• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I want to get the ticket but the eight weeks of weekday matches all start at 1:30 am over here in Asia. That's just not going to work.

All the matches and replays are free to watch in-client and I'm sure they will VOD. You're basically buying the ticket to support the league, get bonuses and be a general good human. The time they air live shouldn't be a restricting factor.

All the matches and replays are free to watch in-client and I'm sure they will VOD. You're basically buying the ticket to support the league, get bonuses and be a general good human. The time they air live shouldn't be a restricting factor.
Do you tivo your live sports too?

ElyrionX

The matches are free to watch on the in-game client just like MLG? I don't see this mentioned anywhere.

haha pretty much my point

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
DotaTV is pretty goddamn great, but they really ought to implement more from the casters in-game. With big, high production value stuff like the commentary at TI3 and in Dreamleague, it's weird to have no way to see any of it in-game. It's a weird mixed message to send that you should be buying tickets in-game, but doing so and watching that way causes you to miss all that content.

shira

The matches are free to watch on the in-game client just like MLG? I don't see this mentioned anywhere.
https://twitter.com/DHDreamLeague/status/438847746460884992

DotaTV is pretty goddamn great, but they really ought to implement more from the casters in-game. With big, high production value stuff like the commentary at TI3 and in Dreamleague, it's weird to have no way to see any of it in-game. It's a weird mixed message to send that you should be buying tickets in-game, but doing so and watching that way causes you to miss all that content.

The audio files from all the casters make the match downloads 100-200mb now - adding video and it's going to be gigs. If you want to see them dress up and post useless statistics just watch the stream..

Sibylus

Banned
I remember when people bought 2+ Arcane Boots against Invoker instead of howling impotently about him. That and magic wands and shit.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The audio files from all the casters make the match downloads 100-200mb now - adding video and it's going to be gigs. If you want to see them dress up and post useless statistics just watch the stream..

Don't have to download them if you don't want to. And I wasn't even really talking about downloading anyway. Mostly streaming and the between game stuff.

Not saying it's a giant problem or anything, it's just a weird message to send that you get less content for paying than you do for free.

sixghost

A big fat "MEH" from me. It was a nice addition for TI3 (especially since you got an item based on your best guess), but I don't see this going anywhere at all.

I liked the prediction stuff from the compendium. Normal fantasy sports rules dont really work in dota.

Karakand

Valve has got to do something about that 6 person limit, kills it imo. They need to allow the an amount of duplicate players and have it scale. Like if there are 30 people then 5 people could draft dendi.

In fantasy (English) Premier League you can have the same players on the same teams, everyone just has a finite amount of (fake) money to spend on building their team and the player values fluctuate weekly. (i.e. You can't buy that diamond in the rough later in the season because they've been more accurately priced.)

If you can't watch a competition after the fact you're really not into whatever the competitive event is itself.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

If they're played outside of my country and not in my prime time, absolutely. The last two World Cups had games early in the morning US time. I'm not sure how that is relevant to whether or not you get a ticket, since being able to watch them at all is outside of the ticket's value proposition.

I remember when people bought 2+ Arcane Boots against Invoker instead of howling impotently about him. That and magic wands and shit.

I had a wraith king tonight absolutely refuse to get a soul ring. "its a waste of money, I need more damage"

He never once got his ult off against invoker in a fight.

Quesa

Enemy team was shitting on their 2-12 brewmaster for being bad. I reply with "tbf brew is kind of a bad character" to which the brew replied "shh nob". Sometimes I wonder why I try to be nice to people.

mfaex

Speaking of replays, watching Navi vs Power Rangers from earlier today. Holy crap PR rolled them in game 1. Glad Scandal seems to have a new team already.

e: Well that was a beating.

Randdalf

Puck is the best hero, so much fun. Still doing some dumb stuff like accidentally cancelling phase shift, but it's very gratifying to be able to dive into the middle of teamfights then escape without a scratch and get some pickoffs.

why are there so many idiots at 4k mmr? seriousy. Pick Axe and Sniper on ranked, two of the most worthless heroes in game. Feed top, weaver feeds bot, gg in 15 mins man this game sometimes just pisses me off so much

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Axe is good if you rush blink. And sniper is approaching 'acceptable' status.

What's the build for offlane sniper now?
Is it phase -> drums -> forcestaff/shadowblade -> MoM?

Edit: We need a therapeutic Dota 2 venting thread. Maybe we can mail stress balls or punching bags to posters.

LiQuid!

To this day I still don't know a reliable way to deal with Axe creep skipping nonsense. Rotating someone over to murder him seems like an excessive waste of time only for him to be able to just come right back and do it again.

Hylian7

They key to winning solo ranked is apparently picking terrible shit and doing terrible lanes.

A Jugg, SF, and CM trilane should lose, but somehow it won.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
They key to winning solo ranked is apparently picking terrible shit and doing terrible lanes.

A Jugg, SF, and CM trilane should lose, but somehow it won.

just pick lycan bro

lycan, slark, and tb all u need for pubstomping ez

1) team needs an offlaner? slark ez win
2) team needs a middle? invoker ez win
3) team needs a carry? tb ez win
4) team needs a jungler? lycan ez win
5) team needs a support? k F this just pick ember.

guide to pubstomping ^, u can thank me with your rares

i should pitch this guide to the owner of dota2ownage.com, procarbine where u at?

ElyrionX

just pick lycan bro

lycan, slark, and tb all u need for pubstomping ez

1) team needs an offlaner? slark ez win
2) team needs a middle? invoker ez win
3) team needs a carry? tb ez win
4) team needs a jungler? lycan ez win
5) team needs a support? k F this just pick ember.

guide to pubstomping ^, u can thank me with your rares

i should pitch this guide to the owner of dota2ownage.com, procarbine where u at?

Offlane slark ez win ez life

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
New invoker is really damn strong, but I'll have to be honest that the only two stuns on our team being AA's cold feet and Keeper Mana leak didn't help us vs him. An hour long game ended up with a somewhat crummy Base Race, we were taking down a the last T4 when they finished off our ancient. Close game, was fun.

Also, if you need a support, just pick CM. Does a Million Damage, infinite sustain, give everyone mana.

I pick Lycan whenever I don't want to play DOTA. Just ignore whatever dumb shit your team is inevitably doing, farm up the jungle, come out with vlads/treads/medallion, press R to wreck some fools, press W to wreck rosh, then farm some more. Eventually you have a bkb and a basher, so just activate your ult, pop the bkb, howl, and you might as well take your hands off the keyboard for the teamfight.

You'll lose if the other team is constantly disrupting your farm, but what kind of tryhard does that.

Kreunt

Banned
I pick Lycan whenever I don't want to play DOTA. Just ignore whatever dumb shit your team is inevitably doing, farm up the jungle, come out with vlads/treads/medallion, press R to wreck some fools, press W to wreck rosh, then farm some more. Eventually you have a bkb and a basher, so just activate your ult, pop the bkb, howl, and you might as well take your hands off the keyboard for the teamfight.

You'll lose if the other team is constantly disrupting your farm, but what kind of tryhard does that.

I random'd Lycan a couple hours ago and it ended a 6 game losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom