• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like Lone Druid will be coming soon (And I could assume other heroes who have sub abilities), his bear has been modified to give the "extra hero" box instead of it being tied to the hero.

Experienced a new level of scumbag tactics tonight. During the captains draft one of the players on the other team had his text color set to red and typed the abandon messagw while the portraits were still blank. Thinking the game was over already we picked all carries just to get through the draft faster and leave. They picked a real line up and destroyed us.

Nirvana

Sometimes even Terrorblade with a 15 minute BKB and a thirty minute heart can't defeat the power of Late-Game Luna

Feels pretty good when you're the Luna :D

Dotabuff? Those sound like terrible item decisions by that guy. There seems to be this idea that Terrorblade is 'super' squishy, when really, with his good armour and sunder as a backup I've rarely had that many problems. I think focusing on early game stat items helps you with your shitty strength gain and once you get manta, bkb etc. you aren't really as squishy as everyone thinks and despite still being a bit squishy, you have an ability that can bring you back to full hp instantly for zero mana at level 16.

In my mind, getting heart over Skadi is just asking for a loss. I'd maybe pick it up in like an hour long game as my 5 item or something, but even then you're probs better off with Satanic since he shits out damage in metamorphosis.

Dec

Randomed Night Stalker and had a shitty lane, but everyone spoke English, were on mics, and mid ganked.

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY

Had someone actually tell me to shut up when I used my mic like twice yesterday. Was he just a jackass or is this common? Been maybe a little gun shy since but typing is such a pain while trying to play.

Can't people just mute voice chat?

Dotabuff? Those sound like terrible item decisions by that guy. There seems to be this idea that Terrorblade is 'super' squishy, when really, with his good armour and sunder as a backup I've rarely had that many problems. I think focusing on early game stat items helps you with your shitty strength gain and once you get manta, bkb etc. you aren't really as squishy as everyone thinks and despite still being a bit squishy, you have an ability that can bring you back to full hp instantly for zero mana at level 16.

In my mind, getting heart over Skadi is just asking for a loss. I'd maybe pick it up in like an hour long game as my 5 item or something, but even then you're probs better off with Satanic since he shits out damage in metamorphosis.

The only justification for BKB is if they have a ton of disable preventing you from getting off Sunder, but even then with enough disable BKB won't help you anyway...

Dotagaf, I need your advice. What should I go build-wise for Lone Druid? I've always used to just say eff it and go radiance after phase boots on bear and brown boots on druid. Lately though, I feel super useless even with a relatively speedy radiance, as I've been running into a bunch of five man death ball strats.

I've been trying out going maelstrom instead of radiance, but what do I prioritize building after mael? AC into basher? Vice versa? Vlads? Halppp me plzzzz

dmshaposv

TB with Manta and then Skadi can essentially crush any carry. Even Luna and her glaives.

That Heart lost him that game.

shira

Experienced a new level of scumbag tactics tonight. During the captains draft one of the players on the other team had his text color set to red and typed the abandon messagw while the portraits were still blank. Thinking the game was over already we picked all carries just to get through the draft faster and leave. They picked a real line up and destroyed us.
lol. Creative as hell

Kard8p3

Had someone actually tell me to shut up when I used my mic like twice yesterday. Was he just a jackass or is this common? Been maybe a little gun shy since but typing is such a pain while trying to play.

Can't people just mute voice chat?

Fuck that guy, keep talking. Communication is important.

Hylian7

Dotagaf, I need your advice. What should I go build-wise for Lone Druid? I've always used to just say eff it and go radiance after phase boots on bear and brown boots on druid. Lately though, I feel super useless even with a relatively speedy radiance, as I've been running into a bunch of five man death ball strats.

I've been trying out going maelstrom instead of radiance, but what do I prioritize building after mael? AC into basher? Vice versa? Vlads? Halppp me plzzzz

Yeah, Maelstrom into AC is awesome, as well as Basher. Also I find it extremely useful to get Tranquil boots on Sylla, as they'll give you more movement speed (to keep up with that bear) and are really cheap. Also if you got an OoV early game, you can turn that into Skadi later on, or drop the OoV and go Desolator on the bear. Don't let the thing about Maelstrom being a Unique Attack Modifier fool you, it's only a UAM when it procs, so you can have Desolator when it doesn't proc. If your team already has an AC for whatever reason, then you can make the Maelstrom into Mjollnir.

Something I've really wanted to try is Medallion on the bear. I feel like you could use this if you were in some kind of aggressive lineup. It costs no mana, so the bear can use it.

sixghost

I really like midas on druid if you can get away with it in lane. The reliable gold helps a ton if you're building towards radiance and getting the second point in his ult can save your life.

Nirvana

The only justification for BKB is if they have a ton of disable preventing you from getting off Sunder, but even then with enough disable BKB won't help you anyway...

The justification for BKB is the same as on any carry and in certain games, against certain heroes, you are going to get blown up very quickly without one; so I'd disagree with you on this. If you get stunned in a fight, you will get focused like any other carry, and like I said, TB has good armour, so he can deal with physical dps ok, but shit strength gain, so if you can stop the enemy nukes then you generally not in danger of dying.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that I think the main problem people have with this hero is focusing on Sunder as his main instrument for kills. In my mind, it's a useful skill and can turn fights or get you kills in certain situations, but his actual ultimate is metamorphosis, and he should be treated as a right click carry.

Bread and butter is slow and metaphorph, with illusions for split push; you generally want to have your two illusions up before a teamfight as well. But you shouldn't be running around with low hp looking for sunder kills because that's how you feed on the hero. Treat Sunder as an added bonus to an already superb right-clicking carry.

NBtoaster

I have come to the conclusion that picking a greedy selfish jungler like NP in ranked is just telling your team you're okay with them losing their lanes.

F!ReW!Re

I have come to the conclusion that picking a greedy selfish jungler like NP in ranked is just telling your team you're okay with them losing their lanes.

That's because you are playing him like a greedy, selfish hero.
You can help them with a gank from the moment you hit level 4 (you'll probably have 1 lvl in sprout by then).
A gank on mid is the easiest, since most of the time they won't have a culling blade (to get out of sprout) and you can just tp in behind their mid once they overextend; Easy kill.
Ganking the lanes is also not that hard if there's some form of communication going on.
And once you hit lvl 6, your ult can do massive damage during teamfights (even when you're not there).

Nirvana

You can help them with a gank from the moment you hit level 4 (you'll probably have 1 lvl in sprout by then).
A gank on mid is the easiest, since most of the time they won't have a culling blade (to get out of sprout) and you can just tp in behind their mid once they overextend; Easy kill.
Ganking the lanes is also not that hard if there's some form of communication going on.
And once you hit lvl 6, your ult can do massive damage during teamfights (even when you're not there).

According to 80% of the NP pickers I've played with, you are playing the hero wrong.

1. Sprout is ONLY to be used to tp out when you get caught constantly while split pushing
2. Ulti is for creep waves, and occasionally neutrals your carry is farming
3. Midas ALWAYS. EVERY GAME. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Gank only once you have sheep/orchid/daedalus and can oneshot supports
5. Don't buy any of the items listed in 4, buy aghanims and refresher, these are CORE.
6. PROPHET!??

Acinixys

According to 80% of the NP pickers I've played with, you are playing the hero wrong.

1. Sprout is ONLY to be used to tp out when you get caught constantly while split pushing
2. Ulti is for creep waves, and occasionally neutrals your carry is farming
3. Midas ALWAYS. EVERY GAME. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Gank only once you have sheep/orchid/daedalus and can oneshot supports
5. Don't buy any of the items listed in 4, buy aghanims and refresher, these are CORE.
6. PROPHET!??

My pesronal favourite is "ganking" NP, who has Midas - Brown Boots - Dagon 5 - E Blade at 50 mins and is a useless waste of space who cant split push for shit

Nirvana

My pesronal favourite is "ganking" NP, who has Midas - Brown Boots - Dagon 5 - E Blade at 50 mins and is a useless waste of space who cant split push for shit

Just be glad he isn't 'bootless' NP, who has no boots 50 minutes into the game because he has shadowblade for all the sick movespeed.

NBtoaster

Many lanes are lost long before minute 4. By picking a jungler you've conceded the offlane and weakened your safe lane unless you help early. Offensive or defensive lanes with lane presence are much more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom