• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

Can't when they are breaking your base by 20 minutes and crap on you in lane delaying your Battle Fury to 17 minutes.

AKA; the rest of your team composition sucks.
You need anti-push heroes on your team.

Let them try pushing into kotl/ss/dp/tinker/etc. while you afk farm.

dmshaposv

Pick AM again...notice we're matched up against the same 5-stack from last time. Exact same thing happens....whyyyyyyyyyyyyy I just want to finish farming!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/536730242

Safe lane farming is dead.

It seems the only way your hard carries can work is if you give them the mid lane. I've noticed pros putting farming carries like NP, Void and I guess even someone like AM in the mid lane for early levels/exp/gold adv and then rotating to let them farm mid/late game when they have their core items up by 10 min mark.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I didn't know we were playing ranked. Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

So after playing 3 more games as Phoenix he feels a lot like old Earth Spirit. You need levels and can play really aggressive at the start of the game. You don't really have mana problems and all your long CDs make you play similar to the burst style of old ES, but you get to use your skills twice instead with your ult.

Biggest similarity is having absolutely massive hero damage with almost no items. Having just one person to help gank (any slow or stun) means you get another stack of spirits which is another entire nuke. I think a Phoenix Dazzle offensive offlane would be pretty sweet.

*Troy McClure voice* Another Not-Star you may remember from That Game That Got Cancelled and Those StarCraft II Cinematics and That 1 Wings of Liberty Mission and Some Expanded Universe Book.

her design always stuck out to me as the most fanservicey thing I remember blizzard doing, even though there's plenty of scantily clad women in their other games.

Nova_SC-G_Art2.jpg

But dat ass tho

Why doesn't valve sell ass enhancement cosmetics

Karakand

Starcraft 2 isn't exactly crawling with memorable characters.

There's the Rastafarian super duper ghost.

And Mengsk's son.

And that inexplicable tough New Yorker in a galaxy forever away mechanic dude.

Blizzard lore craft at its finest, idk what you're talking about.

her design always stuck out to me as the most fanservicey thing I remember blizzard doing, even though there's plenty of scantily clad women in their other games.

More so than the art for the rogue in Diablo 1?

HotS is so ass, there's no saving it. It just plays awful.

It's gonna make like a bazillion dollars still.

Boken

Banned
Starcraft 2 isn't exactly crawling with memorable characters.
uh dude havent you seen the essssence character?

There's the Rastafarian super duper ghost.

And Mengsk's son.

And that inexplicable tough New Yorker in a galaxy forever away mechanic dude.

Blizzard lore craft at its finest, idk what you're talking about.

It's gonna make like a bazillion dollars still.
i think hes talking about heart of the swarm

tho, yeah, heroes will sadly do a bazjillion dollars well

valve to hardcore = blizzard to casuals

WHO CAN RESIST ILLIDIAN RIDING MLP

Mordeccai

guys fuck tinker. I hate tinker so much.

It seems like every time I mid against him, I get owned. If he gets his bottle the rocket spam is just ridiculous harass.

Most every other hero I mid against I can keep my cool when fighting, but just seeing tinker pisses me off. really screws with me.

Hylian7

It seems like every time I mid against him, I get owned. If he gets his bottle the rocket spam is just ridiculous harass.

Most every other hero I mid against I can keep my cool when fighting, but just seeing tinker pisses me off. really screws with me.

Call in ganks on him. If he doesn't know they are coming, he'll probably die. Also if he's on Radiant and stacking ancients, ward his ancients. It sounds to me like he goes the Laser Missile build, which works if he snowballs like that, but if you can shut him down, he'll regret that build because he'll need March to catch up.

ElyrionX

Puck is your friend.

Karakand

i think hes talking about heart of the swarm

tho, yeah, heroes will sadly do a bazjillion dollars well

valve to hardcore = blizzard to casuals

WHO CAN RESIST ILLIDIAN RIDING MLP

I think that BALLS will take HoN's crown as the secret best MOBA with all the far out cosmetics. I can ride on a piggy bank with the Lord of Terror, like where else can I do that.

I also think you're putting words in my mouth or something.

Radec

You'll probably hate him more before they disabled rearming BKBs back in Dota 1.

Boken

Banned
I think that BALLS will take HoN's crown as the secret best MOBA with all the far out cosmetics. I can ride on a piggy bank with the Lord of Terror, like where else can I do that.

I also think you're putting words in my mouth or something.

show me these HoN cosmetics

I think the next "major" update will be the Free2Play movie update. It hits at a good time out from the last major patch and has a central focus to it that they seem to love with past events.

Basically, I believe F2P will be the big "event" portion of the update, like the boss modes were the last 3 events.

Just her being an "important" story character but her design being nothing but "hot blonde in a catsuit". The Diablo designs never felt that exploitative to me because they were supposed to be fantasy archetypes, I guess.

Them retconning pre-zerg Kerrigan into a stereotypically pretty videogame character sort of disappointed me too, though I guess her heart of the swarm rendition is a bit closer to her SC1 design. Sad-looking bald Raynor getting retconned into being a gears of war character also bummed me out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Can't when they are breaking your base by 20 minutes and crap on you in lane delaying your Battle Fury to 17 minutes.

This doesn't sound like a problem with AM, this sounds like a problem of mismatched compositions in general. If they're pushing the base by 20 minutes something went wrong in the drafting

Dev forums have been down for about 24 hours.

Did they finally put the old girl down? It hadn't really been that useful in ages, most of the issues now seem to come from Reddit. Only really useful for new heroes and the test client, but that can be handled on Playdota if needed I guess.

Dev forums have been down for about 24 hours.

Did they finally put the old girl down? It hadn't really been that useful in ages, most of the issues now seem to come from Reddit. Only really useful for new heroes and the test client, but that can be handled on Playdota if needed I guess.
I think it still served a purpose. There did seem to be a small contingent of people who collected the really small inconsequential bugs. Those would never make the front page of reddit, and hopefully will still get fixed.

Sadly 99% of the forum was just shit and grossly misused.

Raytow

It's a mod! Some recent patch broke it for me a few days ago and I haven't bothered to check if there's a working version up, I probably should. I'll link it if I find anything.
If we have a pyroflax announcer, I think we can handle nba jam announcers or something even sillier, doto pls.

Can I just say I think Shadow Blade is plop.

I think Blink on all carries is a must.

Meh. The bonus exit damage is good, and it's kinda a more reliable escape when your enemy has no detection.

In all other areas, blink dagger is better though. More reliable initiation and escape when off cooldown, and now it has no mana cost it's a must on heroes like Tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom