• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Several Members of Valve/Dota 2 team seem to actually read this topic too, though they very rarely post.

I think its better that way no offense to valve employees, but it just makes some people register so they can speak with them and it worsens the community.

On a different topic:

Anyone willing to coach me? I'm 2.6k mmr on us east and I really would like to up my game. I can see the logic behind a build and why you would buy certain items on them, but I'm having trouble figuring some hero's skill order and build order. Probably won't be playing much before Thursday due to workload though.

I've been playing phantom lancer recently also, what should I do if I'm barely able to get last hits in a lane (their supports is pro at denying) and/or getting ganked often, what should I do if my team keeps tells me to stop splitpushing and help them mid? Are soul ring and hand of midas good items to build on him? (This applies to other carries) What do I do if im behind?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn. Arcana terrorblade is so much better looking than stock terrorblade.
I really like stock tb, but the particle is really nice. Still not a fan of the lc arcana, and wish the gem worked properly without it so I could buy just that.
Hmm... I just thought of something.

I hope Lifestealer's cosmetics turn red when he rages. That could be bad if they don't.
Should work fine for most cosmetics as long as they can be combined with the model. It will be stuff that needs cloth physics that may be an issue.

Radec

Not when you use this helm
4016-dota2_items_legionarcanaig01.png

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think its better that way no offense to valve employees, but it just makes some people register so they can speak with them and it worsens the community.

On a different topic:

Anyone willing to coach me? I'm 2.6k mmr on us east and I really would like to up my game. I can see the logic behind a build and why you would buy certain items on them, but I'm having trouble figuring some hero's skill order and build order. Probably won't be playing much before Thursday due to workload though.

I've been playing phantom lancer recently also, what should I do if I'm barely able to get last hits in a lane (their supports is pro at denying) and/or getting ganked often, what should I do if my team keeps tells me to stop splitpushing and help them mid? Are soul ring and hand of midas good items to build on him? (This applies to other carries) What do I do if im behind?

I'll coach you, but you'll end up at 1.8k MMR.

Hupsel

Weaver keeps destroying me game after game after game after game after game after game. Then my team finally gets a weaver and the player sucks and feeds. Yep, murphy's law in Dota.

F!ReW!Re

Weaver keeps destroying me game after game after game after game after game after game. Then my team finally gets a weaver and the player sucks and feeds. Yep, murphy's law in Dota.

It's called dust and sentries.
Or ban him, or get some counters (disraptor, stunners, heroes with a silence, bh, slardar, doom, etc)

You're welcome...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Unless Icefrog finally remakes Techies, we will likely get them in May or June. I think getting the entire CM pool up for TI4 should be a goal for Valve, and is very doable. Hell, I bet they could get the full hero roster in before TI4 if they put some weight on the task, only 5 heroes to go.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can someone pls explain treads CM to me?

Ive seen it quite often and its never worked out. Is it to help her tank up or what?

+8 Strength without the need of anther item slot. You do it if you want to survive some initial burst, but its a bit pricy. You really are paying extra for the free item slot, since at 950 gold you could try and get anther 150 for the Vit Booster, or just go double bracer.

KingKong

Unless Icefrog finally remakes Techies, we will likely get them in May or June. I think getting the entire CM pool up for TI4 should be a goal for Valve, and is very doable. Hell, I bet they could get the full hero roster in before TI4 if they put some weight on the task, only 5 heroes to go.

Would it be crazy to have not only every hero in the game but every hero in captains mode by TI4? seems like a nice landmark

Demoli

Just had a huge 72 min game with Naga siren. Tried out Soul ring for the first time, and it worked wonders, allowed me to farm so fast with illusions in the jungle and the hero in lane. Kunkka and invoker were huge pains though.

Dotabuff Link

ReRixo

Banned
Just had a huge 72 min game with Naga siren. Tried out Soul ring for the first time, and it worked wonders, allowed me to farm so fast with illusions in the jungle and the hero in lane. Kunkka and invoker were huge pains though.

Dotabuff Link

so you skip bottle? I haven't tried soul ring on naga before but it sounds like it could be good. You go boots > soul ring > rad?

I'd imagine we will start to see some of the non-CM remaining heroes being slowly added in over the next few months or so in the lead up to TI4 stuff.

BigAT

I'd imagine we will start to see some of the non-CM remaining heroes being slowly added in over the next few months or so in the lead up to TI4 stuff.

Any thoughts on the possibility of other game modes being added to ranked or any other changes to ranked? Personally I would really like to see Random Draft make the transition over.

Madouu

I can help as best as I can if you're willing to take advice from a lowly 4k player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom