• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

Jesus christ, I just got paired up with the same monkey twice in a row, and he's literally the reason we lost both times.

I don't even know lol.

You guys can't be serious. TI4 is nearly 6 months away. Imagine how fucking pissed the community would be if they didn't have any new content in that timeframe.
The majority community is pretty ungrateful so I'm sure they would be use to it by now and not to mention this would be off the back of three months worth of events, new gamemodes, heroes, items etc.

manfestival

You read twitch chat? Do you feel like you have a too high opinion of humanity?
Only at times, which it can be fairly amusing. Otherwise in bigger streams its mostly chat spam.

how could you stand her stream for more than 30 seconds? that voice. that social awkwardness. that face.

pls understand
I was watching her play hearthstone and rage (because she was bad). It was so entertaining to watch the chat call out the proper plays and then her rage about how she made the wrong play. I guess its one of those "you had to be there" moments. I said, I cant stand her though.

I think valve is waiting for enough time to pass to implement the whole custom map deal. They have done so much with diretide, frostivus, and new bloom. I am personally blown away by all of the content. I wish some games had that much done by devs in an entire lifespan.

Dec

The majority community is pretty ungrateful so I'm sure they would be use to it by now and not to mention this would be off the back of three months worth of events, new gamemodes, heroes, items etc.

Almost as if these types of games rely of consistent updates.

If anyone seriously thinks there will be no updates before TI4 you are out of your fucking mind.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think we should get a quality of life update soon. Nothing big like New Bloom or Wraith Night, but something sizable. We'll get Pitlord, the SF remake (Which it looks like it got pulled last minute from New Bloom), Valve will point out the updates to the map (I think they got shipped early by mistake, or they hoped no one would notice and could cut down on patch size), announce the Fantasy Team feature and how TI4 seeding will work (Which will likely directly tie in with each other), maybe 6.80b too, though a bit early for that.

So yeah, I'm going to be bold. Demon update announcement Tuesday, test patch Wednesday, live Thursday.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think we should get a quality of life update soon. Nothing big like New Bloom or Wraith Night, but something sizable. We'll get Pitlord, the SF remake (Which it looks like it got pulled last minute from New Bloom), Valve will point out the updates to the map (I think they got shipped early by mistake, or they hoped no one would notice and could cut down on patch size), announce the Fantasy Team feature and how TI4 seeding will work (Which will likely directly tie in with each other), maybe 6.80b too, though a bit early for that.

So yeah, I'm going to be bold. Demon update announcement Tuesday, test patch Wednesday, live Thursday.

Gotta have the fantasy team update soon right? Isn't there an upcoming tournament that advertises that feature?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gotta have the fantasy team update soon right? Isn't there an upcoming tournament that advertises that feature?
Its a compendium, but valve could also announce it formally with several other esport related features.

I want to say we would also get another new game mode next big update, but I think balanced shuffle will just be scrapped, and I don't think they will have an aram mode ready, and death match may be tricky.

im betting complete parity patch with all remaining heroes and 2 new ones, over 200 new cosmetic sets, and 3 new game modes for tomorrows patch

no way im wrong

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
im betting complete parity patch with all remaining heroes and 2 new ones, over 200 new cosmetic sets, and 3 new game modes for tomorrows patch

no way im wrong
Don't forget the map maker, mod tools, meet the hero videos, new comic, and tf2 cross over where the moon base the mercs goto is on the mad moon.

I wonder if we could feasibly fit every Valve game into the same universe.

Half-Life and Portal are canonically in the same universe so we've started.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
We were talking about events.

I don't care much for events tbh, new heroes and balance patches are much more exciting. Hell, even cool item sets are often more exciting than the event game modes thus far (though these sometimes are event-based).

Man, legit tho, if the custom map maker is anything near as good as wc3's was, Valve really wouldn't have to update much at all. Just like with hats, the community can basically do that for them. WC3 was the best gaming experience ever, just load it up in the morning on a day off, and go through dota, wow arena, angel arena, play a little dbz mod, and jump into some tower defense afterwards... oh man the nostalgia.

I don't care much for events tbh, new heroes and balance patches are much more exciting. Hell, even cool item sets are often more exciting than the event game modes thus far (though these sometimes are event-based).
It felt like the main attraction of this event was Terrorblade + Phoenix + 6.80 + Ability Draft + Hats anyway. New Bloom was just a bonus.

Boken

Banned
9a7gCFc.png

spEWojc.png

Karakand

^The real reason they changed the name of Blizzard All-Stars is because they decided to put Not-Stars like Faerie Dragon in it and not because the internet gave it the acronym BALLS.

Boken

Banned
*Troy McClure voice* Another Not-Star you may remember from That Game That Got Cancelled and Those StarCraft II Cinematics and That 1 Wings of Liberty Mission and Some Expanded Universe Book.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/d/d9/Wraith_death_05.mp3
y r u so salty
Anti-Mage simply does not work in the current patch. No matter how much farm you have, they are already pushing your shit in. I hate this game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/536696817
you too

Razzer

With regards to patches, I expect the next One to coincide with the release of free to play, so it can be a bullet point on the list. That would be almost 2 months since new bloom started right? We could get one new hero as well but no more than that, the SF remake, some quality of life stuff and maybe introducing the TI4 qualifiers with fantasy leagues etc. but that could be held back for another patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom