind of bad, in a game with a Death Prophet stacking 3 phase boots and a Drow Ranger never buying anything but Salves, I got a rapier, 1,000 GPM and one shot everyone. Maybe made a few people quit Dota.

Jex

I've actually played Dota for around 650 hours, I just play bot games, and am perfectly happy with it. Tonight I was feeling adventurous and decided to clear the tutorial.

Feeling kind of bad, in a game with a Death Prophet stacking 3 phase boots and a Drow Ranger never buying anything but Salves, I got a rapier, 1,000 GPM and one shot everyone. Maybe made a few people quit Dota.

I played about 40 matches with bots before trying to play with humans. I didn't realise how bad everyone would be at the lowest level compared to the efficiency of the bots. It's pretty clear how most super-low level players haven't spent any time in bot matches at all.

I don't think I could play with bots for too long again as they're AI is pretty bad at actually playing the game when they have to play with a human on their team.

Dec

I played about 40 matches with bots before trying to play with humans. I didn't realise how bad everyone would be at the lowest level compared to the efficiency of the bots.

I don't think I could play with bots for too long again as they're AI is pretty bad at actually playing the game when they have to play with a human on their team.

I usually play coop if I'm playing alone, if my wife is playing then I play 2 players + 3 bots vs. 5 bots, because she wont play with other people.

You're right though, the bots have no fucking clue what to do if there are 3 bots and 2 players. Their AI goes right out the window.

I don't really play bots to practice, just because no one ever complains in them and they are still fun.

While Strife does feel pretty garbage to play, I do have to say that the gold/exp sharing from last hits DOES make you feel less inclined to feel that good old "why the fuck are these garbage people playing with me in my lane? Why don't I ever get good teammates?". Not much to say about the rest of the game other than the f2p stuff is pretty damn annoying even though you get all heroes for free. It's all just shoved right into your face in the most irritating of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom