• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Carries need farm especially in the early game.

Supports do the supporting. Supports that take farm away from carries are being a hindrance especially in the early game.

I don't want to be hindered.

Yeah, again, I think you might need to learn about the words you're using before you throw them up onto the internet.

Sure, you don't want to be hindered. I'm sure those 4 people on your team felt completely unhindered when they were fighting 4v5 for the rest of the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel that positivity is something that's needed based on this page.

Edit: fuck

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

elyetis

I ask nicely, if they continue to troll then I'm not prepared to piss about for a match to end.

No issue with flaming or typing in chat, but actually playing the game in such a way that it hinders your chances of enjoying the match, I'm out of there.

Left a match within the first 4 minutes, my support was taking last hits I needed. I asked nicely, he kept doing it. I went off to play Donkey Kong.
I don't abandon that often but if it wasn't for the group punishment ( since I was with 2 friends for an mmr game ) I would a left a game recently.
The pick was luna/crystal/phantom lancer/sniper(me)/distruptor, no mid called before the game started; and with such a setup, distruptor insisted to take the mid because 'sniper is shit' and 'there wouldn't be any gank if sniper were mid', try to tell him how a distruptor is kind of a better support than a sniper, he didn't listen, I still stay mid, he decide to compete on last hit with me and ultimatly to feed himself to the ennemy pudge.
I still pretty much carried my team ( thought we still lost to PA with divine rapiere by 50 min ) , but there you have it, either leave and get into low prio, or stay and either play seriously ( but ultimatly loose as expected, after wasting 50 min of your time ), or do like the other player, throw the match, and still loose pretty much 20-30 of your ( and ally ) time.

But hey, /any form of/ a true concede option would bring hell to dota 2 and there would never be any comeback ever again, etc blahblah...

Sure, you don't want to be hindered. I'm sure those 4 people on your team felt completely unhindered when they were fighting 4v5 for the rest of the game.

You do realise what happens after 5 minutes don't you? If they play after that, that's on them.

They can leave without any mark against them and queue up for the next healthy dose of dota after a measly 300 seconds.

You seem quite upset about 5 minutes, pls BibleThump

xanavi

Lich leaving is actually the smart move here. You need to learn to relax and not go for every single last hit, especially when it means walking into a centaur stomp. I just don't see how that's worth it at all. Not putting points in spell shield and stats is another weird decision. You complained about your team not helping you but it's only 4 minutes in and you've done yourself no favours.

Seance

Banned
Ugh can't play. Must be too much server traffic atm or some shit. Sucks Balls. Stuck at loading screen for over a minute before it craps out. Cant even spectate.

Hylian7

Next time you play ranked AP, at least try and talk to your team about what you want to do and what they will pick. You all just pick without a bit of communication, and there is no reason you had to lock into AM 15 seconds into the draft before the enemy picked anything.

And why the fuck did you skip Spell shield until level 10. You nearly died right after you hit level 2 to a ton of magic damage, I would think the normal reaction to that is "Damn, wish I grabbed Spell shield instead of get Mana Break, I'll get it at 3", not "Lets max Mana break first vs the guy with a 0 mana nuke"

I still feel like that only solves half the problem: Sure I might not die, but I'm still not getting farm. What am I supposed to do without rotations from the team?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
You do realise what happens after 5 minutes don't you? If they play after that, that's on them.

They can leave without any mark against them and queue up for the next healthy dose of dota after a measly 300 seconds.

But you've lost them the game, the mark they're getting against them is a loss. I mean I know you're the coolest guy that's ever lived and everything just rolls right off you, but winning is important to some people. Most people care more about that then being able to last hit as a carry in the first 4 minutes. Your conduct is disgusting.

Low Tier
buy a qb at the start if ur not confident in ur last hitting. qb stout tango is fine. There were alot of missed opportunities for last hits, and the ones that you went for you overextended into a centaur+dirge. Also furion+am is just absolutely awful for a team, but iunno which picked first so i wont comment too much on that.

if u rly need help playing hard carry in solo ranked, i can do some coaching or w/e or watch one of ur vods and try to point out what happened. Picking hard carry is almost always the easiest way to climb ranked mm if thats what ur going for.

inkls

I still feel like that only solves half the problem: Sure I might not die, but I'm still not getting farm. What am I supposed to do without rotations from the team?

Consider this, by assigning 3 players to your lane, they are lessening their pressure of other lanes and they get less xp then you. All you have to do is not die while your teammates get easy farm. Thats 2 lanes they can push vs 1

buy a qb at the start if ur not confident in ur last hitting. qb stout tango is fine. There were alot of missed opportunities for last hits, and the ones that you went for you overextended into a centaur+dirge. Also furion+am is just absolutely awful for a team, but iunno which picked first so i wont comment too much on that.

if u rly need help playing hard carry in solo ranked, i can do some coaching or w/e or watch one of ur vods and try to point out what happened. Picking hard carry is almost always the easiest way to climb ranked mm if thats what ur going for.

Does that offer apply to other scrubs?

But you've lost them the game, the mark they're getting against them is a loss. I mean I know you're the coolest guy that's ever lived and everything just rolls right off you, but winning is important to some people. Most people care more about that then being able to last hit as a carry in the first 4 minutes. Your conduct is disgusting.

They can live with an L.

Truly abhorrent. I'm being punished for it and rightly so.

Strider

I'm in the middle of a game where my team insisted I go mid as Omniknight. We have an alchemist jungling ancients from lvl 1 and is lvl 9 26 minutes into the game... wtf?

Super pro dota strats Ive never heard of -_-

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also furion+am is just absolutely awful for a team, but iunno which picked first so i wont comment too much on that

AM was picked 2nd 15 seconds in, NP was last picked with 0 time on the clock.

Also, I feel like I should take you up on that hard carry coaching offer sometime next week.

Hylian7

I considered this, but what about the regen you are missing out on? Especially if you're eating a lot of ranged harass.

mfaex

I'm in the middle of a game where my team insisted I go mid as Omniknight. We have an alchemist jungling ancients from lvl 1 and is lvl 9 26 minutes into the game... wtf?

Mid omni's old school. Can't help you with the alch though. :D

Boken

Banned

109 never helped me

Low Tier
i mean i would hope if ur playing cautious and u got 4 tangos u should be able to scrounge enough last hits to get a ring of health.

and ye sure iunno just add me on steam or someshit or maybe i'll do real analysis one day when i'm streaming

ElyrionX

I'm not upset.

The fact of the matter is, you think you're better than everyone else and you think you are sacrificing your own noble self and doing everyone a favour by abandoning a game and going into low priority when the truth is, you are actually causing a lot of inconvenience and grief to nine other people who are unlucky enough to be matched with you. The worst part is, you are at the very core of the toxic segment of the Dota 2 community and you don't even realize it. It's quite incredible, really.

Sibylus

Banned
I'd rather be stuck in lane with a support that takes last hits than have people abandoning for nonsense. One is not even remotely like the other.

Quesa

If i just sent you a friend add it's so I know when to setup for ih streaming and also if you wanna play vidya sometime and see my shit bb play

mfaex

Well shit. I think I've seen videos of DotA comp games with mid Omni but that sounds like a long time ago.

Can't think of anything recent at mid, since Omni hasn't been popular at all in Dota 2. I'm thinking of the time around before the first International. That said, EG playing him was a lot of fun. Demon Omni on the offlane, solo killing an anti-mage. Good stuff.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
i think hes talking about heart of the swarm

tho, yeah, heroes will sadly do a bazjillion dollars well

valve to hardcore = blizzard to casuals

WHO CAN RESIST ILLIDIAN RIDING MLP
No, I played BALLS (HotS) at Blizzcon. Objectives are the only thing that matters (push strats or nothing), movement is horrendously bad, there are no items (kill creeps to have them push lanes), level advantages are nearly impossible to gain or maintain, big teamfight objectives basically kill a tower minimum.

It felt awful and there are too many design decisions they need to reverse to fix it.
If you want a casual 'fight fight fight' moba with Blizzard characters this is that.
Sweet.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sometimes even Terrorblade with a 15 minute BKB and a thirty minute heart can't defeat the power of Late-Game Luna

Feels pretty good when you're the Luna :D

TUSR

Banned

ive had a tinker do ancients for about 15 minutes and he was maybe level 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom