• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man i went crazy with buying shit the dota market, i bought two bloom bounties and got an auspicious battlefury out of one. Its legendary so i guess its somewhat rare. Also i beenplaying playing a lot of mirana with great success so i bougt a set, bramblehorn and a set runes which i used on new my mount, its fucking great.

Hylian7

Yep, literally impossible to win with AM in pubs. No one comes to help you and they take your safelane tower in 6 minutes. g fucking g.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You could replace "AM" with "any hard carry your team has to protect, even for 10 minutes" and they just refuse to do that. NP and Invoker mind their own business and get Midases.

Well yeah. Pub + carry that needs to be protected = a bad time
Gotta save those for when you have friends playing with you.

Hylian7

Well yeah. Pub + carry that needs to be protected = a bad time
Gotta save those for when you have friends playing with you.

Which is funny, because for any strategy the game requires teamplay, yet anything that involves "don't lose the game within 10 minutes" pubs fail at. I don't get it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Which is funny, because for any strategy the game requires teamplay, yet anything that involves "don't lose the game within 10 minutes" pubs fail at. I don't get it.

On the other hand though...
Pubs are really, really good at losing games within 10 minutes.
You gotta hand it to em.

Hylian7

On the other hand though...
Pubs are really, really good at losing games within 10 minutes.
You gotta hand it to em.

Oh and the other team had a PA on it and they beat us? Why? because we were getting bodied by a Centaur Undying lane and not a single person cared!

And how exactly would you accomplish that with a shit team?

It is a hell lot easier to win with carries than with supports on solo queue. Take it from a support player.

The problem with some carries like AM is that they can't literally do jackshit early. At least Sniper has ridiculous range with minibashes, Phantom Lancer can dominate a lane with nuke spam, etc.

Hylian7

It is a hell lot easier to win with carries than with supports on solo queue. Take it from a support player.

The problem with some carries like AM is that they can't literally do jackshit early. At least Sniper has ridiculous range with minibashes, Phantom Lancer can dominate a lane with nuke spam, etc.

Pretty much. Hence part of why it's impossible to win with AM for the most part.

Edit: 48.7 MB Patch out, guess it's the new version of the map?

Epix

Disconnected from Server. Unable to Establish Connection.

Tried quitting client, restarting Steam. Nothing.

Losing the fear of abandoning is so liberating.

I honestly don't mind being dropped down into low priority.

Prefer that than being messed around for 40 minutes.

That is a shitty attitude.

I ask nicely, if they continue to troll then I'm not prepared to piss about for a match to end.

No issue with flaming or typing in chat, but actually playing the game in such a way that it hinders your chances of enjoying the match, I'm out of there.

Left a match within the first 4 minutes, my support was taking last hits I needed. I asked nicely, he kept doing it. I went off to play Donkey Kong.

Did someone say Meepo?

igRmkoVCin2TX.JPG

That is a shitty attitude.

maybe they should add a concede if they don't want people to quit or feed

when one person decides the game is over, it tipically is. they can just be on the wrong places at the wrong time forcing a bad fight, they can buy the wrong items, they can stun the wrong people, use their lion/doom/whatever ult on the support with 10% hp. your team can win 4v5, but if someone believes the game is lost to begin with, that's even more likely not happening

I don't actually see the issue, I give our team the chance to leave in 5 minutes after my dc-ing.

I'm more than willing to take the punishment and gives a people a chance to leave and find another match quickly.

The other way would be to endure 40 minutes of stupidity.

Sorry for putting a value on my time :/

ElyrionX

I ask nicely, if they continue to troll then I'm not prepared to piss about for a match to end.

No issue with flaming or typing in chat, but actually playing the game in such a way that it hinders your chances of enjoying the match, I'm out of there.

Left a match within the first 4 minutes, my support was taking last hits I needed. I asked nicely, he kept doing it. I went off to play Donkey Kong.

Lol first 4 minutes? You judge your teammates in 4 minutes of gameplay? And over something as simple as a support taking your CS? Not everyone understands the concept of not taking CS from carries. If you think you are that good then just out-last hit him. Quitting the game in 4 minutes essentially wastes the time of 9 other people in game and can be extremely aggravating to your teammates. People like you are part of the reason why everyone thinks Dota 2 has such a toxic community.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And how exactly would you accomplish that with a shit team?
Next time you play ranked AP, at least try and talk to your team about what you want to do and what they will pick. You all just pick without a bit of communication, and there is no reason you had to lock into AM 15 seconds into the draft before the enemy picked anything.

And why the fuck did you skip Spell shield until level 10. You nearly died right after you hit level 2 to a ton of magic damage, I would think the normal reaction to that is "Damn, wish I grabbed Spell shield instead of get Mana Break, I'll get it at 3", not "Lets max Mana break first vs the guy with a 0 mana nuke"

ElyrionX

I don't actually see the issue, I give our team the chance to leave in 5 minutes after my dc-ing.

I'm more than willing to take the punishment and gives a people a chance to leave and find another match quickly.

Oh, I'm sure those 9 other people have all the time in the world to be queueing for a game that ends within 5 mins because some pro player in the game thinks he's better than everyone else and leaves the game when just one single person does not conform to his expectations.

inkls

maybe they should add a concede if they don't want people to quit or feed

when one person decides the game is over, it tipically is. they can just be on the wrong places at the wrong time forcing a bad fight, they can buy the wrong items, they can stun the wrong people, use their lion/doom/whatever ult on the support with 10% hp. your team can win 4v5, but if someone believes the game is lost to begin with, that's even more likely not happening

I think this is more then relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCKhD9XA04

While yeah, you won't always turn a game around isn't it worth a try? I value my time, so i'll try to make the most of the next 10+ minutes to validate the previous 40+ minutes
fighting it.

Lol first 4 minutes? You judge your teammates in 4 minutes of gameplay? And over something as simple as a support taking your CS? Not everyone understands the concept of not taking CS from carries. If you think you are that good then just out-last hit him. Quitting the game in 4 minutes essentially wastes the time of 9 other people in game and can be extremely aggravating to your teammates. People like you are part of the reason why everyone thinks Dota 2 has such a toxic community.

I can't outlast hit in some cases and will need the support to refrain from doing so that I can be of help.

I also asked nicely for him to stop. Yet it continued. And it's toxic by me asking nicely then giving them a chance to leave the match without any further consequence? Yeah, that makes sense :/

I waste 5 minutes of their time in total if that's the case. Whilst I'm having to wait 40 minutes to endure someone that doesn't understand the basic mechanics of the game.

I take the L, I get put into low priority and I have no complaints on that front.

Oh, I'm sure those 9 other people have all the time in the world to be queueing for a game that ends within 5 mins because some pro player in the game thinks he's better than everyone else and leaves the game when just one single person does not conform to his expectations.

5 minutes is quicker than 40 minutes isn't it?

A lot of conjecture on your part and false accusations with a dash of strawmanning. Keep it up!

You jumping to conclusions at a drop of a hat would be embarrassing if it wasn't so amusing.

I think this is more then relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCKhD9XA04

While yeah, you won't always turn a game around isn't it worth a try? I value my time, so i'll try to make the most of the next 10+ minutes to validate the previous 40+ minutes
fighting it.

Would rather start afresh.

I don't actually care for the win, just want it to be competitive and enjoyable. If people aren't reciprocating or actively trolling, I don't care to play with them so I'm off.

Low Tier
just pick an imba radiance hero like tb naga or pl, or pick like am and scrounge for farm. You'll win a surprising amount of games

or just be forced to play supports and big plays the opponent :()

Fuchsdh

D/Cing because you think you're better than everyone else and can predict the outcome of the match five minutes in sounds like an asshole to me, any way you slice it.

ElyrionX

5 minutes is quicker than 40 minutes isn't it?

A lot of conjecture on your part and false accusations with a dash of strawmanning. Keep it up!

You jumping to conclusions at a drop of a hat would be embarrassing if it wasn't so amusing.

Lol the player who leaves within 4 minutes of a game starting is accusing me of jumping to conclusions? The irony is delicious.

Lol the player who leaves within 4 minutes of a game starting is accusing me of jumping to conclusions? The irony is delicious.

Carries need farm especially in the early game.

Supports do the supporting. Supports that take farm away from carries are being a hindrance especially in the early game.

I don't want to be hindered.

Yeah, again, I think you might need to learn about the words you're using before you throw them up onto the internet.

inkls

just pick an imba radiance hero like tb naga or pl, or pick like am and scrounge for farm. You'll win a surprising amount of games

or just be forced to play supports and big plays the opponent :()

Easy win with pl in ranked ap? Tell me your secrets. Seriously though, how do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom