• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I don't understand how that Furion would do that...it's just double tap to TP back to base.

I honestly don't know.

Furion.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
That sigma vs c9 game :/

Why do you buy tranquils on pl? Didn't the recent change make them useless to right-clickers?

phase and treads are both a gigantic waste of money on PL, the only legit boots are honestly travels and rushing those will usually set you back too much. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and go tranqs if you're getting harassed in lane a lot and are willing to sacrifice a few cs here and there for some regen.

the tranquils + kotl nerfs were honestly way more gigantic than that 25% --> 20% illusion damage change for PL. Those two being at their peak artificially boosted PL so hard, tranquils were the best on a lot of carries, but benefited PL the most by far since he doesn't really benefit from any of the other boots like other carries.

Mordeccai

Call in ganks on him. If he doesn't know they are coming, he'll probably die. Also if he's on Radiant and stacking ancients, ward his ancients. It sounds to me like he goes the Laser Missile build, which works if he snowballs like that, but if you can shut him down, he'll regret that build because he'll need March to catch up.

Puck is your friend.

Thanks for the replies. I think I just need to stop expecting solo que games to go well. Asked three times for someone to gank mid and one person said "lol, he needs gank mid, noob". Makes no sense.

Maybe I'll try to learn Puck today. Been using SF and SS for my go to mid heroes and have gotten pretty good at them. Puck has a shit ton of skills / items to activate and I have a hard time keeping up

inkls

phase and treads are both a gigantic waste of money on PL, the only legit boots are honestly travels and rushing those will usually set you back too much. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and go tranqs if you're getting harassed in lane a lot and are willing to sacrifice a few cs here and there for some regen.

the tranquils + kotl nerfs were honestly way more gigantic than that 25% --> 20% illusion damage change for PL. Those two being at their peak artificially boosted PL so hard, tranquils were the best on a lot of carries, but benefited PL the most by far since he doesn't really benefit from any of the other boots like other carries.

Yeah, felt the same way about BoTs after a few games guess its an extra 700-ish gold to build something else. I wonder what are Icefrog's plans for him. Kotl seems like the perfect fit for him on paper, don't know how I feel about being reliant on one hero to be effective.

Also, better to buy yasha then go diffusal or build Diffusal first?

fiore

Banned

? OR just stick with brown boots

Phandy

There's something in the air of DOTA lately. Getting insane amounts of shit, much more than usual. Also leavers, i swear leavers were so rare for me.
As an experiment, I went through just my last page of games. Rating is for stupidity level of the game. Even if I'm harsh I had 50% retarded games, like not just people playing badly. But generally shittery.

12 games=
2 normal wins
2 normal losses

8 retarded games;

9/10 Sniper rapier first item, loses in first fight.
8/10 Windrunner feeds 0-7 in solo lane in about 7 minutes.
6/10 Brew spends all time KSing and spends money on lvl 5 dagon for more KSing. Second Mek on team lich and 2 ultis for solo illusions.
6/10 Kunkaa, buys double crit, feeding while trying to invis crit 5 man team by himself. Multiple throws.
4/10 Silencer feeding all day err day
5/10 (cus we won) -Centaur abandoned the game half way through (he said at beginning we had to be quick cus he didn't have time for long game....) managed to win 4v5 though :/
6/10 BH and SS, dont gank and feed their lanes. (not the worst game, but terrible)
8/10 wtf Entire enemy team abandoned in 1min because we outpicked them. Some guy was mad at their captains picks and dropped.

#saltyasfuck

inkls

? OR just stick with brown boots

tranquil gives armor, hp regen and as already mentionned, movement speed. You need some form of regen before HoT or all your illusions will be weak and you`ll only have +50 ms.

yasha first fuck diffusal u gotta farm for late game

thanks.

Never posted here berfore but maybe some of you met my PA in some recent games. Can´t believe i put over 200 hours in Dota already. The one thing that annoys me most in this games are the insulting people. I can´t even count the bad games who could have been won easily if people just would have played the game instead of insulting each other.

most lost games in a nutshell

Never posted here berfore but maybe some of you met my PA in some recent games. Can´t believe i put over 200 hours in Dota already. The one thing that annoys me most in this games are the insulting people. I can´t even count the bad games who could have been won easily if people just would have played the game instead of insulting each other.

Hylian7

Every time I think I get close to 4K solo...There is always someone that ruins it...always...

http://dotabuff.com/matches/537625474

Lion...instead of finishing that Dagon he had all the pieces for except the recipe, he gets Boots of Travel for no reason. Now Dagon isn't the best choice either, but against this team it's 134324234324 times more useful than Boots of Travel.

Played clockwerk for the first time last night as solo offlane. He's quite fun to play but I'm a little confused about itemization. Is Agh's really core on him no matter what? If not, how do you properly itemize him? Phase or Arcane boots? When to get blademail? I watched a YYF's clockwerk highlights and he got Vanguard on him..Was that a joke build? Anyways, any thoughts?

Calidor

I wonder if that means that top tier teams are going to focus more on ESL, Starladder, MLG and TI leaving room on less important tournaments for up and coming teams.

I guess that is going to allow new teams gain more experience (and money) which means a healthy scene. Unfortunately nowadays you see teams like C9, Sigma and Liquid playing pretty much everything...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
There's something in the air of DOTA lately.

Yep.
Last night I played a match where the WR was the only "support", yet she was intent on playing as a semi-carry.
No courier purchase, and she sat in lane the entire game split pushing.

I may have said some words that I'm not proud of...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Weird mechanics question time: if you're Melded as TA can you get picked up by an allied Tusk's snowball? And if so do you still get the bonus damage if you attack right as you land?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Weird mechanics question time: if you're Melded as TA can you get picked up by an allied Tusk's snowball? And if so do you still get the bonus damage if you attack right as you land?

I want to say yes to the being picked up by snow ball, and no to the bonus damage. Meld breaks if you are moved at all.

How can you lose with Terrorblade. Metamorphosis damage is insane, and so are his illusions. They hit hard and can jungle easily while you farm a lane. Ridiculous slow (60%!), albeit short ranged. Pushes towers hard with all that bonus damage plus illusions.

I wish his arcana was the stock skin because his normal one is pretty bad imo, dat face bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom